• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

so..

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Oh, but you forgot this:
There was diary back there, where it stated that NT initialy hit a wall, so Itsuno and his team were forced to educate them on development of fighting mechanics in work shops once a month or something. Itsuno himself didn't developed any part of DmC. He was working on Dragon's Dogma at the time. Kamiya also overlooked Bayonetta 2, but he himself stated he has not creative credentials in it.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
There was diary back there, where it stated that NT initialy hit a wall, so Itsuno and his team were forced to educate them on development of fighting mechanics in work shops once a month or something. Itsuno himself didn't developed any part of DmC. He was working on Dragon's Dogma at the time. Kamiya also overlooked Bayonetta 2, but he himself stated he has not creative credentials in it.
I already know this. You kept coming at me over and over about his involvement, but no... once I proved you wrong, you didn't even give up. You ...you know what? I'm done.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I thought it was pretty obvious that Capcom went to Ninja Theory to get a different approach to Devil May Cry.

DMC is Capcom’s IP. So surely regardless to NT developing DmC (which was a requested reboot to the DMC franchise) it is still very much so Capcom’s property? Especially since they sought after Ninja Theory, it’s their IP, and they overlooked development for it.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I thought it was pretty obvious that Capcom went to Ninja Theory to get a different approach to Devil May Cry.

DMC is Capcom’s IP. So surely regardless to NT developing DmC (which was a requested reboot to the DMC franchise) it is still very much so Capcom’s property? Especially since they sought after Ninja Theory, it’s their IP, and they overlooked development for it.
Well Metal Gear is also Konami IP yet, look what they made with it, without team that developed it and it's director. That's my point on it. You can own something and have rights to it, but without creative minds created it you can't just simply throw it at random folk and say "do it". Capcom also owns all Clover IPs, yet they barely done anything with them, because without minds who've done it, they are simply unable to maintain franchise feeling to it. Hell I can't believe I defend NT's credibility as creator

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Well Metal Gear is also Konami IP yet, look what they made with it, without team that developed it and it's director. That's my point on it. You can own something and have rights to it, but without creative minds created it you can't just simply throw it at random folk and say "do it". Capcom also owns all Clover IPs, yet they barely done anything with them, because without minds who've done it, they are simply unable to maintain franchise feeling to it. Hell I can't believe I defend NT's credibility as creator
There is a major difference between the two: Metal Gear Solid's team is still at Konami. They still developed Metal Gear Survive. Kojima claims that he didn't develop Survive, or direct it, in any capacity. Survive was something that Konami has wanted for a very long time, he too wanted Survive, but in a different idea, though. Metal Gear Rising was supposed to have nanomachines with zombies. So, when Konami and Kojima had the falling out, they greenlit Survive without any creative problem or differences. Kojima even trained most of the younger folks after he's decided to leave. Kojima didn't want to do any more MGS, because he was worn out. Every time Konami asked Kojima to do a new MGS title, he said no each time. MGS5 was the one that broke the camel's back. And it shows. It was shipped unfinished. Survive sold less than ANY of the recent releases, including Metal Gear Rising, which actually sold pretty well for a game that didn't have Kojima's touch or blessing.

With DmC, the project was developed with the original team, has been in there since the beginning. Oversaw by Itsuno. DmC sold quite well despite the controversy. Enough that a Definitive Edition was released. Though, with DMC, it's easy to market the product even though there's no one like Kojima on the project. Hideki Kamiya is not Kojima-caliber, nor is Shinji Mikami. Resident Evil, another Capcom property still has a cult following despite Shinji Mikami's departure.

Resident Evil 2 Remake has been making waves everywhere regardless of the director.

I am not discounting their work, I'm just saying the notion of the director being the importance does not always work. As shown with Survive.

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
With DmC, the project was developed with the original team, has been in there since the beginning.
Where the hell you have this information from? That just can't be more false than that. Original team did NOT developed DmC. They were working on Dragon's Dogma, at the very same time.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Capcom owns the rights to DmC so i could see them doing a DmC2 without NT. They might just bring in another western developer and give them free reign to do a sequel their way. I rather NT do a sequel but I dont know likely it is after they joined Microsoft.

I specify a western dev team because DmC was made to cater to western audiences. So a japanese dev team wouldnt feel right to me. A Japanese dev could still work on DMC, just not DmC specifically. I rather give them free reign to do something else, like a crossover. A DMC x Bayonnetta or a DMC x Ninja Gaiden would be pretty sweet.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Where the hell you have this information from? That just can't be more false than that. Original team did NOT developed DmC. They were working on Dragon's Dogma, at the very same time.
I quoted many times in this thread. You think they (Capcom) sent their employees who don't know anything about DMC? *Laughs* Ah HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Whatever dude. I'm done discussing this with you. It is quite clear you don't understand, never will understand, and can never open your mind. So, do whatever you want!

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I quoted many times in this thread. You think they (Capcom) sent their employees who don't know anything about DMC? *Laughs* Ah HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Whatever dude. I'm done discussing this with you. It is quite clear you don't understand, never will understand, and can never open your mind. So, do whatever you want!
:facepalm: ok so you just makes empty claim and you can't show any prove of it and now you acts like you proved something. Whatever. Please don't lead long debates on stuff you clearly don't understand.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
:facepalm: ok so you just makes empty claim and you can't show any prove of it and now you acts like you proved something. Whatever. Please don't lead long debates on stuff you clearly don't understand.
It's YOU who don't understand!

