• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So games with the "P*" slapped on it is considered good by default?

Zato-OW

King
I would have liked his personality more if it took place directly after DMC3 rather than before DMC2 and after DMC1 where i would expect him to be more mature than that.
But DMC4 is 10 years after DMC3 and 1 year after DMC1 and a few months after the DMC Anime. So he's just a more mature version of DMC3 Dante. You can see teenage tendencies in DMC3 Dante but DMC4 is more of an adult but at the same time they are still the same, one is just more mature. Dante is just a very high spirited and outgoing person.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
But DMC4 Dante's personality is due to his plot in DMC4... Look at his story and characterization in DMC3 and do the same in DMC4. Dante's story in DMC4 was nothing but filler while Nero's was suppose to be the "lead". You can't blame his character in 4 for being the way it was because he had no real emotional attachments at all in DMC4 that was in any real danger but in DMC3 he had a mixture of it all because the plot allowed it which lead to Dante having a mixture of emotions and character depth. You cannot blame his character for being "bad" in DMC4 because DMC4 was nothing but a filler story because originally Dante wasn't going to have a playable story in DMC4 because Nero was suppose to be the main lead in that game but people complained about it thus changes were made which lead to DMC4 being redone and rushed.

So I never really understood why people say DMC4 Dante's character is bad but never look at the horrible filler story he had to play that didn't allow him to portray any character except the loud mouth cocky version.

Then may I refer you to my thoughts on DMC4 and its terrible Dante here
http://devilmaycry.org/community/threads/does-anyone-hate-this-dante.12322/page-2

and my thoughts of the story as a whole
http://devilmaycry.org/community/th...ght-about-the-original-being-anime-ish.14004/

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
But DMC4 is 10 years after DMC3 and 1 year after DMC1 and a few months after the DMC Anime. So he's just a more mature version of DMC3 Dante. You can see teenage tendencies in DMC3 Dante but DMC4 is more of an adult but at the same time they are still the same, one is just more mature. Dante is just a very high spirited and outgoing person.

Than why was he so much more goofy and over the top as he was in DMC1 and DMC anime?

And what happened to him in DMC2 to make him lose all the goofyness?

I still think it would have worked better if it took place after DMC3 but before DMC1 where he is still younger and more carefree.

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
Is wrong to say Dante had no emotional conections in DMC4 at all. I mean, what about Nero and his whole "reincarnation of vergil/sparda/something", and Yamato reacting and submitting to him like it never did to dante, and dante even giving the sword to him?

EvilX-81

But DMC4 Dante's personality is due to his plot in DMC4... Look at his story and characterization in DMC3 and do the same in DMC4. Dante's story in DMC4 was nothing but filler while Nero's was suppose to be the "lead". You can't blame his character in 4 for being the way it was because he had no real emotional attachments at all in DMC4 that was in any real danger but in DMC3 he had a mixture of it all because the plot allowed it which lead to Dante having a mixture of emotions and character depth. You cannot blame his character for being "bad" in DMC4 because DMC4 was nothing but a filler story because originally Dante wasn't going to have a playable story in DMC4 because Nero was suppose to be the main lead in that game but people complained about it thus changes were made which lead to DMC4 being redone and rushed.

So I never really understood why people say DMC4 Dante's character is bad but never look at the horrible filler story he had to play that didn't allow him to portray any character except the loud mouth cocky version.

All the same, I don't think that meant Dante couldn't have had something that put some pressure on him so he could go beyond casual mode like The Savior.

Zato-OW

King
Than why was he so much more goofy and over the top as he was in DMC1 and DMC anime?

And what happened to him in DMC2 to make him lose all the goofyness?

I still think it would have worked better if it took place after DMC3 but before DMC1 where he is still younger and more carefree.
DMC1 was written by a different story writer. DMC3/4 was written by Bingo(If I recall). This is why we see different Dante's. DMC3 and DMC4 Dante super cocky personality remains similar because they are the most recent written versions of the game series. DMC3/1 Dante are the closest because their plot allows them to show the different characters Dante possesses. DMC2 if I recall is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar in the future, I think its stated in the "DMC Story" that Dante in DMC2 has fully fledged his life into following his fathers foot steps while the current Dante's(DMC1/4) are still doing their own thing but at the same time staying true to his fathers path. I really can't tell you what Capcom was thinking with the Anime, it wasn't like DMC at all.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
DMC1 was written by a different story writer. DMC3/4 was written by Bingo(If I recall). This is why we see different Dante's. .

Yes I know ALL of that, but I'm trying to make sense out of it from a STORY standpoint rather than a development gamepoint.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I liked DMC4 Dante its just he never took anything serious it was basically him ignoring demons killing innocent civilians to go and **** around. Heck the demons Alto and Bianco angels did a better job protecting people

EvilX-81

I liked DMC4 Dante its just he never took anything serious it was basically him ignoring demons killing innocent civilians to go and **** around. Heck the demons Alto and Bianco angels did a better job protecting people

^
This. Liked DMC4 Dante too, just wanted to see him get serious.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I usually view a developer as a way to gauge the kind of product I'm in for. I look at Platinum Games, and I only really liked about half of their stuff; Vanquish and Mad World. I could not get into Anarchy Reigns, despite my acknowledgment of it being an awesome 3D brawler, and I tried thrice to get into Bayonetta only to come to the conclusion that Kamiya is sometimes just a ****ing idiot and all of his ideas aren't great. I shook my head upon reading his definition of Witch Time being "Witch Time is like Bullet Time, but for witches, and it's sexy," and I could not see Bayo in that "parody of sexualization" that they wanted to depict :/

I'm excited for Metal Gear Rising because I'm a huge Metal Gear and Raiden fan, and I love good action games. I cared very little that Platinum was attached to the game, aside from knowing that the action will be tight. I couldn't give two sh*ts if MGR outsells DmC or not. I love DmC and I'll probably love MGR as well, both on their own merits, and not for the companies attached to their development.

Railazel

I tried thrice to get into Bayonetta only to come to the conclusion that Kamiya is sometimes just a ******* idiot and all of his ideas aren't great.

I kind of like his style. He's always over- the- top and none of his work ever really makes sense.

I'm excited for Metal Gear Rising because I'm a huge Metal Gear and Raiden fan, and I love good action games. I cared very little that Platinum was attached to the game, aside from knowing that the action will tight. I couldn't give two sh*ts if MGR outsells DmC or not. I love DmC and I'll probably love MGR as well, both on their own merits, and not for the companies attached to their development.

Thank you, Lord! Someone with some sense!

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
DMC1 was written by a different story writer. DMC3/4 was written by Bingo(If I recall). This is why we see different Dante's. DMC3 and DMC4 Dante super cocky personality remains similar because they are the most recent written versions of the game series. DMC3/1 Dante are the closest because their plot allows them to show the different characters Dante possesses. DMC2 if I recall is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar in the future, I think its stated in the "DMC Story" that Dante in DMC2 has fully fledged his life into following his fathers foot steps while the current Dante's(DMC1/4) are still doing their own thing but at the same time staying true to his fathers path. I really can't tell you what Capcom was thinking with the Anime, it wasn't like DMC at all.
I hated that anime so much, it was soooo boring and I don't know why they decided to give Dante that annoying kid/sidekick. It barely even had action and portrayed Trish and Lady as two money hungry, useless harpies looking to take advantage of Dante. The overall plot of that anime is probably the worst thing relating to DMC, even worse than the DMC2 and DMC4 storylines...maybe, or at least close

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I kind of like his style. He's always over- the- top and none of his work ever really makes sense.

I dunno, sometimes nonsense is really just nonsense :s And a lot of the "over-the-top" that he's accredited with isn't even him, it's U'den Flameworks. U'den is responsible for all the awesome choreography in DMC3, 4, and Bayonetta. Knowing this, I can sorta tell the difference in what's Kamiya's and what's not >.<

But, oh well.

Thank you, Lord! Someone with some sense!

Praise be to Jeebus.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I hated that anime so much, it was soooo boring and I don't know why they decided to give Dante that annoying kid/sidekick. It barely even had action and portrayed Trish and Lady as two money hungry, useless harpies looking to take advantage of Dante. The overall plot of that anime is probably the worst thing relating to DMC, even worse than the DMC2 and DMC4 storylines...maybe, or at least close
But Modeus was cool right? Even though he died in the same exact episode he first appeared in.
images

Classy

Top Bottom