• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Shouldn't we DMC fans be grateful about DmC instead of acting like it was something unwanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IncarnatedDemon

Oh wait what's that ? a combo video justifies the bad story ?

good change .Yes people do... many members on this forum don't like DMC 4's ****ty story and horribly written characters.

And how much a game sells shows jacksh!t about how fans feel.
No, i simply showed a combo video that shows that dmc4 is worthy of praise. And for a project that was cut short, it delivered decent gameplay.

You are right that sales don't say jacksh!t about how pleased fans are abouit dmc4.

But it certainly indicates that fans are pleased to a degree, other wise 2.6M sales would never happened.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
. And for a project that was cut short, it delivered decent gameplay.
So did DmC why can't fans just like it ? just because it doesn't continue the highly inconsistent/convoluted of original games ?
(bolded).

>How did DMC4 ''jumble up the mess'' when it simply had a new plot, as every DMC game has had
You're saying as if its an acceptable norm for DMC games to have disoriented story arcs
>The series had been inconsistent up to DMC3, so I don't see why DMC4 would suddenly tip the scales.

So you're saying its perfectly acceptable to continue this messy storyline rather then rebooting it for a clean start ? that's a no brainier if you ask me.
>Not necessarily; it could be a new plot again, or one that tells of how Nero becomes like a modern-day Sparda
Again when does it take place after DMC 2 ?? see that's the deal you can't escape the plot of DMC 2 no matter what.
> why they decided to stop making DMC games is a mystery to me
It can't be any more OBVIOUS the storyline is a jumbled mess.. they don't want to deal with DMC 2..the end for DMC series.

In fact why they made DMC 4 is a mystery to me because they were never bold enough to correct DMC 2's problems anyway.
>But if they don't have any ideas left like I argued two lines above this one, how will they continue the new series (DmC)?
The story of DMC 1-4 is a mess they don't want to and can't fix it simple reboot is an easyfix for the story
>They haven't acknowledged DMC2 as a Devil May Cry game
dmc-hd-collection-menu-screenshot-1.jpg

If you look closely you'll see there is a DMC 2 logo in the middle that's an offical confirmation that DMC 2 is a part of the series.
>I think what they need to do is make one last DMC game that goes on with Nero and ends his story
I don't CARE about Nero he can go die in hell DMC was always about Dante and ended with Dante.
>Nobody really cares about what happens in DMC2, anyway; it's like a side story.
Are you kidding me ? DMC 4 WAS A SIDE STORY ! it was an interquel not a sequel.
> That way, DMC does come full circle: a new Sparda has arisen, perhaps new twin demons will be born, and Sparda's legacy will continue
No offense but that sounds like a horrible fanfic.
>It's just that DMC needs to bring some closure
here you go
now can we move on with DmC ?

>considering Vergil was suddenly alive even though he had been missing since he was eight
He also returns in the novel as gilver and that's not a continuity error by a long shot.. the way the game changes protagonists and personalities with every game is the real inconsistency.

>But Capcom has never seemed interested in rebooting the series for the sake of creating a consistent story that goes from point A to B without detours
You're a capcom employee ?? you know what they were interested in and what they weren't ?? i'm pretty sure someone in the capcom HQ would've said "Fu*k it ! just reboot the damn thing!"

>most if not all of them can be fixed
You're welcome to find a way to fix DMC 2's storyline. with DMC 4's.

IncarnatedDemon

So did DmC why can't fans just like it ? just because it doesn't continue the highly inconsistent/convoluted of original games ?
Well yeah, but reboot was not rushed like 4 was, and even then the gameplay isn't worthy of great praise. Plus majority of fans are not pleased with it.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I thought we ended this **** back in Febuary

Really?... REALLY!?

You want us to like the new DmC? Yet here you are saying the original DMC had a bad story?

Also, I love how you say DmC is a reboot of the original story.

To put it bluntly, no it isn't

It's a reboot of the franchise with a story completely unrelated to the original one.

And before you call me a butthurt fanboy. No where in this post did I "insult" DmC.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot

>How did DMC4 ''jumble up the mess'' when it simply had a new plot, as every DMC game has had
You're saying as if its an acceptable norm for DMC games to have disoriented story arcs

If it was Capcom's intent to give each DMC a different plot, then yes, it is acceptable. People can't demand that all games have ONE consistent story. If they want to make every game have a new plot, that's their business. Should I just go hate on MGS V because it most likely won't expand the story of the previous MGSes, or add anything meaningful to it? No.

>The series had been inconsistent up to DMC3, so I don't see why DMC4 would suddenly tip the scales.

So you're saying its perfectly acceptable to continue this messy storyline rather then rebooting it for a clean start ? that's a no brainier if you ask me.

That was not what we were discussing. We were discussing that DMC4 killed the series, which I don't believe is true for one second.
Anyway, It's been a while since I posted that, but I think I was saying it's too late to reboot it. There have been four games that at least established the world of DMC, its characters and much more. If they want to throw that all away and restart the series, fine, but I won't accept that and won't buy DmC or other DmCs. You don't make up for past mistakes by doing good deeds in the present. You can't shove somebody off a cliff and invite him to tea if he survives.

>Not necessarily; it could be a new plot again, or one that tells of how Nero becomes like a modern-day Sparda
Again when does it take place after DMC 2 ?? see that's the deal you can't escape the plot of DMC 2 no matter what.

Again, Capcom (or at least the makers of DMC) do not acknowledge that DMC2 is part of the series. Heck, it can take place in the year 3000 for all I care. After the business with Nero? Sure, why not.

> why they decided to stop making DMC games is a mystery to me
It can't be any more OBVIOUS the storyline is a jumbled mess.. they don't want to deal with DMC 2..the end for DMC series.

If that's the only reason for it, then they would've stopped after DMC2 or maybe after DMC3.

>But if they don't have any ideas left like I argued two lines above this one, how will they continue the new series (DmC)?
The story of DMC 1-4 is a mess they don't want to and can't fix it simple reboot is an easyfix for the story

But they just added Mundus and Vergil again. Are they going to make the same mistake as before? And is anybody interested in a story of Dante vs Vergil that's possibly only slightly different than in the DMCs? It's like reheating something that you just dropped in dishwater.

>They haven't acknowledged DMC2 as a Devil May Cry game
If you look closely you'll see there is a DMC 2 logo in the middle that's an offical confirmation that DMC 2 is a part of the series.

Yes, I noticed that, as I have played the HD Edition.
And yet, they said they don't acknowledge it. And even if they do, then what? Proof that the series should have ended after DMC2, not DMC4?

>I think what they need to do is make one last DMC game that goes on with Nero and ends his story
I don't CARE about Nero he can go die in hell DMC was always about Dante and ended with Dante.

Well, nobody cares that you think he can go die. When they made Nero, it became about him (and Dante, for a part). If that was a mistake, they shouldn't have made that mistake. Simple.

>Nobody really cares about what happens in DMC2, anyway; it's like a side story.
Are you kidding me ? DMC 4 WAS A SIDE STORY ! it was an interquel not a sequel.

They both are, if the creators had their way. DMC2 wasn't even made by the people who made DMC1. End of discussion.

> That way, DMC does come full circle: a new Sparda has arisen, perhaps new twin demons will be born, and Sparda's legacy will continue
No offense but that sounds like a horrible fanfic.

I didn't ask for your opinion. This is how good stories work. There is a beginning, a middle part, and a conclusion. In the case of people following in Sparda's footsteps, this would at least be a very satisfying ending.
If you don't have anything to say that's not hurtful, then don't respond. Anyway, it's got to be better than that awful dialog script of DmC: 'I will rip out his heart... etc etc' And Vergil explaining the history of Sparda and stuff... sounded like he was reading from a terrible book. No offense intended, just criticism toward the game.

>considering Vergil was suddenly alive even though he had been missing since he was eight
He also returns in the novel as gilver and that's not a continuity error by a long shot.. the way the game changes protagonists and personalities with every game is the real inconsistency.

I don't go by what any novel might say. Gilver does not exist in the games. DMC1 showed Dante having a flashback to the time when he and Vergil were young, chasing each other and whatnot, as if that was the last time they saw each other. That was when he was 28, ten years after DMC3. That's a continuity error, like it or not.

>But Capcom has never seemed interested in rebooting the series for the sake of creating a consistent story that goes from point A to B without detours
You're a capcom employee ?? you know what they were interested in and what they weren't ?? i'm pretty sure someone in the capcom HQ would've said "Fu*k it ! just reboot the damn thing!"

Seriously? I know they weren't interested in rebooting it (at least not at first) because they made two games after DMC2, both not really expanding the overall story, or rebooting it.

>most if not all of them can be fixed
You're welcome to find a way to fix DMC 2's storyline. with DMC 4's.

Who knows, maybe I'll create a thread about it. But I doubt anyone would have anything good to say about it, just like you don't like Nero and feel the need to express that in every thread. Besides, it's not my job to fix Capcom's problems; they should be able to do that themselves. I won't go into this further, because I don't want to risk a flame war. At some point, somebody will react too emotionally.

mrrandomlulz

You know. These DmC vs DMC threads aren't the same without CoolDemon and ReRave

EDIT: And I miss Tony_Redgrave having to teach all of us to stop acting like 3 year olds. And I miss how Angel used to goof around with us.

mrrandomlulz

And just to finish off this thread.

What's the point?

Opinions are opinions.
They're like butts.
Everyone has one and they all stink

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Yes, can some admin please just lock this thread, because I can almost hear a storm brewing. You can 'facepalm' over a game being Japanese in humor and style, but that's not an actual argument against anything, just an opinion. I'm not going to respond to overly emotional responses. In the end, you can't tell people how to feel about things. Nobody 'should be' anything, and nobody has exactly the same opinion. The end. Now can we go on with more useful threads?

IncarnatedDemon

Everyone go to "Best dmc scene".

and nominate a scene from dmc.

Time is ticking so i'll be making the thread where everyone can vote on what scene this community's active members think is the best one in dmc based on nominations.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Well yeah, but reboot was not rushed like 4 was, and even then the gameplay isn't worthy of great praise. Plus majority of fans are not pleased with it.

Imagine being at a restaurant and ordering some food, the person comes out and gives you our plate with only half of your order actually cooked and edible. Even if the chef said he was in a rush, is that an excuse for still serving you your order only half cooked?

For one, where's the source that the game was rushed? Two, that doesn't change the fact it was still a lazy game that disappointed a lot of people and it's fine if you like it. It's not hard to see or understand why a lot of people don't. You can't blame them.

I think as fans of something we like we shouldn't make excuses for the bad things the series does but, call it out. DMC 4 is not something that deserves defending. It was a major let down. If the developers thought it was ok to keep making a lazy piece of crap like DMC 4 then they'd do it all the time and this series would just be garbage.

I don't know about you but, I love Devil May Cry. I want some good games for a franchise I enjoy.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Imagine being at a restaurant and ordering some food, the person comes out and gives you our plate with only half of your order actually cooked and edible. Even if the chef said he was in a rush, is that an excuse for still serving you your order only half cooked?

For one, where's the source that the game was rushed? Two, that doesn't change the fact it was still a lazy game that disappointed a lot of people and it's fine if you like it. It's not hard to see or understand why a lot of people don't. You can't blame them.

I don't think he was defending DMC4. I think what he meant was that DMC4 had a lot of potential, and that had it not been rushed, it would be as good as, say, DMC3 (beating DmC). But then, I'm not part of this conversation, so I might be wrong.
Anyway, DMC4 having a mediocre plot, a disappointing romance story and a lot of backtracking doesn't make it a crappy game by default. Should they have done a better job at making DMC4? Definitely. And I do agree with you that this sort of thing shouldn't be defended. As for the topic, I stand by what I said in my previous post; please do close this thread - it's run its course anyway.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
(1) What if a game were objectively worse than the games before it? If it were a bad reboot?
Sorry, but your view on this matter doesn't make sense to me if you apply it to the case in (1) that sentence. Some change is good, some change is fine, some change is bad, and we have to deal with that.
I saw a top comment here:
and when everything actually stayed the same: "they suck. they're running out of ideas. it's just the same stuff as before"

And that comment is a counter against those against change!
Whether it's a change or no change... I don't care anymore! :mad:

I personally would want good games, I wouldn't just go ''oh well, I won't play it, then''. People have the right to voice how they feel about certain things. Some things are just objectively worse than things that came before it (or after it, doesn't matter which). I won't be the one to accept that by being indifferent about it and 'buying it anyway'. I literally can't afford to buy everything in sight. Nor would I want to support one thing over the other if that thing is worse.

I'm not saying I should buy everything for the sake of collection! Just buy what you like; that's it...!

We should all have a good understanding of logic and what it means to have an opinion, but not everyone does. This is always the case, whether it's on the forum or out on the street. There's always people who can't bring forth solid arguments for their case. They use their emotions as a way to start a debate, and it doesn't work. Emotions at least need to be based on something, after all. I'm not referring to anyone, btw, it's just a hypothetical case of 'one should' and 'one shouldn't'.

Well my opinion got bashed at anyway, saying it's wrong and theirs' are right! That's why I don't care anymore! I am tired of being the victim! :(
Sooooo basically you agree with me?
All in all, I have to agree with you! What choice do I have? And trust me. I've been through hell, a lot of it if you ask me! I know in my heart vengeance isn't the answer!
Good change is defined as pleasing majority of fans but at same time being something worthy of praise.

Bad change is not pleasing majority of fans and not being worthy of praise.

Don't tell me what change is or what not! I don't give a flying f#ck! :mad:

That's it! I'm going to work! I need to take a break from this site and do something productive rather than wasting my time arguing non-stop! Rockman X and IncarnatedDemon, JUST STOP! You each have your own view. So stop belittling each others' view, okay? :mad:

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I saw a top comment here:

(unable to be quoted)

Well, if something's been rebooted/altered for the sake of improvement, and yet it stays the same as it was before, that's not a good change either, because they wouldn't have accomplished their goal (improvement).

Well my opinion got bashed at anyway, saying it's wrong and theirs' are right! That's why I don't care anymore! I am tired of being the victim! :(

I don't know if your opinion is still being bashed, but if it is, I'd just pay no mind to the people who are doing that. I just don't agree with a part of your opinion here, because you can't apply your opinion to each separate case. If something's objectively a worse product than what came before, then it's a bad change. I'm not talking about DmC, though - I thought DmC was no better or worse than the DMCs. But that's also a part of why I feel it's a bad change; what's the point in rebooting a series if you've already made four games, and if you're going to recycle old ideas (Mundus, Vergil), as well as not improve anything? Or rather, improving some things and degrading others?
Oh, and p.issing people off at the same time by acting like DMC4 was a mistake? You don't work on a game (DMC4) for years only to say 'whoops, let's reboot the series'.

Aside from that, whether it's a good change or a bad one can be subjective. If somebody doesn't like DmC's atmosphere, its Dante or Vergil or whatever, that would mean it's a bad change to them. In this case, I would advise people to add the words 'in my opinion', because opinions are not 'the absolute truth'. They're just opinions.

All in all, I have to agree with you! What choice do I have? And trust me. I've been through hell, a lot of it if you ask me! I know in my heart vengeance isn't the answer!

The question is, are you still going through hell? After all, there's no point in being stuck in the past. You shouldn't hold us or anybody else accountable for offensive things some unknown people may have said in the past. Anyway, please don't fall back on a humorous yet offensive spoof video of the worst members in the fanbase 'not liking/wanting change'. Not everybody's like that, and change can't always be accepted by everyone, nor should it be.

That's it! I'm going to work! I need to take a break from this site and do something productive rather than wasting my time arguing non-stop! Rockman X and IncarnatedDemon, JUST STOP! You each have your own view. So stop belittling each others' view, okay? :mad:

Sorry to hear you're leaving. I quite like that you seem to be unbiased and generally a good sport. Sport... I hate that word :p Hope to see you again soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom