• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

speculation on vergil in DMC4 SE?

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
Can't seem to find a thread on this topic here, so do tell me if there already is one..

I barely followed DMC 4's story due to the backtracking thing, it really smacked my mood.. so i'm really speculating here about him being the promotional icon for DMC4 SE..

speculations :

1.Could it possibly be that the order of the sword has this unmentioned project of ressurecting Vergil? since it was yamato on that lab before nero clicked with it.. But then yamato -correct me if i'm wrong- unified with nero's devil hand, along with vergil's DT entity, that should interrupt the whole ressurecting process or instead accelerate it..

2.That said, i believe the SE would have a whole new content Vergil related instead of just skin, could be his story on the underworld like vergil's downfall only, gonna be alot better and that he knows someone tries to ressurect him, like "follow the light you prince charming you"

3.lol, and i got this funny thinking with the "i need more power" quote, even on the underworld he probably wont stop, still looking for the toughest dude under there for power, still fits the ressurection thing..

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
It seems to me that Vergil is dead in DMC4, and his soul is contained within the Yamato. The Yamato calls out to Nero, or rather, Nero calls for help, and he hears the words ''power. Give me more power!'' in response. I don't think the Yamato connected with Nero's arm, it simply connected with his blood, considering Nero is a descendant of Sparda.
It always seemed to me that Nero's Devil Trigger is a combination of his own and Vergil's, since it's blue. If it were fully Nero's DT, it should be blue and red, or maybe purple.

That said, it's possible Vergil never actually died in DMC1, but broke free from Mundus's control, and died a short while before DMC4. If Nero is Vergil's son, that could explain why he gets a blue Devil Trigger like Vergil. Hell, for all we know, the Yamato could've given Dante a blue Devil Trigger if he carried it instead of the Rebellion. It does give him some blue/purple flashes when he enters the Dark Slayer style. The Yamato does carry the blue, power-hungry part of Sparda, so it makes sense the Yamato would give Sparda's family similar DTs.

1. The Order of the Sword just wanted to restore the Yamato so they could open the hell gate. Agnus confirms that: ''How? Not even I could succeed in restoring it!'' I don't know how they would resurrect Vergil with his sword. The Devil Bringer simply seems like the physical manifestation of Nero's demonic power, like a partial Devil Trigger.

2. Seems likely to me. The trailer shows Vergil at the same age as Dante is in DMC4. So it either takes place shortly before or after DMC4. But I have no idea how they're going to explain his return - we'll have to wait and see.

absolitude

And yamato should be connected spiritually with vergil right? using yamato to open hell gate should at least poke vergil , and either way, opening hell gate will open way for vergil too, assuming underworld is hell.. i mean he can't be in heaven.. but kinda hard if the direction is ressurection, especially if it happens after the event on 4, i mean, what else is there? just hoping it would be darn better than the backtrackin they're making dante do on DMC4

i am so hating teasers, how long do you think for a proper trailer to come up?

nephlim god

They cant do that. Imagine the backlash if they just put him in with no tbought or effort . In a way their brave putting him in the game ha

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yeah I want a proper trailer soon too.

Also, if they add a story for Vergil, with cutscenes and stuff, I hope that they'll keep the amazing cinematic direction. I mean, DMC4 (just like 3) has one of the most beautiful cinematic directions you can find in a videogame, and it would be a shame if the new SE story content (assuming that there will be story content) can't match it. Need to see something already!

So I'm totally with @absolitude we - need - more - trailers!

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I'm both afraid and depressed in almost certain anticipation that Vergil won't be given any role in the already-exiting story or his own story at all.

He's probably going to get his own rehashed levels or Bloody Palace like in DMC3. I hope to God I'm wrong, but a sinking feeling in my stomach, complimented by prior experience with Capcom, makes me almost confident that I'm right.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
He's probably going to get his own rehashed levels or Bloody Palace like in DMC3.
I think so too, actually. In fact, I'm wondering why Capcom is even taking that long to re-release the game. Seems like something they could just release now, if that were the case.

absolitude

we dont need to worry much, capcom should've acknowledge the war -lol- or the situation among their dmc franchise fans, this lets them know how much it is loved, the original and the reboot.. and they'll friggin do their best with the current gen dmc releases, which i think will give the best to fans regarding the vergil's appearance, in a word, a whole new content..

i'm sure vergil's appearance and DmC's upgrade is everything a fan could ever wanted after what went through, it's nice of a big publisher like capcom to even be doing this.. felt like a good pat on the back, "there you go son" and i have never seen a game getting so much love like the dmc franchise.. much controversy, much hate means love.. almost like a cult, lol..

still strikes a wonder, the franchise haven't got treated spin-offs of any character, capcom still needs a smack

nephlim god

Maybe we will we surprised people. My theory is that because this game is so far ahead of us at the moment it makes me think their really adding and creating alot to this game . Like somebody said somwhere on here if it was only a reskin we could have it now . Or couple of months maximum surely ? Me being hopeful anyway

absolitude

well aren't we all being hopeful, watching gameplay videos and screenshots when it comes out will make me more than happy.. darn current gen consoles..

nephlim god

U need a next gen console . Im on ps4 and playing ps3 again after is like watching a blue ray film and then watching a low quality dvd . Last of us is breathtaking on ps4. Dmc on next gen is well worth braking the piggy bank

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Well, I don't know if it's worth 40 bucks, mate... Maybe 25 or 30, but not sure 40... I would wait some time after day 1 and then get it at a lower price.

DMC4 SE... well, we need more info, definitely. We don't know sh!t now, pretty much.

absolitude

U need a next gen console . Im on ps4 and playing ps3 again after is like watching a blue ray film and then watching a low quality dvd . Last of us is breathtaking on ps4. Dmc on next gen is well worth braking the piggy bank

yes, next-gen console is practically current gen now.. i'll just sit nicely and hope they come to PC, oh look, there's another hoping going on, lol..

Well, I don't know if it's worth 40 bucks, mate... Maybe 25 or 30, but not sure 40... I would wait some time after day 1 and then get it at a lower price.

DMC4 SE... well, we need more info, definitely. We don't know sh!t now, pretty much.

yep, day one buy is kinda risky these days.. wait for it some more

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@absolitude
I think they did talk about doing a Vergil spinoff or a Lady centered one before deciding on Nero plus DMC4 could be counted as a spinoff since it focused on Nero rather than Dante.

I think they might consider a spinoff be too much off a risk cause of finances and backlash but another way to do a spinoff would be for them to redo DMC2 from the perspective of another character like Vergil, Nero or Trish instead Dante getting involved with Dumary Island and Lucia versus arius.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Foxtrot94 @nephlim god
So how do you gus feel about my way off doing a spinoff?

remaking DMC2 with Dante's role being filled by someone else?

I dunno... I don't particularly like the idea. For a spinoff, here are my ideas:

- Vergil: set between DMC3 and 1, narrating his journey in the Demon World to confront Mundus

- Nero: getting to explore more of his past, and to know how he got the Devil Bringer

- Sparda: a narration of his betrayal and his legendary battle against Mundus the Demon King

Top Bottom