• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So whatever happened TGS DmC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Most likely. They had only 100 people and had to focus on not spending so much that it wouldn't make a profit (which it did). Still wish for a better-looking Eryx though (and Vergil having his own hand-to-hand) moveset as well.

aoshi

There's a difference between you insulting peoples' intelligence and me telling you you're acting like a dickbag. Semantics, really. I didn't say you were a dickbag, I said you were acting like one, just the same as you were acting childish and rude. you could do well to stop acting like any of those things, because it's not earning you any brownie points.

Cool your jets.

Whatever.

I suggest you try convincing the other side as well. Somehow you only find me guilty and that's BS.

If i am really childish, Like i suggested before, try the report option.

Anyways, I will give it a rest, unless i get another response.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
In Evil Dead 2013, Mia calls herself looking like "Road Kill".
That my friend is called a "figure of speech" now google that and leave this thread.

>You obviously don't have a clue of english language.
Now this is VERY IRONIC.. and amusing.
>That's some f#cked up analogy, Verbal argument = sexual assault.
You're actually taking that figure of speech literally ? XD HA HA HA OMG and you were saying that i didn't have a better understanding of English literature ? lol
>Yup, It was you. Which is why the mod stepped in to stop name-calling.
I didn't say you were an illiterate, I said you were acting like one and i believe @angel stepped in because of this post
"May be your mother would be interested in it. Its evident why people like you think TGS dante is more badass cuz you think a rape = badass".
I never brought your mother in this argument or accused you of being a rapist it was clearly you !:/
>You have zero clue of what your subject of the thread is
I believe it is related to "TGS DmC Trailer 2010 " A.K.A "DmC BETA VERSION" correct me if i'm wrong.
>You basically ask why TGS dante model is not in final game
Now look above and say again who doesn't have a clue about this thread ?? That's right You !
>That is a fan-art. And its jus a concept and not a 3-d model.
There are no vergil TGS screens so WTF do you want ? the fan-art is possibility the closest you'll ever get to see a gritty version of DmC vergil.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I remember back before Eryx was announced, and Dante did just have Stomp as this bare-handed dropping move. He used it a lot in older demos.

I like Eryx as a heated metal that curls around his forearms, but I would have liked them to not have just been the perpetually closed fists. I like how they created the phantom fists on charged moves though. Phantom elements that supplement the regular attacks are always cool - like Warrior of Light's EX Mode in Dissidia giving him a bunch of phantom swords that add more hits to his melee attacks.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
The video uploader is making fun of "how easy it is to get points" in DmC, shown here in Chaos Legion where Seig is ordering his bowgun legions to just shoot, and he's gaining hundreds of thousands of EXP.
Oh.. i see yeah it always bugged me on how your style meter didn't just drain until you were hit i guess they dumbed that down for more casual gamers.

IMO i wish that DmC2 totally adapts the craziness of Bayonetta letting you interact with everything around you and maybe even use styles based on that like trickster.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Oh.. i see yeah it always bugged me on how your style meter didn't just drain until you were hit i guess they dumbed that down for more casual gamers.

I had actually asked in a Q&A about the specifics of the Style Ranking system and how it was changed. The gist of it was since they took out Taunts for narrative reasons, they were also taking out the mechanic that allowed you to boost Style without attacking. So, they made it so DmC's Style Ranking retained it's current grade (but with no progress held) to make up for it. Without the Taunts to boost Style, the Style retention also helped to prevent less savvy players from running headlong into danger just in an attempt to keep their Style grade up themselves.

All in all, it was a combination of making up for the loss of the passive boost from Taunts, and to prevent reckless aggression.

IMO i totally wish that DmC2 totally adapts the craziness of Bayonetta letting you interact with everything around you and maybe even use styles based on that.

Could be cool, but having a style based on environmental interaction might be difficult. It could work rather well with interactivity between the different Ophion styles though, so you have both Pull and Lift versions of interactivity with different set pieces.

aoshi

That my friend is called a "figure of speech" now google that and leave this thread.

You're actually taking that figure of speech literally ?

Yeah right, You whinge and bitch this whole thread over literal meaning of 'wasted' only to defend yourself of being figurative. I know and understand figurative sense. May be you should try too.

What a waste of forum space and time.

aoshi

Funny thing about that - you were using the figure of speech "wasted" incorrectly, because you were using it to describe a character's cuts and bruises.

Really?????? When did i say 'bruises' made him look wasted???? Jus quote me, damn it.

I was implying his health condition and not jus cuts and bruises.It was a bit literal and a bit figurative. You know you use anything to your advantage and simply jus deny the other side. Which you do in any DMC vs DmC debate.

Can't win an argument????Let's play victims.

What a crock?????LOL.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Ah, yeah. Not the cuts and bruises, but his physique? Apologies.

Still wrong though, as malnutrition =/= "wasted" in any sense. Neither does any psychological disorder that 2010 Dante may have exuded.

You really were just using the figure of speech wrong the whole time. "Wasted" means drunk/high on alcohol/drugs, and Dante was none of those things.

Which you do in any DMC vs DmC debate..

You wanna play that f#cking game with me again? The same one you started in that thread in the DMC4 forum where you claimed that I never give the classics an inch and that I love God of War. The one that you never bothered to respond to, where I posted setting the record straight?

aoshi

You really were just using the figure of speech wrong the whole time. "Wasted" means drunk/high on alcohol/drugs, and

No. Wasted also means a result of nothing productive. Like in that Lindsay lohan example, It says "Lindsay lohan is wasted and so is her life". No one can be high on alcohol and drugs for life and implied that her life is becoming less than productive.

Dante was none of those things.

In the intro of DmC, Dante does get himself high and engages in a 3-some.

Dude, You simply use anything to your advantage. Go on and defend that dante was totally sane and blah blah blah.

You wanna play that f#cking game with me again? The same one you started in that thread in the DMC4 forum where you claimed that I never give the classics an inch and that I love God of War. The one that you never bothered to respond to, where I posted setting the record straight?

Oh yeah, The great internet logic, Reply=win. I don't buy anything you say.....LOL.

The whole commotion is uncalled for since my point was dante's model in TGS would not suffice for a vergil model. I even explained it isn't as pejorative as 'roadkill'. Not really my problem if someone confines everything to literal use and then defends of being figurative.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
No. Wasted also means a result of nothing productive. Like in that Lindsay lohan example, It says "Lindsay lohan is wasted and so is her life". No one can be high on alcohol and drugs for life and implied that her life is becoming less than productive.

A life can be wasted. A person can be wasted. Yes. These are true, but you were trying to attribute the term to someone who was not at all. Methinks you're just not understanding the wording they used, "Lindsay Lohan is wasted (she looks high), and so is her life (lost potential)," and then you're using for weak understanding in the discussion.

TGS2010 Dante carried neither of those qualities.

In the intro of DmC, Dante does get himself high and engages in a 3-some.

And...him getting sloshed and sleeping with women means...what? Are you trying to say that because 2013 Dante got drunk in the intro that somehow that translates to 2010 Dante? Because there's no correlation there...in no way was 2010 Dante ever "wasted."

Dude, You simply use anything to your advantage. Go on and defend that dante was totally sane and blah blah blah.

What the hell does that even mean? You say something wrong, I'm gonna correct it. If that's me "using [something] to my advantage," then shucks; guilty as charged. Lock me up, throw away the key, and tell momma to bake a nail file into the cake when she comes for a visit.

Oh yeah, The great internet logic, Reply=win. I don't buy anything you say.....LOL.

Hokay, kiddo. Then please, tear down my reply, show me how wrong I am. Show me and the rest of the world that you know my love for the DMC franchise better than I. Challenge my knowledge of the entire franchise I learned so much about because I love it so.

It would seem by your logic if I like DmC, then I know nothing of the classics, nor do I have anything nice to say about them. That logic, however, would be incredibly flawed.

aoshi

A life can be wasted. A person can be wasted. Yes. These are true, but you were trying to attribute the term to someone who was not at all. Methinks you're just not understanding the wording they used, "Lindsay Lohan is wasted (she looks high), and so is her life (lost potential)," and then you're using for weak understanding in the discussion.

Sorry, seems you don't have a better understanding in this whole debate where my point was TGS dante model cannot be used for a vergil model for the characters we have in the final game. You're jus whinging over 'wasted' reference which defines look of nothing productive. That picture looks behind bars. Oh wow, he should be so productive and yet is behind bars.

