• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Poor Nero

Which would you rather have?

• Nero

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • DmC Dante

Votes: 17 53.1%

• Total voters

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
What's up with people not liking Nero?
Z

He was actually cool and had some attitude. He cared deeply for his girlfriend, Kyrie, and was bad ass. Sure not as stylish as Dante, but bad-ass, none the less. I mean, yeah, we don't know where he came from and we don't know how he's related to Sparda, but he was still cool to me. Plus, he's the holder of Yamato and that has to give points when you have such a powerful weapon. I think he was awesome, but others hated him. I mean HATE him. I find it unnecessary. So he stole Dante's place in ONE game. Just ONE. Why can't someone else have a little fame in the DMC scene. It doesn't always have to be about Dante, DMC is not Dante's name.Besides, Nero is bad ass and stylish too if you know how to use him(Don't mind the mod)

Anyway, what do you think?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Besides, Nero is bad ass and stylish too if you know how to use him
:shifty:
Ooooooh new smilies, THANKS ADMINS!!!!!! :D :D :D

Back on topic: DMC4 got me into the series and I love love LOVED Nero from the start. Dante annoyed the crap out of me.
Then the flame wars exploded about Dante lovers hating on Nero lovers and I was 0.0 you people actually LIKED that annoying as hell moron? WHY? HE'S ANNOYING! DANTE MUST DIE! FFSOMG*diesconfuseddeath*

Then I delved more into the franchise and then realised why everyone was defending Dante and flaming Nero.
Dante is cool, yeeeaaa, I like him. But if I had to choose between him and Nero....okay, Nero would actually win by, like, a fraction of a milimeter. It's hard to see past their irritating antics.

Nero was chivalrous. That's what makes the big difference between who I like best.
Dante was just... too Dante.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted
:shifty:
Ooooooh new smilies, THANKS ADMINS!!!!!! :D :D :D

Back on topic: DMC4 got me into the series and I love love LOVED Nero from the start. Dante annoyed the crap out of me.
Then the flame wars exploded about Dante lovers hating on Nero lovers and I was 0.0 you people actually LIKED that annoying as hell moron? WHY? HE'S ANNOYING! DANTE MUST DIE! FFSOMG*diesconfuseddeath*

Then I delved more into the franchise and then realised why everyone was defending Dante and flaming Nero.
Dante is cool, yeeeaaa, I like him. But if I had to choose between him and Nero....okay, Nero would actually win by, like, a fraction of a milimeter. It's hard to see past their irritating antics.

Nero was chivalrous. That's what makes the big difference between who I like best.
Dante was just... too Dante.
Under your user name you wrote "The Ultimate Dante Fan". I'm lost here.

Mephisto

Using Alchemy to hunt those Demons down!
Hahaha!...Wait. So you hated him to death from the start of DMC4, but later on you developed an enormous crush on Dante? Okay I don't know why, but I'm starting to like this place now. Just because^_^

My first game was actually this game so I sort of had no clue about the characters at all.
When I first started, I got worried how the characters would act, especially Nero, since he was possibly in his mid to late-20's and may act like a little boy. BUT! He sounds and acts like a character I can tolerate so that's a big whoo hoo for me! When Dante appeared I didn't know what was coming but immediately I thought he was goinig to be a pain to Nero, but apparently he is so awesome! Dante's the character I love because he's so sly and witty. There goes my fangirl moment.

Now back to the poll. I would choose Nero, of course, but I'm still waiting for DmC's "Dante". So I'll vote when it is released.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well, i think people's problem with Nero was how he was handled.

1. He wasn't a character we needed to see as you could have done more with Young Hip dante, or dare i say it Vergil.

2. His connection to dante wasn't properly explained.

I like the guy and would like him be given the raiden treatment and become a badasss. Plus he is better lead for an anime as you could take risks with him that you wouldnt do with Dante.

i didnt vote as New Dante reminds me too much of Nero.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
nero is allright to me he ruined alot of things for me.
1.he replaced dante as the main character which i dont like cuz i am a big dante fan.
2.his gameplay style was alot different and getting used to it was a lil tough because of the devil bringer.when i mastered him and reached half way where i play as dante i couldnt play so well with him as i did in previous dmc games i got used to the devil bringer.
3.he wasnt dante PERIOD.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
I think Nero was a great character, and the Development staff did a great job of designing him.
I had no problem with the love story, because it was what kept Nero going.
Why people hate nero is beyond me...
anime-phoenix-wright-677578.gif

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
I think Nero was a great character, and the Development staff did a great job of designing him.
I had no problem with the love story, because it was what kept Nero going.
Why people hate nero is beyond me...
anime-phoenix-wright-677578.gif
well i dont hate him but i dont like him either.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Nero puzzled me. When I first saw him, I remember asking Steve "so how old is Dante in this one, then?" before seeing Dante himself drop in and start fighting. Then I just got even more confused (it honestly doesn't take much). The only thing that ever bugged me about his character was that, like others have said before, so little was revealed yet so much seemed to be hinted at. I kept waiting for something to be explained - anything - and...nothing.

Plus his girlfriend was annoying. To me she was just RE's Ashley with a different skin.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I HATED NERO... technically, I'm still not a fan of him... but I recently restarted DMC4 and found him tolerable...as long as i didn't watch the cutscenes where he annoyed the heck out of me (the ones with the whinging and 'KYYYYYRRRRRIIIIIEEEEEEEE'! So really i skipped quite a few of the videos :p )

Capcom could've present Nero and his story a bit better. You can't just pull a character out of thin air and not explain their origins... especially in a game like DMC.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well, i think people's problem with Nero was how he was handled.

1. He wasn't a character we needed to see as you could have done more with Young Hip dante, or dare i say it Vergil.

2. His connection to dante wasn't properly explained.

I like the guy and would like him be given the raiden treatment and become a badasss. Plus he is better lead for an anime as you could take risks with him that you wouldnt do with Dante.

i didnt vote as New Dante reminds me too much of Nero.

1. There's already a hip young Dante; DMC3

2. Apparently Nero's somehow another Vergil or Vergil's offspring. Not 100% true, oviously.

And yeah, Nero's more of an anime protaganist then a DMC protaganist, but I think that's why I like him, since i'm an Otaku.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I HATED NERO... technically, I'm still not a fan of him... but I recently restarted DMC4 and found him tolerable...as long as i didn't watch the cutscenes where he annoyed the heck out of me (the ones with the whinging and 'KYYYYYRRRRRIIIIIEEEEEEEE'! So really i skipped quite a few of the videos :p )

Capcom could've present Nero and his story a bit better. You can't just pull a character out of thin air and not explain their origins... especially in a game like DMC.
Don't listen to her Nero. I still love you and your weird arm.
:lol:

Railazel

Funny story, the original plan was for DMC to have different main characters. It's ironic how the game finally goes back to it's original plan and people begin hating the new main character.

Railazel

True, but what DMC became is what we LOVE.
But that shouldn't hinder the likability of a character, I mean the dude wasn't that bad. Sure, he was whiny for a guy who dislays himself as a "tough punk with an attitude" but he wasn't too bad. I kind of liked how the story revolved around him coming to terms with his Devil Bringer. Growth in a character is always good.

Top Bottom