• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Shouldn't we DMC fans be grateful about DmC instead of acting like it was something unwanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
When i look at DMC 4 i just facepalm myself its a freaking disaster.. and i would NEVER want a sequel to that !
JUST... KILL.. ME. !
work-meetings.gif

Considering that i think this is a welcome change :-

that's how i truly feel about the old series right now. its literally fu*ked.. with nero being a walking talking plothole and dante being a guest who's overstaying his night DmC was inevitable it may not be something of a reboot we wanted but its pretty much the only logical step after the disaster that is DMC 4..

Sure DMC 4 had the best gameplay in all the series but it practically takes a nosedive in almost every other thing which made the series so great..

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
DmC sucks. Therefore, it's unwanted. Nah, just trolllin'. :lol:

See, here's the thing RMX:

We're... most of us anyway... are fanatics. Yes, even I can get carried away, at times. When we as an audience don't get exactly what we want, we tend to be... more than a little aggressive about it. It's unfair really, because it doesn't give game developers room to experiment... to explore new possibilities.

Sure, some of those possibilities may not turn out so well, but we won't know unless we experiment, will we? For example, even though I hate the lack of lock-on, some people don't mind it -- and even a scant few prefer it.

So, while it would have been nice to have a "toggle lock-on" if not a "hold lock-on" I simply have to deal with what I have. And what I have really isn't all that bad, in the end.

berto

I Saw the Devil
nope. i didn't want that and for all the complains there are for dmc4 there where hundreds more for dmc2 and we got a sequel to that and look how that turned out, so every time i see an argument of how dmc4 was bad and that where they thought the series was heading i don't really heed. if you're happy with it more power to ya, but don't expect everyone to simply agree. in matters such as these there are no such thing as the right and wrong, simply differences of opinion.

anyway, i'd be willing to bet that if it had been a dmc5 the gameplay would be pretty similar to DmC, seeing how most of the combat is just a refined version of dmc4.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
i don't think grateful is the right word.

people who liked it should be happy (but understanding about other people not being happy), people who didn't should be disappointed ( disappointed in this case meaning move on and hope for DMC5, not flip out every time someone who did like DmC expresses a positive opinion or hopes for DmC2, some people still need to work on improving their reaction even now.) the wrong reaction would be to prefer the end of the franchise over the other side getting what they want (that's just childish, mature people don't say "i get what i want or no one is allowed to be happy) or picking a fight with the other side.

note: none of this is directed at a specific person. if you are not behaving in an immature manner this has nothing to do with you and if you are behaving in an immature manner then reacting to this is admitting it. if you think this is specifically directed at you, you are wrong. (except the first sentence; that is in response to the title of this thread)

btw i liked DMC4 and DmC and i hope for both DmC2 and DMC5.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Not necessarily. You could give a gamer everything they want, and they would still complain for some reason.

I think you're half-right. Sorry for sounding confrontational, I'm just speaking from personal experience.

Well yeah, they still complained, but at least they DID get a MGS game to give the fans of MGS something, while the new fans of MGR got MGR while also getting a look at MGS.

EDIT:

^ This had more creativity then his crap;

I'm not a fan of DMC4..but let's not generalize a game based on one scene,this goes for both ,DMC and DmC.

When we are against something,let's keep it to ourselves and not push it down someone's else throat with insults just because WE think is the worst thing ever. You can say about that 'sh*t' that it wasn't on your taste.
Just like with the Lucifer scene,some may find it funny and original,and some may find it too out of place.

I say this,because this is EXACTLY the kind of attitude that gets us in countless arguings and reportings etc. and I think everyone is tired of them...

Anyway.
I do think it wasn't necessary a reboot. At least not so soon. Yet,I guess it's not that much of a tragedy as long as the games aren't left unfinished like this.
I still expect future games for DMC/DmC and sincerely,I'd want for both,at least to have a decent end to them.

And as many said,people aren't always satisfied with change,they either consider it good or bad based on whatever they like or used to like.Or they either expected something better..
And that's why they get aggresive,it's because they didn't get what they expected or what they like is made in a fashion that doesn't appeal to that certain franchise they used to like.

(Like in Batman's case..look how many hate the new actor,Ben Affleck..sadly.)

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Not all of the fans didn't want it and are grateful.

Also I wish people would stop generalizing the ENTIRE fanbase as a bunch of DmC haters.
you know me ? i'm not generalizing i'm just sick&tired of this snobby attitude everyone seems have.. sure we all were highly skeptical about DmC but now its a pretty solid game and the reboot was needed whether we admit it or not.. DMC games have been highly inconsistent.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm not a fan of DMC4..but let's not generalize a game based on one scene,this goes for both ,DMC and DmC.

When we are against something,let's keep it to ourselves and not push it down someone's else throat with insults just because WE think is the worst thing ever. You can say about that 'sh*t' that it wasn't on your taste.
Just like with the Lucifer scene,some may find it funny and original,and some may find it too out of place.

I say this,because this is EXACTLY the kind of attitude that gets us in countless arguings and reportings etc. and I think everyone is tired of them...

Anyway.
I do think it wasn't necessary a reboot. At least not so soon. Yet,I guess it's not that much of a tragedy as long as the games aren't left unfinished like this.
I still expect future games for DMC/DmC and sincerely,I'd want for both,at least to have a decent end to them.

And as many said,people aren't always satisfied with change,they either consider it good or bad based on whatever they like or used to like.Or they either expected something better..
And that's why they get aggresive,it's because they didn't get what they expected or what they like is made in a fashion that doesn't appeal to that certain franchise they used to like.

(Like in Batman's case..look how many hate the new actor,Ben Affleck..sadly.)

To be honest I would have pushed a reboot back more to coincide with the next gen system launches in order to give it that maximum push in sales.

In the mean time just let NT cut their teeth on something else whether it be another IP like Onimusha which people said its more of a fit for their skills or a new ip to get their name out there.

I felt DMC only needed a reboot since Capcom seemed unwilling to actually sit down and clean up the messy continuity they created. Its messy sure but its not unfixable.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Heck no TC. I think that we as DMC fans should be allowed to develop our own opinions and for those that truly didn't welcome/ or like DmC are just as entitled to their opinions as you are to trash talk DMC4. Double standards up the ass in here -_-

not really double standards because its not like anyone's tying your hands and not letting you type about your opinion on DmC.

Like this fight I got in wit Wesker; he got all mad because I said Trish was a 7 at best and because of my opinion, he get's an attitude about it, but did I let that stop me? No, I can say Trish is ugly all I want because that's my opinion.

Don't let people stop you from saying what you want to say. however don't be surprised if someone disagrees with you.

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
not really double standards because its not like anyone's tying your hands and not letting you type about your opinion on DmC.

Like this fight I got in wit Wesker; he got all mad because I said Trish was a 7 at best and because of my opinion, he get's an attitude about it, but did I let that stop me? No, I can say Trish is ugly all I want because that's my opinion.

Don't let people stop you from saying what you want to say. however don't be surprised if someone disagrees with you.
That isn't what warrants my claim here. TC basically said We as fans should accept DmC. Then he goes around and says DMC4 is unacceptable. That's the prime example of double standards. Whether he intended to restrict my opinions or is irrelevant as I haven't stated if I even liked DMC4 or not. Just don't make hypocritical statements is all I'm saying.

Basically it's like me saying lets support Frank Sinatra, as his fans it shouldn't matter what genre he switches to. Then coming back and saying unless it's country because country sucks. (yeah he's dead but you get the idea)

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
you know me ? i'm not generalizing i'm just sick&tired of this snobby attitude everyone seems have.. sure we all were highly skeptical about DmC but now its a pretty solid game and the reboot was needed whether we admit it or not.. DMC games have been highly inconsistent.

Looks like a generalization to me.

I love DmC, and I love the original series, but I'm not snobbish about it. There are certain things that I hate and I make no secret about it. But this is the internet and 'shock horror', everyone has opinions.

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
"Shouldn't we DMC fans be grateful about DmC instead of acting like it was something unwanted?"

Um no not really. I wanted the DMC story to continue and fill in all the missing questions, not begin with something other than whatever NT's version is supposed to be. If they completed the series then decided to go with this new version, then it probably wouldn't be so bad across the board. Hell, even a few well-developed animes answering the who, what, when, where, why and hows' of the series would have sufficed plenty, and then on with DmC they could go...if they will (kinda see Capcom going down the bankrupt gutter sometime in the future)

And like my signature says "Do not fault people for not having an interest in something if it does not feature the things they care about." This doesn't only apply to games it's all over the media spectrum.

For example, Chris Cornell, who is known for being the lead singer/rock singer in rock bands like Soundgarden and Audioslave made songs such as these:

When he decided to go Hip-Hip and R&B, his fans of the rock genre damn near castrated him; calling him all kinds of 'sell-outs' 'phony' and voiced their overall betrayal. Granted he can do what he wants, but the majority of his audience/consumers turned their backs on him. Since then Chris has gone back to his "roots" so to speak.

When you have something that people like, no matter how big or small the fanbase, then decided to switch it up to bring new people in/bring in more money, while leaving the initial group pf people in the dust, you're going to get a lot of unhappy people having a product changed that they aren't "grateful" for. I personally do not care for the techno/dubstep music and the whole pop-punk, retro R&B feel (amongst other things) that was implemented into a gothic-esque, rock-opera game, so I wasn't happy with the product (maybe if it had a darker edge to it then okay but that's a story for another time). I understand that people want to try new ideas and bring change to certain things, but others simply want new ideas to "fit" into the established product and others want things to stay the same. You could argue that a series will become stale if they use the old same-old, same old, but then look at (eyeroll) the COD series.

It kinda really boils down to preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom