• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

so..

Goldsickle

Then why did they add lock on in the DE?
What did they merge? They removed trickster moves.
The addition of lock-on in DE has no bearings on the Evade maneuver, since it can still be activated without lock-on, just like Dash.
Evade is basically this game's Dash.
The function is the same, where you dodge enemies with invincibility frames.
The only difference is the animation.

Whats the point of DmC?
I dunno, ask the developers and creators.

So there is no double dash.
Yeah, so is Triple Dash, Sword Pierce, Wild Stomp, Ultimate, Zodiac & Point Blank.
I missed some of these moves when they're absent in DMC4 but I don't go around implying that the game is bad because of a few absent moves.
Doing so is what makes you anal.

So the more you post about this, the more you're proving my point about your analness.

You havent shown any substitute that is decent.
Because you're playing dumb, actively ignoring them and pretending not to see them.
This is the kind of stuff trolls and losers do.

Angel Lift is what I consider a good replacement for Air Trick.
Air Trick's range is too short, while Angel Lift has a longer reach.
Furthermore, Angel Lift keeps enemies still for a split second as you reel yourself in and there are two more additional moves if you time your button press right.

Evade is a replacement for both Dash and Roll.
This move also has a warp variation and a version that increases your damage temporarily.
Evade can be done in air once and is separate than an air dash.
The aerial Evade gives you invincibility frames while remaining still.

Angel Boost substitutes Sky Star.
Sky Star only allows a short burst of speed, while holding down the buttons during Angel Boost allows you to glide for longer gap-covering.
For a second dash, there's Caliber.

I'll only mention these one last time.
If you play dumb again about me "not showing decent substitutes", I'll point you back to this post.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Whats the point of DmC?
To Capcom, the sales for new Devil May Cry games (3 > 4), prompted the reboot. The point of the reboot is to entice more sales. They thought, by modernizing, and making a more realistic DMC would serve their marketing efforts (What efforts, Capcom!? You don't do any marketing!)

Combined between DMC3 and DMC3SE, it sold 2.3 Million. DMC4? 3 Million. DMC4 is the best selling title in the franchise, but for some reason Capcom feels the reception for DMC4 was received poorly. It was fine, the problem wasn't the graphics. I'm sure players wanted to play as Dante. And it didn't help when the game felt a tad bit off, and a tad bit short.

When you look at the market for Resident Evil, which sold handsomely well for Capcom even in down years - To date, Resident Evil as a franchise, sold 84 Million units worldwide. The question Capcom asks themselves is "How do we enlarge the DMC market?" Well, in my opinion, keep the sequels coming, stupid. But Capcom had other ideas...

Last edited:

ShiningTempest

Evade is a replacement for both Dash and Roll.
You have no proof for this.
Evade is basically this game's Dash.
Evade is the doge roll.
Dash does not exist.
Dash has been removed.
For a second dash, there's Caliber.
Caliber exists in DMC4 as well.
The aerial Evade gives you invincibility frames while remaining still.
Wrong. Donte moves.
Sky Star only allows a short burst of speed, while holding down the buttons during Angel Boost allows you to glide for longer gap-covering.
DT'd Triple jump+double sky star covers more(?) distance.(Im not sure, as both games dont have a distance gauge that measures this)
Yeah, so is Triple Dash, Sword Pierce, Wild Stomp, Ultimate, Zodiac & Point Blank.
Hence DMC4 is worse than DMC3 combat wise.
Air Trick's range is too short, while Angel Lift has a longer reach.
Double trick exists.
Furthermore, Angel Lift keeps enemies still for a split second as you reel yourself in and there are two more additional moves if you time your button press right
You can Lucifer from air trick and then JC to keep the combo going, you also need timed button press for that.

Because you're playing dumb, actively ignoring them and pretending not to see them.
Show me where I ignored anything.

The function is the same
So every process that has the same functional ending can be replaced with any processes regardless of the schematic of the process.
Do you agree or disagree?

Goldsickle

You have no proof for this.
How do I even "prove" this?
Evade's function is the same as Roll and Dash combined.
That should be evidence enough.

It's as I said, Evade functions the same as Dash, only the animation is different.
Dash exists as Evade in this game.

Caliber exists in DMC4 as well.
So? I'm merely pointing out Caliber as an alternative to a second air dash in this game.

Wrong. Donte moves.
He back-flips in place.
You have to perform Evade in mid-air without tilting any direction.

DT'd Triple jump+double sky star covers more(?) distance.(Im not sure, as both games dont have a distance gauge that measures this)
There are some large gaps in DmC that requires you to glide to reach them.
A double Sky Star wouldn't cut it.

