• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Poor Nero

Which would you rather have?

• Nero

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • DmC Dante

Votes: 17 53.1%

• Total voters

Mephisto

Using Alchemy to hunt those Demons down!
I think Nero was a great character, and the Development staff did a great job of designing him.
I had no problem with the love story, because it was what kept Nero going.
Why people hate nero is beyond me...
anime-phoenix-wright-677578.gif

THANK. YOU. SIR.
I, too, have no idea about the hate towards Nero. I actually had no idea there was any hate towards him! In my opinion, I thought he fit in very nicely in the series :/

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I think the hate comes from "we want Dante/Vergil as the main character in the games, not someone who looks like them, but never tell us his exact background" thing:p

Ultima

Obsessed Green Day Fangirl ^^
I like Nero, I thought he was great, but he's pretty much just Dante but younger and more of a jerk @.@ I like his arm/hate his arm. I hate it because I could never pay attention to the cutscenes cuz the blue glow from his arm distracted me (no joke..) >.< But, yea I like Nero. And as much as I'm starting to become fond with New Dante, I would still pick the 'KKYYRRRIIEEEEEE" screaming Nero over him ^^

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
thats it right there. i want dante or vergil in the main spotlight.

But where would the game go if Dante and Vergil are back in the spot light of DMC4? Vergil's dead. He's not coming back. And they can't make a game of Dante and Vergil before DMC3 because dante doesn't even know Vergil is alive. You can't do an M. Night Shamylan and some how bring Vergil back. Once you're dead, you're dead. There's no coming back. Plus without Nero, it would be just like DMC2, Dante killing a power crazy guy and killing demons as well. That's not that good of a plot, but I guess Hardcore fans would settle for that as long as they play as Dante.:/ That's kind of poor story, but I bet they'd except it anyway cause DMC isn't smart in story but is awesome in gameplay. Not that I'm insulting anyone but fans will except anything with DMC on it, except the New DmC.:/

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
But where would the game go if Dante and Vergil are back in the spot light of DMC4? Vergil's dead. He's not coming back. And they can't make a game of Dante and Vergil before DMC3 because dante doesn't even know Vergil is alive. You can't do an M. Night Shamylan and some how bring Vergil back. Once you're dead, you're dead. There's no coming back. Plus without Nero, it would be just like DMC2, Dante killing a power crazy guy and killing demons as well. That's not that good of a plot, but I guess Hardcore fans would settle for that as long as they play as Dante.:/ That's kind of poor story, but I bet they'd except it anyway cause DMC isn't smart in story but is awesome in gameplay. Not that I'm insulting anyone but fans will except anything with DMC on it, except the New DmC.:/

listen dude when isaid that I want them in the spotlight I didn't mean that they should kick nero out I meant that continue the story where it is left off but the main character should be dante and nero treated as a side character just like dante was in dmc 4][/quote]

DragonMaster2010

listen dude when isaid that I want them in the spotlight I didn't mean that they should kick nero out I meant that continue the story where it is left off but the main character should be dante and nero treated as a side character just like dante was in dmc 4]
[/quote]

Oh!:O Don't I feel dumb!:lol:

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda

Oh!:O Don't I feel dumb!:lol:[/quote]
nothing to feel dumb about dude it happens. i really hope they continue the old story somehow

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
When I first played DMC4, I actually felt like Nero stole some of Dantes fire during the cutseens, But Dante would somehow get it back by doing something cool in a "Dante" kind of way.
I personally think Neither Dante, nor Nero are better than the other.
they both are just Awesome in general.
anime-phoenix-wright-059932.gif

DragonMaster2010

When I first played DMC4, I actually felt like Nero stole some of Dantes fire during the cutseens, But Dante would somehow get it back by doing something cool in a "Dante" kind of way.
I personally think Neither Dante, nor Nero are better than the other.
they both are just Awesome in general.
anime-phoenix-wright-059932.gif

That's what I think too! They both are equally awesome. That's just pure facts.
anime-phoenix-wright-677578.gif

Zilla

The inFAAMous
I immediately took to Nero, I liked playing as him from the beginning if I'm honest, and I had followed the series from 1 to 3 up until that point. I didn't really dwell too much on why Nero ate up most of the story as I had just assumed it was something similar to how MGS 2 had more Raiden than Snake.

Nero, to Me, was quite a likable character, I can't recall much of the actual storyline of DMC 4 as it's been so long since I've played it, but if I recall correctly Nero was a potent concoction of Love, hate, shame, frustration, confusion and cockiness. Which worked quite well, especially in contrast to Dante's slightly more calm and reserved demeanor.

Also, I LOVED his Devil Bringer ability, which really complimented the combat and helped keep fighting flowing neatly, as sometimes I would find Myself having to Stinger towards enemies to get to them in time, only to have the Stinger connect and thus shove the enemy further away from Me. It also really helped to promote Air combat.

Which is likely why DmC has a Devil Bringer-esque ability in the form of Dantes demon Rebellion arsenal.

tl;dr - You can rev his sword the way You would a motorcycle = Auto-Win. "CRAYZAY!"

DragonMaster2010

I immediately took to Nero, I liked playing as him from the beginning if I'm honest, and I had followed the series from 1 to 3 up until that point. I didn't really dwell too much on why Nero ate up most of the story as I had just assumed it was something similar to how MGS 2 had more Raiden than Snake.

Nero, to Me, was quite a likable character, I can't recall much of the actual storyline of DMC 4 as it's been so long since I've played it, but if I recall correctly Nero was a potent concoction of Love, hate, shame, frustration, confusion and cockiness. Which worked quite well, especially in contrast to Dante's slightly more calm and reserved demeanor.

Also, I LOVED his Devil Bringer ability, which really complimented the combat and helped keep fighting flowing neatly, as sometimes I would find Myself having to Stinger towards enemies to get to them in time, only to have the Stinger connect and thus shove the enemy further away from Me. It also really helped to promote Air combat.

Which is likely why DmC has a Devil Bringer-esque ability in the form of Dantes demon Rebellion arsenal.

tl;dr - You can rev his sword the way You would a motorcycle = Auto-Win. "CRAYZAY!"

This sentence right here made me laugh a bit. Dante is anything BUT calm and reserved in DMC4.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
This sentence right here made me laugh a bit. Dante is anything BUT calm and reserved in DMC4.
Like I said, it's been a while since I've brushed up on the DMC 4 story. All I based that statement on was the opening fight scene with Nero and Dante, where it takes Dante no less than 4 days to actually say a single word to the poor kid. But as for Dante being a carbon copy of DMC 3's Dante, I would disagree. He's by no means a DMC 2 Dante, but from what I remember, He just didn't seem as crazy, but I'm likely forgetting a lot.

If I'm honest, I was more of a Nero guy during DMC 4 *lightning strike* :p

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
I actually liked Nero. He is my third favorite character after Mundus (2) and Dante (1). I thought he was cool and pretty badass. And I don't actually mind the fact that not much was revealed about him. In fact, I think that just makes him a more mysterious and cooler character because I want to know more about him. I also did not really mind the whole Kyrie thing because it actually made me like him more. I still like Dante better though. But I don't know if I like Nero or DmC Dante better because I don't know anything really about DmC Dante, so I will wait until the game comes out and I know more about it before I vote.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
1. There's already a hip young Dante; DMC3

2. Apparently Nero's somehow another Vergil or Vergil's offspring. Not 100% true, oviously.

And yeah, Nero's more of an anime protaganist then a DMC protaganist, but I think that's why I like him, since i'm an Otaku.

My point was you could have just done another with Dante in the ten years between 3 and1 rather than go past 1 and bring in nero.

my only problem with the character was that he just felt like a random idea and I dont understand the thought process behind his inclusion since the smart money was just to do more with young Dante in between 3 and 1.

The thing is with point 2 was that it was too vague and had they explained it a little better, it might have been better recieved.

DragonMaster2010

My point was you could have just done another with Dante in the ten years between 3 and1 rather than go past 1 and bring in nero.

my only problem with the character was that he just felt like a random idea and I dont understand the thought process behind his inclusion since the smart money was just to do more with young Dante in between 3 and 1.

The thing is with point 2 was that it was too vague and had they explained it a little better, it might have been better recieved.

But it seems too late to do an explaination now, what with DmC coming out.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
But it seems too late to do an explaination now, what with DmC coming out.
you could just DLC'd it or put it apart of the DMC collection.
Or just have Kobayashi or Itsuno say, 'Hey we left nero's background intentionally muddy because the team couldnt all agree on what his background was supposed to be"

DragonMaster2010

you could just DLC'd it or put it apart of the DMC collection.
Or just have Kobayashi or Itsuno say, 'Hey we left nero's background intentionally muddy because the team couldnt all agree on what his background was supposed to be"

Like CAPCOM would say that. Their "pride" wouldn't let them. It would have been better if they put DMC4 into the HD collection even though it already is in HD, but this one features extra content on Nero's past and more on Vergil's "final" status. Then again, the HD collection didn't show anything new, and was just a eulage of the old DMC.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Like CAPCOM would say that. Their "pride" wouldn't let them. It would have been better if they put DMC4 into the HD collection even though it already is in HD, but this one features extra content on Nero's past and more on Vergil's "final" status. Then again, the HD collection didn't show anything new, and was just a eulage of the old DMC.

sometimes the best pr is admit you screwed up. Them saying that is the easiest option because it requires just five minutes of your time.

they could have just packaged it together and just have a second team create the extra content.

Top Bottom