• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So whatever happened TGS DmC ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Just look at Assassins Creed 3 and you can see how much better the game feels over Assassins Creed 2.
IMO if really sucks too many glitches the game felt so rushed and halfassed. only if there wasn't a crap ton of milking in-between AC2&3 we might have actually had a quality game to play.
Where the hell did the car tossing mechanic go?
I thought it was just an animation.. was it really a gameplay move ?? that would've been awesome.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
As much as I would have liked the car-throwing, it wasn't really ever advertised as an actual feature :(

It probably got dropped for fear of people complaining too much about having a non-Stylish way to kill enemies. People gripe enough at being able to toss demons into holes and other environmental hazards.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
*shrug* Makes it too easy.

I agree, but I like that they exist. More options, lots of fun to be had.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Stage kills are great for speed runs.

And how in the hell is tossing cars not stylish? The only problem i could see is the frame rate dropping from so much destruction.

and also, Dante uses some sort of staff in the trailer, when he impales the demon and switches to Arbiter

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
*shrug* If it's easy, it's apparently not considered Stylish :p Lots of work has to be put into how it's done.

The staff thinger had a grip that looked a lot like Arbiters, but it may have been the preliminary version of Osiris, methinks.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
And how in the hell is tossing cars not stylish? The only problem i could see is the frame rate dropping from so much destruction.
I find the idea of just destroying everything around very groundbreaking i've never played a game Since Black where you could just destroy everything.

killzonepillar3.gif
I mean think about it slamming enemies onto walls would've been freaking awesome like dbz or something like that.

Dante47

I remember seeing the concepts of intuitive gun play being implemented in a similar way to the trailers. That would have been amazing, finally giving the gunplay some depth. Sadly, it seemed like everything had been halted and all new ideas scrapped to better appeal to the Devil May Cry 3 crowd.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I find the idea of just destroying everything around very groundbreaking i've never played a game Since Black where you could just destroy everything.

killzonepillar3.gif
I mean think about it slamming enemies onto walls would've been freaking awesome like dbz or something like that.

Uhhh...

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
I'm going to regret this... Here's the debut trailer, which was probably intended to present early ideas for DmC: Devil May Cry. I mean, why the hell do developers make trailers anyway? I'm going to analyze it bit by bit in terms of combat.

Right after 0:53, when Dante slams the Stygian down, Dante starts doing combos, yes, combos with Ebony & Ivory. In the final game, you could only shoot with E&I along with Ricoshot, Rainstorm, and Inverse Rainstorm. Also, Dante flips over a Stygian and shoots during this maneuver. So, maybe Ninja Theory and Capcom intended for E&I along with other firearms to be able to transcend the typical shoot-only and special moves to something akin to Bayonetta along with a more flashier form of evasion.

During 1:04, Dante is seen running and performing an early version of Angel Boost, except much more destructive since it probably involved sonic booms or something that could shatter glass. Also, no angel, air, or energy trails.

Right after Angel Boosting, at 1:06, Dante performs Stomp without Eryx, which was probably still in development at the time so it seems like Dante is just fighting unarmed. Like the final version, Stomp is a dropping, fist-slam with an area of effect. Right after that, starting with Dante jumping into the air at 1:08, Dante starts a combo using his fists and feet with the finishing kick sending the Stygian away from him - early version of Kicker, perhaps. So maybe Eryx was supposed to be a full set of gauntlets and greaves, which would have been awesome since past DMC games and DmC had gauntlet and greaves weapons with little to no aerial moves aside from slams, falling kicks, and Stomp moves. This could have marked a time when such a weapon had a more aerial-friendly moveset.

After finishing his aerial beat-down, Dante impales a Stygian with some sort of pole-arm. I think it's either a lance or spear, but wallenb believes it might be a staff. This might be an early version of Osiris. The Spear of Longinus or the Holy Lance is considered a heavenly tool, that and angels are usually depicted using spears or lances. So maybe Osiris was supposed to be Longinus. Anyway, after impaling the demon, Dante lifts it over his head and drives it to the ground. We know that in the final version, Ophion allows Dante to grab enemies and objects to him or pull him towards it. Maybe the developers intended for DmC to have a grapple system and that the scene during 0:44 was another grapple move. Or it's a reverse Rake where instead of pulling enemies up, Dante slams enemies down.

Right after Dante drives the impaled Stygian down, Dante uses an ax at 1:14, probably the Arbiter, to finish off another enemy. The move he uses with the ax looks exactly like the finishing move of the Arbiter's Judgement combo.

Immediately right after, at 1:15, Dante performs a move that suspiciously resembles Rebellion's finishing move from Hacker. You can get a glimpse of the weapon in question at 1:26 before Dante switches to the grapple; Ophion in early development.

Speaking of Ophion, in the final game, Dante used Ophion for a variety of things including pulling cars, which is what 1:27 shows except the car is used to kill demons. So, maybe Ophion could have been used for more than just pull enemies, pull Dante to enemies, or Kicker and Payoff.

Right after the infamous "My name is Dante" bit, Dante performs Angel Boost again at 1:38 while using the building to get a kick-start.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Prototype doesn't even come close the total destruction.

its not like you could destroy every building in sight now could you ?

Very close. And in total destruction, you could use melee weapons as bats. But then Prototype is still pretty awesome

aoshi

Isn't that the whole point of your stupid argument constantly calling TGS 2010 dante wasted ?? over and over ? when he clearly is not dizzy or disoriented and is just covered with grit.

Its funny , you always take a pejorative sense of 'wasted' when you clearly can't quote that i said "bruised"="Wasted".

"Road kill" is a term used to define look of drug overdose. The literal meaning of Road Kill is,

roadkill

Web definitions
the dead body of an animal that has been killed on a road by a vehicle; "vultures usually feed on carrion or roadkill".
There is no way a person could look like a dead animal on the road but is a pejorative definition of look of drug overdose.
Somehow, You cling onto literal definition of "wasted" and keep accusing me of not using it properly.
My reference was a bit literal and a bit figurative. That dante's body seemed weak due to alcohol or any other reason and also a result of something that is less productive in more ways than jus alcohol.
Also, The fight club reference also implied a 'wasted' look. Its about an insomniac who couldn't find himself doing anything better , ends up hurting himself, only to realize in the end , he was hallucinating the whole time. Yes, Bruises were real but were a result of nothing productive.
It's not my problem that you don't have a broader understanding of terms and confine everything to literal use.

Did you not have enough nap time at play school or something?

Why don't you try passing Kindergarten since you can't debate without name-calling.

Again, I can't help laughing but you keep responding to only say "I don't care".(The great internet logic,reply=win).

You have been least reasonable and haven't contributed anything on how can this TGS look will do justice to vergil look in the final game or is even compatible to a vergil model.

In deed, a waste of time.

But you can continue spamming your own thread with name-calling.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
you clearly can't quote that i said "bruised"="Wasted"
I don't need to that's what your stupid argument is about 2010 TGS dante looks "Wasted" when in literal definition he's just bruised and covered with grit.
> "Road kill" is a term used to define look of drug overdose.
wow when did you make that up ?
> you can't debate without name-calling.
I did ? where ? i don't remember accusing someone of being a rapist that was clearly you
> vergil look in the final game or is even compatible to a vergil model.
I don't need to ! this thread is about TGS DmC trailer and there was no Vergil in the trailer so he's out of the question.

And someone already has posted this.
behave__boys____tease_by_sae85-d306hl7.jpg

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Or simply invoke the mighty ignore button.
I would second this, but in my humble opinion, at least a few people out there need to call the pure-bloods out on their horseshit.

At least, when you guys aren't around.

omg, im using a label. im so evil.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah. I feel the ignore button is nice, but...there are some things that it's worse to ignore it. For me, people spreading misinformation and creating falsities from incorrect assumptions or knowledge is something that I can't just ignore.

DmC and its fans have a hard enough time as it is without people spreading misinformation :/

Then...I also just can't ignore someone who makes up new definitions for words to prove a point, but that's just the writer in me >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom