• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Shouldn't we DMC fans be grateful about DmC instead of acting like it was something unwanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Well yeah, but reboot was not rushed like 4 was
It doesn't matter if it was rushed or not the story was going to be a piece of sh!t anyway with nero being a whiny obnoxious brat and dante relapsing back to his DMC 3's retard personality.
>and even then the gameplay isn't worthy of great praise.
I can say the SAME thing for DmC and you'll roll your eyes.
Plus majority of fans are not pleased with it.
You don't speak for the "Majority of the fans"

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Yo Lionheart. I just need to take a break from here...

EDIT:
However, that break would be only for a short while.

And you called me a good sport and unbiased?
That compliment actually makes me happy! And DMCGamer1989 is right! I should only heed to my own personal experiences, especially on what I feel on this franchise right now! :D

I shall cry manly tears now! :D
447px-Manlytears3.jpg

IncarnatedDemon

It doesn't matter if it was rushed or not the story was going to be a piece of sh!t anyway with nero being a whiny obnoxious brat and dante relapsing back to his DMC 3's retard personality.
>and even then the gameplay isn't worthy of great praise.
I can say the SAME thing for DmC and you'll roll your eyes.
Story is not the problem of dmc4. Whats the problem is the gameplay.
Because remember... dmc's essence /dna/core is the gameplay.
And it being rushed matters, this is fact, i am not making it up. It's scientifically proven that if you rush something, most likely you will end up with a less quality result.

So yes...it does matter. MGR development by Platinum Games was a fast one. And after the project Kojima said "Yeah we gave them a tight schedule, to be honest it was pretty tough".
And PG developer said "Next time, if we make a MGR sequel, hope Kojima gives us more time so we can show what we are good at."

Your right though, i don't speak for majority of fans. But that's not what i did either.
I simply compared the sales of reboot (1.1M) to sales of dmc4 (2.6M).
That's a decrease of 1.6M
And everyone knows 1.6M is bigger number than 1.1M.

You can also take a look at Metacritic user reviews:
www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/dmc-devil-may-cry
www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/dmc-devil-may-cry
www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dmc-devil-may-cry
Low scores.

While dmc4 has much higher score:
www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/devil-may-cry-4
www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/devil-may-cry-4
www.metacritic.com/game/pc/devil-may-cry-4

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
It doesn't matter if it was rushed or not the story was going to be a piece of sh!t anyway with nero being a whiny obnoxious brat I can say the SAME thing for DmC and you'll roll your eyes.
Please shut up, I didn't want to have to say this.

But noone gives a flying **** about your opinion when you share it like this.

You want us to like DmC more than the original series? Well too bad. We don't. Go cry yourself a river.

You think DMC 4 was bad? No one cares. Cry yourself a river.

You think DMC4 Dante was immature and retarded? I feel the same about DmC Dante. Cry yourself a river.

You are not making any decent points. You're just saying "HURR DURR MY GAME IS BETTER!"

And before you whine about how I worded this.
You CLEARLY do not respect our opinions, So why the flying cockamamy **** should we respect yours?

But if you want my opinion on the thread. The "as if it was something unwanted" part is hilarious. Because it WAS something unwanted. Need I remind you of the initial backlash to almost every trailer shown. TGS 2010 alone caused more controversy then gay marriage

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Please shut up, I didn't want to have to say this.
Oh hai there mr pony lover ! got no milk ? i love me some milk !
ClockworkOrange_Alex.jpg.CROP.rectangle3-large.jpg
(i know you just want to lock this thread NOT GONNA HAPPEN !)
Story is not the problem of dmc4. Whats the problem is the gameplay.
No the story&characters are the No1 problem of DMC4.. and some mediocre level designing like backtracking and generic,uninspired environments.

>Because remember... dmc's essence /dna/core is the gameplay.
Yeah true.. but you see Gameplay is like food and story,characters and level designing is like seasoning it just spices up things.. and DMC 4 clearly doesn't have that "spice" DMC 1&DMC 3 had.
>It's scientifically proven that if you rush something, most likely you will end up with a less quality result.
Well the ideas behind DMC 4's isn't good enough anyway whether delayed or not nero will still be a whiny angsty teen anyway and the story inevitably had someone stealing Sparda's power's again.

That preset premise is still lame rushed or not.
>I simply compared the sales of reboot (1.1M) to sales of dmc4 (2.6M).
MY GOD will you please stop with these scores ?? i don't care about them whatsoever.
>You can also take a look at Metacritic user reviews:
Its a known fact that mediacritic users are spammers with double accounts
>People can't demand that all games have ONE consistent story
Are you kidding me ? that doesn't justify why an inconsistent story is more favorable than a total reboot if you play DMC 1-4 you feel like these games have NOTHING in common except for the gameplay part.
> If they want to make every game have a new plot, that's their business
Except they are interconnected to each other very poorly.. each game isn't a standalone stories of different characters every game centers around dante and his demon hunting stuff that's not a "new plot" that's just a highly inconsistent plot.
>but I think I was saying it's too late to reboot it
That's the most bizarre thing i've ever heard Reboots are done because "they were too late"
> I won't accept that and won't buy DmC or other DmCs
Geez stop acting like a jilted lover !

DMC's story was ruined completely and you have no legit argument against that so why not accept the reboot ?

I just don't get it and going as far to say that "I won't even try DmC" is a little too extreme.
> it can take place in the year 3000 for all I care
DMC anime&DMC 4 already take place between DMC 2 how much of a time stretch can they do until DMC 2 ? i don't know and i honestly don't care at this point.
>If that's the only reason for it, then they would've stopped after DMC2 or maybe after DMC3
They did stop after DMC 4 so better late then never i guess ?

> And is anybody interested in a story of Dante vs Vergil that's possibly only slightly different than in the DMCs?
Yes i am ! for one the character dynamics are wayy better than DMC 3's awfully cliched script and the fight would mean much more because you'd actually care about why they're fighting.
>Proof that the series should have ended after DMC2, not DMC4?
Yes DMC 2 takes place wayy after DMC 4 accept it or not.
> If that was a mistake, they shouldn't have made that mistake. Simple
Its like saying don't make a double post -_- and many people agree with my opinion that Nero sucks ass :p
> DMC2 wasn't even made by the people who made DMC1
How does that relate to DMC 4 being an interquel ? it doesn't matter who made them its still in the same canon.
>This is how good stories work
Sorry your opinion.. in my opinion good stories don't recycle plot points more than once.
>DMC1 showed Dante having a flashback to the time when he and Vergil were young, chasing each other and whatnot, as if that was the last time they saw each other. That was when he was 28, ten years after DMC3. That's a continuity error, like it or not
Wrong.. just because dante recalls him&vergil as kids doesn't mean it was the Last time he met him it just means that it was his most fond memories with vergil.
> I know they weren't interested in rebooting it
You don't "Know" you're just assuming that they weren't wheres its understandable on why they did it DMC 3&4 are not "Sequels"
> please do close this thread - it's run its course anyway
you're free to leave but please don't close my thread just because you're sick of the topic. i'm keeping this civil and on-topic as possible.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
......how can you ask someone to like a game while taking a s&*t on another?.
I'm not "Sh!tting on the game" i'm merely citing the FACT that DMC 4's story was poor and the reboot was not "Unwanted" and people acting like DMC series had a fine coherent story which didn't need to be touched upon is just completely B.S.

its funny how a legit criticism can warrant you the title of being a hater of something i still have so much to learn about this weird human nature of labeling people.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot

I love how you ignored virtually everything my post said

That's what he did with some of my posts, too, so I'd rather ignore him.