I do understand. I didn't make empty claims or whatever stupid idea you have running through your little brain. You just don't care to understand. :facepalm:

So, AGAIN. Whatever, kid.

DarkSlayerVergil

Capcom owns the rights to DmC so i could see them doing a DmC2 without NT. They might just bring in another western developer and give them free reign to do a sequel their way. I rather NT do a sequel but I dont know likely it is after they joined Microsoft.

I specify a western dev team because DmC was made to cater to western audiences. So a japanese dev team wouldnt feel right to me. A Japanese dev could still work on DMC, just not DmC specifically. I rather give them free reign to do something else, like a crossover. A DMC x Bayonnetta or a DMC x Ninja Gaiden would be pretty sweet.
I'm curious as to how a crossover between hack and slash games would work?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
It's YOU who don't understand!

I do understand. I didn't make empty claims or whatever stupid idea you have running through your little brain. You just don't care to understand. :facepalm:

So, AGAIN. Whatever, kid.
ok :wink:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm curious as to how a crossover between hack and slash games would work?
are we talking about gameplay, story or production?

production-wise, they might do seperate versions for each dev team like Street fight x tekken. Or have 1 dev team do the game either on its own or maybe a mix of teams?

Last edited:

DarkSlayerVergil

production-wise, they might do seperate versions for each dev team like Street fight x tekken. Or have 1 dev team do the game either on its own or maybe a mix of teams?
Gameplay wise cause at least with fighting games you'll can at least find some middle ground between the two mechanics. Thinking of it now if say Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden were to crossover with Cereza being in NG as a playable character I can see demonics summons being her "ninpo" attacks. Her humiliation attacks could be used as her finishing attacks on injured enemies. If a ninja is missing a limb Bayonetta does one of her climax finishes but speed up a bit keep in line with NG fast pace combot.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Gameplay wise cause at least with fighting games you'll can at least find some middle ground between the two mechanics. Thinking of it now if say Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden were to crossover with Cereza being in NG as a playable character I can see demonics summons being her "ninpo" attacks. Her humiliation attacks could be used as her finishing attacks on injured enemies. If a ninja is missing a limb Bayonetta does one of her climax finishes but speed up a bit keep in line with NG fast pace combot.
Perfect example. I was going to say something else, but it wouldn't be the first time this has been done. Bomberman R included Master Chief, Ratchet and Clank, and Portal’s P-body for console specific versions of the game. Also, more DLC's were deployed for more charcters such as Dracula, Jephuty, and Anubs.

That wouldn't work. That would mean two different production teams doing two different games. DMC and Bayonetta both practically play the same. Only different controls and mechanics. I haven't played Bayonetta, but I have watched it, it looks like it plays similar to DMC in combat, but the QTE's are similar to something like God of War for the big boss battles.

I think I remember a playable character for a single player game such as this, but I can't seem to remember which one.

Last edited:

DarkSlayerVergil

Perfect example. I was going to say something else, but it wouldn't be the first time this has been done. Bomberman R included Master Chief, Ratchet and Clank, and Portal’s P-body for console specific versions of the game. Also, more DLC's were deployed for more charcters such as Dracula, Jephuty, and Anubs.

That wouldn't work. That would mean two different production teams doing two different games. DMC and Bayonetta both practically play the same. Only different controls and mechanics. I haven't played Bayonetta, but I have watched it, it looks like it plays similar to DMC in combat, but the QTE's are similar to something like God of War for the big boss battles.

I think I remember a playable character for a single player game such as this, but I can't seem to remember which one.
On that note, I'd love to see Team Ninja own take on her in terms of design with her own ninja get up. Something reminscent of this:
943c349e956d9bc599df0c377efb8659.jpg

But you know, with more thigh action going. Know what I'm saying? Also the thought of Bayonetta in Ninja Gaiden makes me curious if they would give her a "chest inflation" to keep up with the other NG girls, though honestly I'd much prefer Cereza with a lot of "back cushion" than a "inflated chest" :cool::cool::cool:.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
On that note, I'd love to see Team Ninja own take on her in terms of design with her own ninja get up. Something reminscent of this:
943c349e956d9bc599df0c377efb8659.jpg

But you know, with more thigh action going. Know what I'm saying? Also the thought of Bayonetta in Ninja Gaiden makes me curious if they would give her a "chest inflation" to keep up with the other NG girls, though honestly I'd much prefer Cereza with a lot of "back cushion" than a "inflated chest" :cool::cool::cool:.
Good idea on paper, but bad idea in the real world. Ninja Gaiden was fine the way it was. The Sigma update wasn't bad at all, either... But with the SJW stupidity in today's climate, I'm not sure that's a good idea. You saw the controvery towards that Dead or Alive VolleyBall game.

@Z218 If there was a DMCxBayo, there won't be exclusivity. *rolleyes* Yeah, Bayonetta 2 was exclusive to Wii U. But only because Platinum Games allowed it, and they even allowed Nintendo to Produce it. Nothing is known about Bayonetta 3, other than that it's a Nintendo Switch title. The first one was a multiplatform title, sooo...

Last edited:
Top Bottom