• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So games with the "P*" slapped on it is considered good by default?

GF9000000Returns

Yeah...I just now noticed that. People in general consider games made from Platinum good by default, no matter how bad they are, while games made from Ninja Theory are considered bad by them. They worshiped Bayonetta like a DMC successor and soon will be worshiping Metal Gear Rising as one too. That got me thinking this, does anyone REALLY care if Rising outsells DmC. I don't...anymore, I used to though.

See? That made me love Ninja Theory a lot more cuz they're an underrated company, I mean look at Enslaved!

Zato-OW

King
I don't agree with that. Bayonetta was an amazing game but Anarchy Reign was nothing special. NT's games are not really good at all. The games they made was only known because of the story aspect for the most part but the game play was trash in both from what I remember. DmC is the only good game they have made. Vanquish was a really good game as well by P.Games. The problem with P.games is that Sega screws their games over because they barley market games made from them for Sega which is a shame.

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
I take that "general public" in your post means "small niche action game hardcore audience who are huge fans of Kamiya, who they worship so greatly, who turned on Capcom for DmC and sided with Platinum just because Kamiya founded it and because they found some sort of flagship in it they could use to antagonize Capcom and NT", becuase I'm sure the actual general public hardly even knows Platinum and most of those who happen to like their games don't really thank hard about the developer.

GF9000000Returns

I don't agree with that. Bayonetta was an amazing game but Anarchy Reign was nothing special. NT's games are not really good at all. The games they made was only known because of the story aspect for the most part but the game play was trash in both from what I remember. DmC is the only good game they have made. Vanquish was a really good game as well. The problem with P.games is that Sega screws their games over because they barley market games made from them for Sega which is a shame.

Heh! Good. I was just about to say that Anarchy Reigns broke that line. And I got a question, what was so bad about Enslaved?

meanwhile at Ninja Theory
'Kay, I admit, that was the only game I didn't like from them, but Enslaved was awesome!

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
So far, I just think Platinum makes better games than NT.

I would definitely place Bayonetta over Enslaved for example.

Whether I would place Metal Gear Rising over DmC remains to be seen however.

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
So far, I just think Platinum makes better games than NT.

I would definitely place Bayonetta over Enslaved for example.

Whether I would place Metal Gear Rising over DmC remains to be seen however.

Both have the same problem, tho: they're not exactly very good at sales.

In terms of game quality, yes, I'd agree Platinum is overall superior. And at least Platinum knows its audience: NT doesn't really seem to know who are they aiming for.

Dominus

P* is hit or miss for me. I liked the idea of an online brawler but AR's character designs and demo really put me off that.. Vanquish best TPS this genre, Mad World = mediocre brawler and sucked for being a spritual successor to God Hand. MGR is wait and see how the higher difficulties play out.

EvilX-81

I take that "general public" in your post means "small niche action game hardcore audience who are huge fans of Kamiya, who they worship so greatly, who turned on Capcom for DmC and sided with Platinum just because Kamiya founded it and because they found some sort of flagship in it they could use to antagonize Capcom and NT", becuase I'm sure the actual general public hardly even knows Platinum and most of those who happen to like their games don't really thank hard about the developer.

^
All of this. I mean, I like me some P*, and I think they've proven themselves great developers, but this fanboyism to the point that some try to shove their games down other's throats in an attempt to keep people from buying DmC particularly (yes I've had experience with that,) is just irksome. If MGR wasn't there, they would've probably been pushing Anarchy Reigns instead, just off of blind hate.

Zato-OW

King
Its funny because DmC Dante is closer to Kamiya's original vision for Dante than DMC4 Dante.

DMC3 Dante had some elements of Kamiya's Dante but by DMC4, he was just a clown, which was never what Kamiya thought Dante was.
But DMC4 Dante's personality is due to his plot in DMC4... Look at his story and characterization in DMC3 and do the same in DMC4. Dante's story in DMC4 was nothing but filler while Nero's was suppose to be the "lead". You can't blame his character in 4 for being the way it was because he had no real emotional attachments at all in DMC4 that was in any real danger but in DMC3 he had a mixture of it all because the plot allowed it which lead to Dante having a mixture of emotions and character depth. You cannot blame his character for being "bad" in DMC4 because DMC4 was nothing but a filler story because originally Dante wasn't going to have a playable story in DMC4 because Nero was suppose to be the main lead in that game but people complained about it thus changes were made which lead to DMC4 being redone and rushed.

So I never really understood why people say DMC4 Dante's character is bad but never look at the horrible filler story he had to play that didn't allow him to portray any character except the loud mouth cocky version.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
It can sometimes seem like it's that way. I remember how so many of the so called die hard dmc fans who bitched about it becoming multiplatform were screaming that Bayonetta was the true DMC4 for some reason, now so many seem to hold DMC4 to this high, high standard when 5 years ago it was the false God to Bayonetta's awesomeness. I also think the whole DmC crap has built up this over the top vitriol for all things NT.

Now of course Platinum has some truly great games and if you look at the time when they were Clover Studio's you can see even more excellent games that no one bothered to buy. It annoys me sometimes with the seemingly blind love they get when most of their games are far from perfect, Okami in my opinion being the only one to be truly 10/10 excellent beyond compare. And the new found idolization of Kamiya that some people have taken up

NT is a lot like Platinum though, they both seem to make great games that usually have 4/5 things going for it and both seem to be usually ignored by the public at large. It's a shame that the DmC thing has let people overlook this. I really liked enslaved, my only issue was the dull combat which left me very cautious of DmC at the time, and the fact that it was too short. The visuals, and story and the rest of the gameplay was stunning and it's a shame it will never get it's due.

GF9000000Returns

^
All of this. I mean, I like me some P*, and I think they've proven themselves great developers, but this fanboyism to the point that some try to shove their games down other's throats in an attempt to keep people from buying DmC particularly (yes I've had experience with that,) is just irksome. If MGR wasn't there, they would've probably been pushing Anarchy Reigns instead, just off of blind hate.

Hell yeah! I could imagine this, people were worshiping AR and when the reviews came, all hell broke loose.

A few weeks ago when I was about to get my copy of DmC before work, I couple of fat (or big) boys were badgering me over it. They were pointing at the MGR poster saying "you see this, that's the game you should've waited for".

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
So I never really understood why people say DMC4 Dante's character is bad but never look at the horrible filler story he had to play that didn't allow him to portray any character except the loud mouth cocky version.

I would have liked his personality more if it took place directly after DMC3 rather than before DMC2 and after DMC1 where i would expect him to be more mature than that.

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
Well, the games from Platinum I've played so far are pretty much awesome. That's not saying much though, since I only remember Vanquish (now that was something), and Okami/God Hand if you count Clover studios.

But that's more than Ninja Theory has for itself. Enslaved? Never heard of it before DmC, and never played Heavenly Sword, since people kept treating it as a God of War clone with bad combat or something along these lines.

MGR looks REALLY promising, I've never quite seen a Hack n' Slash that plays like it before. People say it feels like Bayonetta, but I've never played Bayonetta before.
But nothing AT ALL in MGR looks or feels like any DMC before, so being a Platinum title is the only reason people keep comparing the two.

EvilX-81

A few weeks ago when I was about to get my copy of DmC before work, I couple of fat (or big) boys were badgering me over it. They were pointing at the MGR poster saying "you see this, that's the game you should've waited for".

........................................................................................................................................... Wow. Just....... wow.

Top Bottom