Anyway, some parts of these opinions are simply wrong, and they can be proven (and sometimes have been) proven to be wrong. For example, some changes are bad and some are good; change is not always a good or neutral thing. Prove it, and this happens (and it's not even the original poster who responded -_-). The fact that it's been said that this thread won't be allowed to be closed (however humorous it may be intended) is enough for me to leave it. Not that I totally agree with your post, though - it's just that I'm getting sick and tired of this disguising things as other things. This is hate towards DMC4, mostly, not an argument for being grateful for DmC: ''Well the ideas behind DMC 4's isn't good enough anyway whether delayed or not nero will still be a whiny angsty teen anyway'' as a response to >It's scientifically proven that if you rush something, most likely you will end up with a less quality result.
That's not even an objectively true argument; it's all based on personal emotions, and you shouldn't start an entire debate with emotions alone. I thought Nero wasn't that terrible, but that's just another opinion. The point was also that DMC4 was rushed and isn't even an incredible amount much worse than DmC, which says a lot. So unless they know how to make the next DmC better, we've just ended up with a game that's no better than the previous DMCs.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
...I love how you ignored virtually everything my post said
A post full of personal flaming ?? nothing really interesting you know ?
That's what he did with some of my posts
Exactly you are correct that is why i replied to almost everything you said.

>so I'd rather ignore him.
Tch tch.. you're so full of contradictions you just said "i'd rather ignore him" him and then you discuss about my previous posts.. make up your mind !
>opinions are simply wrong
"Opinions" cannot be wrong.. that's why its an opinion

IncarnatedDemon

I think your critism is good Rockman. dmc4 story is poor and should been better.
But that same could be said about reboot's story. And reboot's story, though better than dmc4's, is not a gem.
It's like generic damsel in distress plot with generic villains AND TrollDante vs pretentious "Oh i am so hurt" story mixed with "Illuminati!! OMG ".

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I'm not "Sh!tting on the game" i'm merely citing the FACT that DMC 4's story was poor and 1 the reboot was not "Unwanted" and 2 people acting like DMC series had a fine coherent story which didn't need to be touched upon is just completely B.S.

1 Some people obviously did find it unwanted, otherwise where the heck did all the hate come from? Just because it wasn't unwanted to you, doesn't mean it wasn't unwanted to others. I totally get where you're coming from, though.

2 Nobody said that. I do know that I said the DMCs didn't have a consistent story, and that everybody knew that. I also said that that was acceptable, because they had not planned for the DMCs to have one consistent story, and they had not planned to reboot the series. If they did plan to, they should've done that after DMC2, or even DMC1. In my opinion, it's incredibly lame to do that after no less than four games, in which the overall atmosphere and characters of DMC were established, and lifetime fans were made. It's even lamer to recycle Vergil and Mundus instead of simply doing something new.

Anyway, the point is, everybody has an opinion, and opinions are not always based on facts. Emotions can't be said to be wrong or right, unless they're based on faulty logic.

its funny how a legit criticism can warrant you the title of being a hater of something i still have so much to learn about this weird human nature of labeling people.

I'm not sure anyone has called you a hater in this thread. Besides, nobody is ignoring that criticism. DMC4 didn't have a good plot or a good romance story. We all know that, so why keep repeating it? If this is another case of not being able to get over past experiences with certain a-holes, I'm sorry, but we've got to get over these things at some point. No offense intended.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
A post full of personal flaming ?? nothing really interesting you know ?
Exactly you are correct that is why i replied to almost everything you said.

>so I'd rather ignore him.
Tch tch.. you're so full of contradictions you just said "i'd rather ignore him" him and then you discuss about my previous posts.. make up your mind !

I only ignore you if you're acting unnecessarily rude or are trying to push your own opinions through. Besides, talking about your posts to somebody else qualifies as ignoring you by not talking to you. Again, no offense. I really like some of your views.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium

Who here called you a "hater"?

No where in my post did I mention anything about being a hater, nor did I deny the fact that the original series did have its share of messes.

And I don't recall labeling you either, only made a statement that you where taking a s&*t on DMC4 which means that you have been harshly criticizing it for the majority of the topic while asking others to be more tolerate and acceptable towards DmC which strikes me as weird considering your not being all that tolerate towards the people who may have actually liked DMC4.

Your the one putting words in others mouths and only seeing what you WANT to see out of a posts.