Hence DMC4 is worse than DMC3 combat wise.
Is that what you really believe?
You don't need a wide arsenal of moves for a game to be enjoyable.
I find Nero more fun with his Devil Bringer moves, even if he has only one sword, one gun and no separate mode changes.

Double trick exists.
Requires DT to be active, meaning you won't be able to utilize it as often as Angel Lift.
Plus, even performing double Air Tricks still wouldn't reach as far as Angel Lift's maximum range.

You can Lucifer from air trick and then JC to keep the combo going, you also need timed button press for that.
Enemies can be in the middle of an attack while you're doing Splash.
I'm not just talking about enemies you just launched in the air but enemies on the ground or flying ones who can attack while airborne.

Show me where I ignored anything.
Anytime I have to repeat myself.
You can read, so look them up yourself.

regardless of the schematic of the process.
That is how it has always been. It's not something you can "disagree" with.

For example, Meteor has always been a Devil Trigger-exclusive move.
But in DMC3, the equivalent, Zodiac is something you can perform anytime with Sword Master Style.

Fireworks started out as a dial-up combo in DMC2.
It was changed into a Gunslinger move that can be done anytime with a press of the Style button.
Similarly, Twosome Time and Rain Storm was also switch to be Gunslinger-exclusive.

In DMC3, Beast Uppercut and Rising Dragon are regular moves.
But in DMC4, they were switched to be Sword Master-exclusive.

Even before DmC existed, the developers have always been changing the schemes and certain functions of the moves.
Whether they're "better" or not is a case-by-case basis, like how some people didn't like Trick Down being Devil Trigger-only in DMC4:SE.

ShiningTempest

How do I even "prove" this?
Evade's function is the same as Roll and Dash combined.
That should be evidence enough.

It's as I said, Evade functions the same as Dash, only the animation is different.
Dash exists as Evade in this game.
Exactly. You cant prove this because what you claim is false.
Dash does not exist. YOU cant dash in this game.
Requires DT to be active, meaning you won't be able to utilize it as often as Angel Lift.
Use super character.
Plus, even performing double Air Tricks still wouldn't reach as far as Angel Lift's maximum range.
Thats interesting. I guess if you add calibur to Dante then he could be able to do it.
Enemies can be in the middle of an attack while you're doing Splash.enemies on the ground or flying ones who can attack while airborne
Switch to RG and guard.
But in DMC3, the equivalent, Zodiac is something you can perform anytime with Sword Master Style.

Fireworks started out as a dial-up combo in DMC2.
It was changed into a Gunslinger move that can be done anytime with a press of the Style button.
Similarly, Twosome Time and Rain Storm was also switch to be Gunslinger-exclusive.

In DMC3, Beast Uppercut and Rising Dragon are regular moves.
But in DMC4, they were switched to be Sword Master-exclusive.

Yeah the inclusion of the style modifier added a whole new layer of mechanic to the combat.
Hence DMC3 is still regarded as the best in the series, even though mechanics wise DMC4 is superior.
The idea behind the change in skill execution was to cram as much combos into one loadout as much as possible.

This is getting nowhere as you will keep saying that since dash has a 'replacement' nothing was lost.
At least you did not throw a tantrum like the rest of the DmC people.
We will obviously get back to this after DMC5 is released and everyone does frame to frame comparisons with 4 and DmC.

Last edited:

Goldsickle

You cant prove this because
Read the rest of my reply. Dodge is this game's Dash and Roll combined.
This is an example of you ignoring an explanation.
You should try to explain why Dodge isn't the same as Dash/Roll.

Use super character.
What if someone played the game from scratch or doesn't want the score penalty?
And as explained, Angel Lift has a longer reach than if you try to use two Sky Stars or two Air Tricks.
It's more functional if it's not DT-exclusive.

Switch to RG and guard.
Sounds easy, doesn't always work.
Block isn't something you can always do in the middle of a move.
But we're straying from what we're discussing.
I explained that Angel Lift is a good replacement for Air Trick.
Now you gotta explain to me why it isn't.

This is getting nowhere as you will keep saying that since dash has a 'replacement' nothing was lost.
You're pestering me for "evidence" and "proof" but nowhere do I see you trying to "prove" why my examples aren't good replacements/substitute.
I explained factors like how Sky Star or Air Trick are too short but I don't see you doing the same.
Maybe you should play DmC so you can see for yourself?
I played all the games, so I can quickly come up with comparisons.

Top Bottom