• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Plot Holes, Questions, and Inconsistencies of DMC

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
I will ask this for a second time: what people are taking into consideration as canon for the series or even for the comments? I mean, we could be more explicit on our post to make it clear to people (leaving some links for us to read things would be good too) , i really don't dived at DMC's diversities like mangas, novels and things like that, i just read that unfinished manga pre-DMC3 and played all the games, for example.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Just why would he need such unnecessary force for a petty thing ? besides stronger demons would just bail of out of this because they won't have any fun or challenge whatsoever.
Well if Eva was a demon hunter then it would depend on how strong she was like for example stronger than lady, I mean she would have to be strong and smart to keep up with sparda.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Well that's absolutely stupid. After being stabbed by one of the Order's most prominent members he still doesn't know what's going on?

Nero has lived in Fortuna his entire life (it would seem) and has worked for the Order for some time and even dedicated his time with them or their cause at least although he prefered to work alone. Plus with the epidemic of the demons suddenly going on a rampage and unleashing hell on the city and the lives of many in danger coupled with his initial mission of tracking Dante I don't think Nero would hastily come to the conclusion that this highly religious organization who vowed to protect the world/humans from demons in honor of the world's savior is all of a sudden bad guys.

I guess he needed better or more clear answers than just 2 occurence that not even he can 100% explain.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I mean she would have to be strong and smart to keep up with sparda.
And what gave you that idea ? according to the timeline back in day women weren't usually popular for fighting.. but then again anything can happen in a video game.
Carousel_Video_AC3L_Aveline_360tcm1954125.jpg

But for now i'll just say she's just there to die and she was weak for such a minor character its just a stretch anyway.

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
Did..no one seem to notice Nero jump onto Sparda's arm when he faced Dante? I just found that to be funny and weird how he could jump that high and...no one say anything about it:lol:

The episode in the anime; the one where the guy mistakes Dante as...Anthony and the dude wanted to clear his name. What did that come from? Is that...what was that about? That was NOT Eva, right?

What is the colorful nature of Dante changing Devil Trigger forms (Agni and Rudra in DMC 3, Ifrit in DMC 1) but not doing so in DMC 4 and DMC 2 (well I believe he had his majin/ultimate form). Does that have something to do with his maturing power?

Well this is just to throw it out there, why didn't Capcom, when they released the DMC 3: Special Edition, did they not give Vergil his time in the spotlight rather than have us just play as him. I wanted to see his side of the story, dammit!

In DmC:
I still want to know why Dante, Vergil, Eva and Sparda (I think) have different hair colors. Eva=Red, Vergil=White...(from the get-go???) Dante=Black, Sparda...Bald?:blink:

Also, when Dante meets with Vergil the first time, why didn't he recognize that 'Oh sh*t, this guy kinda looks like me? Liek why wasn't that connected? If I see somone that looks distrubingly like me, I'm going to acknowledge that.

If Mundus is this all power...broker, (lol) why did he only have one child? Shouldn't he have bunny-hopped a slew of women in case one...croaked?

Dante and Vergil...age NORMALLY even though they are not human? Half-Demon+Half-Angel=Age Like A Human?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
In DmC:
I still want to know why Dante, Vergil, Eva and Sparda (I think) have different hair colors. Eva=Red, Vergil=White...(from the get-go???) Dante=Black, Sparda...Bald?:blink:
Recessive genes? Don't care. I'm one of the people who doesn't care what Dante's hair looks like. I didn't play the games for that.
Also, when Dante meets with Vergil the first time, why didn't he recognize that 'Oh sh*t, this guy kinda looks like me? Liek why wasn't that connected? If I see somone that looks distrubingly like me, I'm going to acknowledge that.
Yea, maybe that would have rung a bell but it doesn't matter. Trivial. Why didn't Dante question how Nero looked so much like him? He's a clone I tell you! Born from a test tube from a lock of Dante's anime hair. Those scientist did it.
If Mundus is this all power...broker, (lol) why did he only have one child? Shouldn't he have bunny-hopped a slew of women in case one...croaked?
I don't know about you but, I don't think having some kind of "back up kid" is really part of the plan in the off chance Lillith would have some kind of miscarriage. Also, Mundus didn't expect Dante to get a hold of his kid because he thought no one knew the kid existed. As far as Mundus was concerned, he thought Dante cared about Lillith just as much as he did. Word of a child on the way was news he thought was secret.
Dante and Vergil...age NORMALLY even though they are not human? Half-Demon+Half-Angel=Age Like A Human?
This is all speculation and also this is all just a work of fiction. Devil May Cry has always mixed up this supernatural and religious subject matter up. Questioning the stuff in DmC is silly because you're little late to the punch on that if you felt like these kind of things really needed to be addressed. Just don't question it. It's not like it's actually relevant. I'm pretty sure none of us has had a conversation with an angel, demon, or nephillim recently to say what's what.

Britt690

This is all speculation and also this is all just a work of fiction. Devil May Cry has always mixed up this supernatural and religious subject matter up. Questioning the stuff in DmC is silly because you're little late to the punch on that if you felt like these kind of things really needed to be addressed. Just don't question it. It's not like it's actually relevant. I'm pretty sure none of us has had a conversation with an angel, demon, or nephillim recently to say what's what.
Who ****ed in your coffee? Since this game is rebooted or whatever the hell it is I expected it to be thorough. I know the DMC series isn't all that polished, but I guess my expectations were too high for them to explain what was going on correctly in DmC instead of throwing a bunch of different stuff together and leaving it as such. Shame on me though to believe such a thing, since Ninja Theory are supposed to be good story-tellers. I don't care if you think those things are moot points, but I do; therefore it's why I asked.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
The episode in the anime; the one where the guy mistakes Dante as...Anthony and the dude wanted to clear his name. What did that come from? Is that...what was that about? That was NOT Eva, right?

Yes, he calls Dante as "Tony". And yes, it heavily implies that was indeed Dante, i mean: the picture with the white haired guy with red clothes, the "secret" with this guy (the box buried near the tree), a demon invading that small city out of nowhere and people blaming "Tony's mother" for this. If you get all the pieces of information it heavily points out that this Tony was indeed Dante. But Dante, for some reason, don't want to assume it.

What is the colorful nature of Dante changing Devil Trigger forms (Agni and Rudra in DMC 3, Ifrit in DMC 1) but not doing so in DMC 4 and DMC 2 (well I believe he had his majin/ultimate form). Does that have something to do with his maturing power?

I think that it was just Capcom's lazyness (about DMC4) and if you sum it with the game being rushed to the market it could explain why, but what you said makes some sense. It can represents Dante's power fully matured and independent from Devil Arms.

Well this is just to throw it out there, why didn't Capcom, when they released the DMC 3: Special Edition, did they not give Vergil his time in the spotlight rather than have us just play as him. I wanted to see his side of the story, dammit!

I think it's lazyness too, and to a lesser extent: bad planning. I mean, what demons would Vergil encounter if not the same that Dante's encounters? All the demons there were guardians to Temen-Ni-Gru, i think the exceptions are Arkham/Jester and Doppelganger. They mostly showed was what Vergil was doing in Temen-Ni-Gru parallel with Dante's actions, and it's much more easy and less expensive to just add a character that was mostly fully developed in every term (including gameplay) and throwing out as bonus than making more cutscenes, writting more story and all that things just to add him to the game.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Who ****ed in your coffee? Since this game is rebooted or whatever the hell it is I expected it to be thorough. I know the DMC series isn't all that polished, but I guess my expectations were too high for them to explain what was going on correctly in DmC instead of throwing a bunch of different stuff together and leaving it as such. Shame on me though to believe such a thing, since Ninja Theory are supposed to be good story-tellers.
Geez, I didn't think my comment would usher in that kind of response. Maybe you should chill out a bit. I gotta go though so have a good one. Stay awesome :cool:

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Dante and Vergil...age NORMALLY even though they are not human? Half-Demon+Half-Angel=Age Like A Human?[/quote]

The only thing I know for sure is Classic Dante ages like a human, even if is a cambion. In his case he is a "enhanced human". He feels pain, but never makes a big deal of it.
About his healing rating, it seems its not as quick as we thought to be.In DMC1 novel he very hurt and and he told that to Enzo. In Anime ep 12 , he tells Patty to be careful on touching him since he feels pain in all his body and he's not full recovered from the fight with Abigail.
About Nt Dante, I never heard that assumption before.Aren't his parents ageless or whatever?

Britt690

I think it's lazyness too, and to a lesser extent: bad planning. I mean, what demons would Vergil encounter if not the same that Dante's encounters? All the demons there were guardians to Temen-Ni-Gru, i think the exceptions are Arkham/Jester and Doppelganger. They mostly showed was what Vergil was doing in Temen-Ni-Gru parallel with Dante's actions, and it's much more easy and less expensive to just add a character that was mostly fully developed in every term (including gameplay) and throwing out as bonus than making more cutscenes, writting more story and all that things just to add him to the game.

Yeah, I can see that. But I thought he would have done a little more in the tower than just repeating the same levels, like interacting more with different objects and stuff. And did he go through the tower before Dante (well duh) or after? Well I guess he did before then he was knocked away into that hole by Arkham. But that would have been cool to see; to see how Vergil (if he did) come out of that crack up until walking past Lady.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3

The only thing I know for sure is Classic Dante ages like a human, even if is a cambion. In his case he is a "enhanced human". He feels pain, but never makes a big deal of it.
About his healing rating, it seems its not as quick as we thought to be.In DMC1 novel he very hurt and and he told that to Enzo. In Anime ep 12 , he tells Patty to be careful on touching him since he feels pain in all his body and he's not full recovered from the fight with Abigail.
About Nt Dante, I never heard that assumption before.Aren't his parents ageless or whatever?[/quote]

I think the healing rate is at least very quick when talking about his vital organs, because he gets stabbed in the chest often and in that episode from the anime he had all his body stabbed by Abigail's "tentacles", or whatever that **** is. We can really take this novel as canon? I mean, DMC3 mostly overlaped all that was said and told there. But cool to know this, i've never really read this novel but just some overviews about it.

Britt690

About Nt Dante, I never heard that assumption before.Aren't his parents ageless or whatever?[/quote]

That's what I wanted to know, but it seems that I should stop asking questions because I shouldn't worry about the mythology of it and it's stupid to do so (eyeroll)

Anyway, Cuz Dante said he had meningitis at age seven, and I was under the impression that they were ageless. And since they were talking to each other in their teens/young adulthood about what happened or whatever I just wanted to know if they age normally.

Gel

Premium
I think the healing rate is at least very quick when talking about his vital organs, because he gets stabbed in the chest often and in that episode from the anime he had all his body stabbed by Abigail's "tentacles", or whatever that **** is. We can really take this novel as canon? I mean, DMC3 mostly overlaped all that was said and told there. But cool to know this, i've never really read this novel but just some overviews about it.[/quote]

Good question: while DMC3 mostly overlaped that novel as you said, Anime took a great part of Dante's characteristics and attitudes from his DMC1 novel counterpart and made it canon again.Novel goes to great lenghts of give hints about Dante's philosophical side, why he dresses in red and even what kind of women he prefers.It helps a lot to know Kamiya oversaw that book as a falcon to be sure "his" Dante was well depicted.

Britt690

I wonder if Trish had something to due with Vergil's downfall. Does it ever say when she was created in the timeline? Like she just popped up right at the start of DMC1 or did he create her like after Eva's demise? Personally I think Mundus used her to distract Vergil. I think V got a little leeway before Mundus pulled her out as a trump card.

And another thing, I think Vergil would have had to fight through a couple of denizens first pre-Mundus fight. I mean if I was Mundus, I would irritate Vergil by throwing some pansies his way before I went in for the kill. Just a lil' thought of mine...

Gel

Premium
I even especulated to myself if Trish has something ( like dna or whatever) from Eva.
There are a fan theory in TV tropes page about if Trish was Eva's body possessed by a lighting demon.
I never though about a meeting bettwen Vergil and Trish, but by from what I saw in Umvsc3( even if not canon) it wouldn't be pretty.:p

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
In DmC, how does Eva have red hair, Vergil has white hair (wasn't it blonde before they changed it?), Dante has black hair, and Sparda's...bald?

Well White hair is obtained through "Accepting your inner devil" (DT'ing very hard) so my take is that Sparda's human form also had black hair, Vergil had black hair and Dante too, but Vergil awakened his devil powers long before Dante or maybe he's more demon than angel, who knows?

Top Bottom