• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

speculation on vergil in DMC4 SE?

pepodmc

Maybe Yamato got broken during his fight with Mundus.

So if DMC4 SE has a new story mode for Vergil it isn't going to be in Fortuna, at least not after DMC1, it would be when he was younger (before DMC3) because if it's going to be after DMC 1 Yamato would be broken and he would go to Fortuna to retrieve Yamato and that didn't happen (because his story would be between dmc1 and dmc4 events and Nero ends with yamato at the end of DMC4)

M4IM949.png

What i'm trying to say is, that this Vergil is not in his 30s like some people say, this is Vergil PRE-dmc 3 era (18 or 19 years old) because Vergil in the pic has yamato.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
This pic shows an apparently older Vergil that wields Yamato. This can mean two things, imo:

1. Vergil's just a playable character, with no story whatsoever, so it's justified that they make him older and wield Yamato, cause he's just a gameplay element, and a means for fanservice

2. Vergil's actually got a campaign, and it's set after DMC4, with him having regained control of his mind and back on his way of pursuit of power. He goes after Nero to retrieve Yamato, so that's why he's shown wielding it in the pic

A third option is that Vergil is not older how it looks like in the pic (in fact, we can't see his full face, so it's perfectly possible that he's not older) and if he has a campaign, it's set between DMC3 and 1, showing his journey in the Netherworld to fight Mundus, or it's set even before DMC4, like in the novel.

These are my hypothesis.

pepodmc

This pic shows an apparently older Vergil that wields Yamato. This can mean two things, imo:

1. Vergil's just a playable character, with no story whatsoever, so it's justified that they make him older and wield Yamato, cause he's just a gameplay element, and a means for fanservice

2. Vergil's actually got a campaign, and it's set after DMC4, with him having regained control of his mind and back on his way of pursuit of power. He goes after Nero to retrieve Yamato, so that's why he's shown wielding it in the pic

A third option is that Vergil is not older how it looks like in the pic (in fact, we can't see his full face, so it's perfectly possible that he's not older) and if he has a campaign, it's set between DMC3 and 1, showing his journey in the Netherworld to fight Mundus, or it's set even before DMC4, like in the novel.

These are my hypothesis.

1- That's why I write "if DMC4 SE has a new story mode for Vergil" XD

2- I dont think Capcom will use that in a Special Edition, Capcom would keep that for DMC5 (at least for me, but it would be great if they do that in the Special Edition, and if the Special Edition ends exactly when Vergil finds Nero and will start to fight :nailbiting::nailbiting: )

3- "showing his journey in the Netherworld to fight Mundus" it would be great too :cool:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

These are my hypothesis.
for #3 I rather have it set before DMC3 with Vergil visiting Fortuna as it is more relevant to the events of DMC4 and it could potentially addresses Nero's origins.

I just think showing his journey to fight mundus isnt something that needs to be explored in depth and rather have vergil recount those events.

scionicspectre

I think Vergil loafing around Fortuna sounds a lot less exciting than a journey through Hell to fight Mundus. Also, it lends itself to some gameplay (although I wouldn't bet on it, since Fortuna has existing assets for DMC 4 and Hell doesn't). I'd say that the events in Fortuna before DMC 3, if confirmed as canon, would be something to recount in passing more than a trip through the underworld. I dunno', that's just me.

pepodmc

I think Vergil loafing around Fortuna sounds a lot less exciting than a journey through Hell to fight Mundus. Also, it lends itself to some gameplay (although I wouldn't bet on it, since Fortuna has existing assets for DMC 4 and Hell doesn't). I'd say that the events in Fortuna before DMC 3, if confirmed as canon, would be something to recount in passing more than a trip through the underworld. I dunno', that's just me.

Good point, plus Capcom with money issues= Vergil in Fortuna XD

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
What about Vergil's DT? You ever thought how it would look like in DMC4? Do you think it will be different from his DMC3 form? I think yes, after all Dante's DT form changes throughout the series.

I found this on Google, fan made:

vergil_new_devil_trigger_from_concept_art_by_angelovergil-d52pvak.png

Very similar to Dante's, obviously, but with different face (similar to the phantom Nero's DT has) and head. And there's the sheath for Yamato. How do you like it?

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
Some time ago I saved an image from tumblr where a person did an art experiment on how Vergil would look in DMC4 (alas, I no longer know the source).

I'm actually going to do something similar to this painting but in a sketch style....and I'll be posting it up late Sunday early Monday.,,,so watch this space.

Top Bottom