• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Poor Nero

Which would you rather have?

• Nero

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • DmC Dante

Votes: 17 53.1%

• Total voters

Danteredgrave

"I make the angels scream and the devil cry"
I think Nero is unable to laugh at himself, while Dante can.
This is a major aspect of Dante's character I think: he always makes fun of everything around him (DMC3-4), he never takes things seriously (or never wants to show that he does), even his very fighting style is like a game: he's always playing with enemies and never seems to be really struggling to survive or fearing. "this is what I live for, and I'm absolutely crazy about it! :D". What about Nero? He can't even stand being called a kid without becoming angry...
So according to me, Dante is a very exceptional and outstanding character while Nero, even if he is really cool, is more a "mainstream" (sorry for the using this word) and maybe fans were afraid of Dante, who is unique, being replaced by a mainstream video game hero which would behave just as thousands of other heroes do. It has been the case with DMC2, then with Nero and finally with DmC.

so again according to me, there is no hate towards Nero but fear of Dante's loss which manifests through Nero hating.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Its a reboot with no ties to existing canon or stream of events so any # of characters could appear.

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

Either way. It depends on how much a fan of nero you are.

I prefer the eliminating ties to Sparda and just making him a regular half-breed demon or angel allows to stand on his own feet more and might be better accepted.
me too.....and im a big fan of nero.....:)

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I HATED NERO... technically, I'm still not a fan of him... but I recently restarted DMC4 and found him tolerable...as long as i didn't watch the cutscenes where he annoyed the heck out of me (the ones with the whinging and 'KYYYYYRRRRRIIIIIEEEEEEEE'! So really i skipped quite a few of the videos :p )

Capcom could've present Nero and his story a bit better. You can't just pull a character out of thin air and not explain their origins... especially in a game like DMC.

D'you remember waaaay back when the first screens of DMC4 were released and it was being thrown around that Nero WAS Vergil? (Due to name and appearance) And then it flips to implied Vergil's son? And then, after all, we get sod-all of an explanation? Yeah, I was pretty bemused also. I disliked Nero for a while, but that was largely due to feeling stood-up by CAPCOM in that regard.

It's funny DS mentions thinking Dante was annoying and is now a major fan. I was always a Dante fan, even when I played DMC2. Then DMC3 happened and I was all, like, "LOL, see ya".

Oxymore

Kyyyyriiiiiiiiiiiiie!
I didn't like him that much, but I don't hate him.
He is not as cool as Dante, but he has a sort of charisma that I like.

But when he starts shouting "KYYYYRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE" ...Oh god, it annoy me that much that I want to hit him to death.

HailTheKing

Battousai The Manslayer
I think I will vote after I have played DmC. If DmC Dante also moans or screams every minute like Nero, then I think I'll pass:)

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
From what darkdeamon92/dmc3/ and Z218 discussed, I would like it if Nero had no ties to the Sparda family if there was a reboot version of him. I woula actually like Nero to look more like this mod.

But I wouldn't want him to have a demon arm though. MAybe for his Dt he could have it. Oh, and I think Nero's sword play should be like Dante's in DMC4 since Dante's in DmC is like Nero's in DMC4. Nero fighting more stylishly and skillful, While Dante fight brutally and hardcore.

Top Bottom