• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Special edition 2nd trailer.Here we go!

Viper

Premium
Your mileage may vary.

Personally I don't think it looks like Bayonetta whatsoever.
I still don't get what expression your mileage may vary means in this context, but never mind.
But do answer why prescription glasses and black pants on what you claim is Lady palette?

scionicspectre

I still don't get what expression your mileage may vary means in this context, but never mind.
But do answer why prescription glasses and black pants on what you claim is Lady palette?

I can't speak for Veloran, but glasses are a fairly popular fetish in Japan, and an option in many of their games that focus on the characters' sex appeal- Dead or Alive, for instance. You wouldn't say that all the female characters in that game have Bayonetta-themed costumes, would you?

Black pants are black pants- we all like black pants, don't we? Doesn't Trish already wear black pants? I think you guys are grasping for straws- our familiarity with the characters and the fact that they share a genre is introducing more bias than it's worth.

Last edited:

Viper

Premium
I can't speak for Veloran, but glasses are a fairly popular fetish in Japan, and an option in many of their games that focus on the characters' sex appeal- Dead or Alive, for instance. You wouldn't say that all the female characters in that game have Bayonetta-themed costumes, would you?

Black pants are black pants- we all like black pants, don't we? Doesn't Trish already wear black pants? I think you guys are grasping for straws- our familiarity with the characters and the fact that they share a genre is introducing too much bias.
But he keeps claiming it's Lady palette solely on the fact Trish has black hair and white top. Also, Dante's palette swap is based on DmC Dante as people claim, Lady's palette swap is based on Trish, but the one from Trish is just a random fetish? Shouldn't ALL palette swaps be referred to as just random things then?

Veloran

It means different people will see things differently. Saying "That's obviously Bayonetta" isn't really true.

As to why I think it's a Lady pallet, I'm just looking at it with the view that it's what Lady would look like if she were Trish and what Trish would look like if she were Lady. Not, "This is Trish if she was dressed as Lady", but "This is Trish if she was in Lady's place".

Black pants are black pants- we all like black pants, don't we? Doesn't Trish already wear black pants? I think you guys are grasping for straws- our familiarity with the characters and the fact that they share a genre is introducing more bias than it's worth.
Really, Trish pallet swapped to be Bayonetta would just need black hair and black glasses, and nothing else. The top and red glasses messes that up.

scionicspectre

Shouldn't ALL palette swaps be referred to as just random things then?

I think so, yes! But, if we are assuming the palette swaps are based on existing characters in the games, it could be said that red-rimmed glasses are Trish's spin on glasses. Except, of course, that's silly- Trish is known for black sunglasses...

Oh wait, maybe that's the reason they're not black sunglasses. That's her DT.

There is a similar discussion going on in the costume thread, though, and I'd say that's where this belongs, honestly.

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Yeah because Bayo and DMC4 don't have any common stuff at all #irony. And it's not only glasses it's also her hair AND clothes colour. But yeah they probably just put this those colors as reference to Kat or something:facepalm:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yeah because Bayo and DMC4 don't have any common stuff at all #irony. And it's not only glasses it's also her hair AND clothes colour. But yeah they probably just put this those colors as reference to Kat or something:facepalm:

Clothes color? Doesn't Bayonetta have black outfit? Trish's top is white with that palette.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD

Dude, why is is it so hard to just accept that her hair is black just to be black, and the red glasses were just for show? Why is that a difficult concept to understand here?

Viper

Premium
Clothes color? Doesn't Bayonetta have black outfit? Trish's top is white with that palette.
On the side that Bayo was seen in a white dress in intro of Bayonetta 2, Jeanne's formal outfit is white and has glasses with red frames.

Bazilican

On the side that Bayo was seen in a white dress in intro of Bayonetta 2, Jeanne's formal outfit is white and has glasses with red frames.

but Trish's pants are black while Jeanne's full uniform is white. Bayonetta's clothes are all black. Trish's glasses are red frame while Bayonetta's is black. Jeanne's hair is white, not black. Trish has no shade of red besides her glasses and lips to be anything to Jeanne.

THEY'RE. JUST. GLASSES.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I meant her pants.
Dude, why is is it so hard to just accept that her hair is black just to be black, and the red glasses were just for show? Why is that a difficult concept to understand here?
glasses just for show? Why they removed tan from them than? Honestly they d0 look awfully bayonetta like + now lets remember that somebody from DMC4 team said he would like to do crossover, even if this never happens.

Viper

Premium
Dante: *tries to drag her away* No, Vip! Viper, you said you'll stay away from the issue!

I have to, I will not be able to sleep peacefully if I don't say this!
I think there is a reason why the confusing palette for Trish was shown in same scene with Sparda costume.

In the Bracelet of Time's description (item from Bayonetta based on item from DMC1), Eva is a historical witch who entered into a contract with a "Legendary Dark Knight"—the latter description being Sparda's famous moniker.

Jeanne's formal outfit:

Bayonetta wears all black, so just sticking glasses and changing hair color on Trish would be too little of a change, hence why I think they mixed colors a bit. Or it could be something about copyright, I don't know.

*gets carried away by Dante* I have spoken, the rest is up to you.

Bazilican

glasses just for show? Why they removed tan from them than? Honestly they d0 look awfully bayonetta like + now lets remember that somebody from DMC4 team said he would like to do crossover, even if this never happens.

Those glasses look in no way Bayonetta like
vlcsnap_2015_05_17_18h22m38s281.png

BAYONETTA_megane.jpg

bayonetta-glasses-460x259.jpg

The closest they look to glasses from Bayo is Jeanne, and even then, they're less detailed.

img58162353.jpg

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Those glasses look in no way Bayonetta like
The closest they look to glasses from Bayo is Jeanne, and even then, they're less detailed.
Ok, if this satisfies you, you may consider its nothing alike. Not that it actually changes anything, but you're welcome. :meh:

Top Bottom