And...him getting sloshed and sleeping with women means...what? Are you trying to say that because 2013 Dante got drunk in the intro that somehow that translates to 2010 Dante? Because there's no correlation there...in no way was 2010 Dante ever "wasted."

Trailer of 2010 and the game of 2013 are for the same game DmC. I don't understand how 2010 is different from 2013 since both are for the same game (DmC). Jus stop wasting my time.

What the hell does that even mean? You say something wrong, I'm gonna correct it. If that's me "using [something] to my advantage," then shucks; guilty as charged. Lock me up, throw away the key, and tell momma to bake a nail file into the cake when she comes for a visit.
Because you are ignoring my whole point of using TGS dante model for vergil model in the final game.Yet, all you do is whinge over the 'wasted' reference.

Hokay, kiddo. Then please, tear down my reply, show me how wrong I am.

I have proved you wrong in this very discussion that TGS dante model cannot be used for a vergil model in final game. You disagree and give a lot of compromises. Only to finally whinge over the 'wasted' reference.

Show me and the rest of the world that you know my love for the DMC franchise better than I. Challenge my knowledge of the entire franchise I learned so much about because I love it so.

It would seem by your logic if I like DmC, then I know nothing of the classics, nor do I have anything nice to say about them. That logic, however, would be incredibly flawed.

No really my problem. I was subjective on discussions where you generalized since DMC 4 had a bad ending , you said all DMC games are fairly bad at ending which was incorrect since DMC 3 ending was brutally honest in sending vergil to demon world jus so to make the connection to DMC 1.

In fact, you wanted to quit other sections of the forum(besides DmC) since you can't handle a heated debate. Please jus stick your ego up anyone else's face and spare me your BS.

Why don't you first try raising a genuine report of me being very rude everytime(As you claim) instead of jus spamming threads with name-calling.

And the defense, "I said you look like D!ckbag". And wat exactly looks like a D!ckbag???? A beautiful unicorn. And the defense to that would be 'figure of speech'. Name-calling in itself is childish.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
You know, I'm getting really sick of you two and your bullshit. Take it to PM, ignore each other, fight IRL, I don't give a ****! Just stop cluttering up the forum with this childishness.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Sorry, seems you don't have a better understanding in this whole debate where my point was TGS dante model cannot be used for a vergil model for the characters we have in the final game. You're jus whinging over 'wasted' reference which defines look of nothing productive. That picture looks behind bars. Oh wow, he should be so productive and yet is behind bars.

Wait, what do you mean by that...? "TGS dante model cannot be used for a vergil model for the characters we have in the final game." Is that what you meant this whole time...? Using the old 2010 Dante model for the final 2013 Vergil? If so, then **** bro, we've had a huge misunderstanding, and our wires got crossed way back.

If you're saying what I think you're saying, of course they can't, because the 2010 Dante model was simply a placeholder until they had an actor to model Dante's final face after, and the 2010 Dante model comes from a concept that was slightly different in its execution.

Trailer of 2010 and the game of 2013 are for the same game DmC. I don't understand how 2010 is different from 2013 since both are for the same game (DmC). Jus stop wasting my time.

The trailer and game had slightly different visions, as evidenced by the changes made between the two :/ 2010 Dante was a much darker and grittier idea, while the final 2013 iteration is marginally less so, The 2010 trailer was a display of a bunch of concepts at the time, and that was all subject to changed - some of it even did, from cosmetic stuff like the design of his coat and pants to personality quirks like his smoking habit.

Because you are ignoring my whole point of using TGS dante model for vergil model in the final game.Yet, all you do is whinge over the 'wasted' reference.

I told you very plainly in the beginning that it'd be quite easy to do so. You're the one who went off with this whole wasted thing, and myself and a handful of people were trying to figure out what the heck you meant, because no one really says someone looks wasted if they aren't talking about them being drunk or high.

You using that Lindsay Lohan thing helps me to understand where you were coming from when you said it like that, but I still think you're misinterpreting it. To me, I look more at the definitions of "wasted" in the two different contexts in which it was used, and they work in slightly different than each other. "Lindsay Lohan is wasted, and so is her life," becomes "Lindsay Lohan is [completely drunk]," but wasted in its second definition in context for "and so is her life" has nothing to do with a lack of sobriety, and means "wasted potential" or that "her life is going nowhere."