Your being far to hostile here dude, didn't Angel tell you to dial it back?

IncarnatedDemon

True its not a gem but hey ! progress is done bit by bit.
Not interested in seeing Trish being rebooted by a company led by a guy who called Trish a prostitute.

Have you binned all the character archetypes from earlier DMCs? Dare we say it, the massive tits?
If it's true that the average console gamer is over 30 - which I totally believe - then you can't use those cheap tricks to titillate people into wanting to buy your game. I've nothing against big tits - I'd rather have my head resting on a pair right now - but if you're going to try and stimulate someone on different levels, there's better ways to do it. If you look at the stars in movies, the women people find really attractive are often not the ones with the biggest tits. You've got to be attractive on a different level.
We did that in Enslaved with Trip. People loved her, not because she had big breasts and high heels, but because she felt like someone who could be your girlfriend. That to me is more attractive than a prostitute walking around with a big gun. Not to demean prostitutes - it's a valid form of commerce.
^ The context of the question is Devil May cry females. Notice the three red, they describe Trish.
I am not saying Trish isn't what Tameem says he is.
But that was ONLY in dmc4. In dmc1 Trish was much more than what Tameem calls a prostitute.

So it's really arrogant and ignorant to go on about how his company made a character thats so successful, when Trish portrayal is only like that in 4.
And why would he used the word "prostitute".

I dont want this guy to make dmc games.
He is such a foul mouthed applehole.
Ill say itagain, the question asked by interviewer was in context to dmc. And Tameem seemed to have seen Trish in dmc4 and made a ignorant statement.

Just like when he talked about how Dante would be laughed out if he walked into a bar in real life when Dante is a video game character. Plus it's highly debateable if he would get laughed out or not.
No dammit, cosplayers arent Dante.
They look weird, even if they have six pack. Dante if he existed would have natural white hair that didnt look like a wig. His body would look natural.
He would look better. And i highly doubt majority would laugh at Dante if he walked into a bar. The guy's in great shape and white natural hair is pretty unique.

This picture gives you a idea of how Dante would look like if he existed, does he look like a joke to you? Or do you think he looks pretty normal to cool? (Ignore the rose, its typical dmc4 reference):
dante_by_Reed260290.png

See how Dante's hair looks so nice? And it fits his head just fine? See how Dante's face fits his hair?
A cosplayer can't be Dante, they can try looking like him.
Even the best cosplayers aren't 100% good representation of Dante.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
Not interested in seeing Trish being rebooted by a company led by a guy who called Trish a prostitute.

^ The context of the question is Devil May cry females. Notice the three red, they describe Trish.
I am not saying Trish isn't what Tameem says he is.
But that was ONLY in dmc4. In dmc1 Trish was much more than what Tameem calls a prostitute.

So it's really arrogant and ignorant to go on about how his company made a character thats so successful, when Trish portrayal is only like that in 4.
And why would he used the word "prostitute".

I dont want this guy to make dmc games.
He is such a foul mouthed applehole.
Ill say itagain, the question asked by interviewer was in context to dmc. And Tameem seemed to have seen Trish in dmc4 and made a ignorant statement.

Just like when he talked about how Dante would be laughed out if he walked into a bar in real life when Dante is a video game character. Plus it's highly debateable if he would get laughed out or not.
No dammit, cosplayers arent Dante.
They look weird, even if they have six pack. Dante if he existed would have natural white hair that didnt look like a wig. His body would look natural.
He would look better. And i highly doubt majority would laugh at Dante if he walked into a bar. The guy's in great shape and white natural hair is pretty unique.

This picture gives you a idea of how Dante would look like if he existed, does he look like a joke to you? Or do you think he looks pretty normal to cool? (Ignore the rose, its typical dmc4 reference):
dante_by_Reed260290.png

See how Dante's hair looks so nice? And it fits his head just fine? See how Dante's face fits his hair?
A cosplayer can't be Dante, they can try looking like him.
Even the best cosplayers aren't 100% good representation of Dante.
...*saves the pic* :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom