• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

so..

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I’m sure somebody said that DmC was Ninja Theory’s best selling game.

Wouldn’t it just be logical then to make a sequel if that was the case?

ShiningTempest

I’m sure somebody said that DmC was Ninja Theory’s best selling game.
Wouldn’t it just be logical then to make a sequel if that was the case?
Most of the combat system was redesigned by Itsuno.
If NT were good with combat then we would have seen it in Hellblade.
Also they didnt even learn anything from DmC.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Most of the combat system was redesigned by Itsuno.
If NT were good with combat then we would have seen it in Hellblade.
Also they didnt even learn anything from DmC.
Itsuno overlooked the combat but most of it was from NT.
Hellblade is a whole different game from DmC so of course there's differences in combat mechanics that aren't like DmC.

ShiningTempest

Itsuno overlooked the combat but most of it was from NT.
Hellblade is a whole different game from DmC so of course there's differences in combat mechanics that aren't like DmC.
There you go: different.
A perfect excuse for then to not incorporate any mechanics or combat elements they learned from DmC.
So M$ bought them right?
Im pretty sure that every game they make will be so different from DmC so that they dont have to implement any of those mechanics.

I wonder how much can you push the different logic?
Game has no boss fights? its different.
No enemy variety? its just different.
Only one weapon! its different boi.

Does it work with glitches and bugs?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
A perfect excuse for then to not incorporate any mechanics or combat elements they learned from DmC.
So M$ bought them right?
Im pretty sure that every game they make will be so different from DmC so that they dont have to implement any of those mechanics.

Hellblade isn't a hack n Slash. It's a whole different game with different mechanics to DmC. And who knows, there might be another chance for Ninja Theory to do another hack n slash, and if they do, then maybe we'll see mechanics from DmC.
I don't know what point you're trying to make here, but it sounds aggressive.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
So M$ bought them right?

Could you perhaps try to tone down your attitude with whatever point you’re trying to make here. You’re coming off as extremely aggressive towards another member just because they have a view that you don’t seem to agree with. All I’m saying is...calm down a little. There’s no reason we can’t all have a valid discussion without seeming to come off too strong.

Anton Clemens

Hellblade isn't a hack n Slash. It's a whole different game with different mechanics to DmC. And who knows, there might be another chance for Ninja Theory to do another hack n slash, and if they do, then maybe we'll see mechanics from DmC.
I don't know what point you're trying to make here, but it sounds aggressive.
Could you perhaps try to tone down your attitude with whatever point you’re trying to make here. You’re coming off as extremely aggressive towards another member just because they have a view that you don’t seem to agree with. All I’m saying is...calm down a little. There’s no reason we can’t all have a valid discussion without seeming to come off too strong.
After DmC you would expect something similar from them but they made just another Souls-like clone. They made Dad of Boi before Dad of Boi, lol. So I can understand his frustration. The problem with NT is that they take themselves too seriously and think that complex stylish combat system is less important than a good story. It was a good experince to work with japanese developers and they didn't learn anything from it. I tried to defend them on the internet but I realised they are snobs who try to prove their games are art.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
After DmC you would expect something similar from them but they made just another Souls-like clone. They made Dad of Boi before Dad of Boi, lol. So I can understand his frustration. The problem with NT is that they take themselves too seriously and think that complex stylish combat system is less important than a good story. It was a good experince to work with japanese developers and they didn't learn anything from it. I tried to defend them on the internet but I realised they are snobs who try to prove their games are art.

why is it so wrong to you when a developer wanted to explore?

although realistically i could understand why they went with hellblade, the backlash, effects and leftovers from their experience with DmC certainly left some bad reputation for them..

thus doing an 'artistic' game would probably heal that.. you may think they're snobs and not worth defending afterall, but it worked for them, hellblade was noticed along with NT, they got awards, the studio have new fans along with old fans they got from DmC.

they certainly took something from DmC, overall quality of hellblade is their best yet, and the jump for their game quality is significant after they did DmC, it doesn't necessarily have to be the gameplay.

don't know what future may hold for them with microsoft, but like a member here said, i could expect something like DmC, more since i don't recall microsoft ever had that genre..

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Here's the funny thing, if DMC5 is REALLY successful then DmC2 is fair game because it cleary means that western looking DMC game is still profitable. DmC could potentially keep getting sequels parallel to the DMC series or they should just go full MCU and make DmC Dante and DMC dante crossover universes.

Anton Clemens

why is it so wrong to you when a developer wanted to explore?

although realistically i could understand why they went with hellblade, the backlash, effects and leftovers from their experience with DmC certainly left some bad reputation for them..

thus doing an 'artistic' game would probably heal that.. you may think they're snobs and not worth defending afterall, but it worked for them, hellblade was noticed along with NT, they got awards, the studio have new fans along with old fans they got from DmC.

they certainly took something from DmC, overall quality of hellblade is their best yet, and the jump for their game quality is significant after they did DmC, it doesn't necessarily have to be the gameplay.

don't know what future may hold for them with microsoft, but like a member here said, i could expect something like DmC, more since i don't recall microsoft ever had that genre..
The guys from NT are such killjoys. They were asked to make a cool character and they made Dante so bland. And I still can't finish Hellblade even with all praises for its ending. I wish NT could make their next game fun and over the top, well not like Bayonetta, but something close to it. I can tell for sure they are a long way from perfection, because good stories can be not only sad and gritty.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
small reminder: NT is owned by Msoft now. making new DmC would be for capcom to be locked behind exclusivity wall, which I don't think they'll do.
Not really. Capcom owns the DmC: Devil May Cry trademark.

The only thing that Microsoft owns through Ninja Theory is the staff, and their own in-house IP's, like Heavenly Sword, and Hellblade.

Top Bottom