I can understand, now, what you're getting at, but no one says "he looks wasted" and means "he looks like his life is going no where." That's why everyone was so confused by your turn of phrase there. Everyone probably thought you meant "he looks drunk" or something.

I have proved you wrong in this very discussion that TGS dante model cannot be used for a vergil model in final game. You disagree and give a lot of compromises. Only to finally whinge over the 'wasted' reference.

No you didn't, because it would have been entirely easy to do so. If they had kept the original 2010 design for Dante, they would have just taken Dante's model and then touched it up with a look of affluent clothing and a healthy diet - exactly what they did it in DmC with the final models. And once again I didn't compromise anything, aside from mentioning making Vergil look more well-fed because you made such a big deal about it that.

No really my problem. I was subjective on discussions where you generalized since DMC 4 had a bad ending , you said all DMC games are fairly bad at ending which was incorrect since DMC 3 ending was brutally honest in sending vergil to demon world jus so to make the connection to DMC 1.

So I make one opinion regarding how most of the series ends iffy to me (sans DMC3, since it's the exception in a lot of ways) and suddenly I'm not the big ol' fan I've been for years...gotcha.

In fact, you wanted to quit other sections of the forum(besides DmC) since you can't handle a heated debate. Please jus stick your ego up anyone else's face and spare me your BS.

O______________o I never "quit" any section. I just never go to them, because I always felt there's nothing more that I could say about them that hasn't already been said here - I didn't want to necrobump threads or bug people with possibly tired discussions. I started on this li'l DmC forum (didn't even make an introduction post). Hell, it's the whole reason why I popped into that DMC4 thread, to get out from the DmC forum more and see if there's anything to talk about.

I can clearly handle a heated debate, but you jumped down my throat in that thread for stating my opinion, and made a handful of false assumptions about my love for the franchise. It seems to me that you think I hate the classic series and only jumped into that thread to sh!t on DMC4, when in fact earlier in that same thread I was giving some totally sound input on the topic in favor of DMC4.

Then there's still your random jab about how I'd like God of War more than DMC...which just...totally confounds me.

Why don't you first try raising a genuine report of me being very rude everytime(As you claim) instead of jus spamming threads with name-calling.

Done.

And the defense, "I said you look like D!ckbag". And wat exactly looks like a D!ckbag???? A beautiful unicorn. And the defense to that would be 'figure of speech'. Name-calling in itself is childish.

Oh, I totally agree, it is childish. I may have stooped to your level a bit by saying you're acting like a dickbag (douchebag, d!ck, jerk, call it what you will), but it's the truth - you're just acting like a rude and childish jerk in these discussions when you attack peoples' integrity, reading skills, and just generally not adding to the discussion with your "lawlz too funny" responses and childish taunting. You could try being the better man for once and stop acting like that.

And yeah, I could totally take my own advice. The irony is not lost on me. The thing is, I usually do. I keep it as civil as possible in discussions until the other party starts pulling it all down in the dirt. I just have little qualms about getting dirty while keeping the discussion going or getting it back on track.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
you don't even understand a simple figure of speech i rest my case,you're one party thread spoiler please leave.
jim-carrey-troll-face-abandon-thread-TDuxgt.gif

>Trailer of 2010 and the game of 2013 are for the same game DmC. I don't understand how 2010 is different from 2013 since both are for the same game (DmC)

You're a member since freaking 2006 and you know NOTHING about beta games ? Why on the heck are you even wasting everyone's time when you have no understanding of this topic ?? best example of that would be resident evil 4 beta.

Or heck do you even know the fact that DMC only exists because it was scrapped in the RE4 beta process and made into DMC ? you still think TGS DmC and 2012 DmC are the same game ? Then you really need a history lesson on beta games.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I claim this thread in the name of Genki
!!!!!!!!
images

All in all, it was a combination of making up for the loss of the passive boost from Taunts, and to prevent reckless aggression.
heck they should just bring taunts back or remove the style ranking completely because without the pulsating style meter i think it takes out a bit of motivation to just keep going :D
Could be cool, but having a style based on environmental interaction might be difficult.
I mean it can't be that hard all they need to do is make the environments destructible like how in RE6 you could just bash zombie in walls that was just awesome XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom