• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New teaser for DMC4 Special Edition

Veloran

No man, Viper and Veloran are right. That on the sole is a stylized dragon, which also appears on Yamato's pommel. Not saying it means anything in particular plot wise, just pointing out that it's not a random stain on his sole.
I remember something similar to this in Bayonetta.

In the first game, the soles of Bayonetta's shoes were featureless, just flat red. They only really became aware of this when designing promotional art late in development, and as a result all the wallpapers of Bayo 1 have her feet parallel to the camera so you don't really notice.

In the second game they made sure to give get boots a new design, the logo of the Umbran Witches and four separate symbols for each of her guns, flipped on each foot.

7eNg5tB.jpg

mx8WULf.jpg

It was probably the same thing in Vergil's case. The dev team storyboarded a shot that showed the underside of Vergil's boots as he's walking, so they add in the emblem of Yamato to spice it up a little.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well i think they may have thought DmC was the harder sell than DMC4 given the levels of outrage/backlash so that explains why they promo'd DmC DE faster than they are doing DMC4 SE plus there might be new story content so they wanna suprise you (gotta build anticipation).

Im not really a huge of Nero but i would like them to use the content to resolve the quagmire that is Nero's origins rather than letting it fester like DMC2 as i feel the franchise would have been better storywise had it resolved DMC2 rather than ignore it like a kid who hides his mess under the bed than clean it up.

Dominus

In the first game, the soles of Bayonetta's shoes were featureless, just flat red. They only really became aware of this when designing promotional art late in development, and as a result all the wallpapers of Bayo 1 have her feet parallel to the camera so you don't really notice.

In the second game they made sure to give get boots a new design, the logo of the Umbran Witches and four separate symbols for each of her guns, flipped on each foot.

It was probably the same thing in Vergil's case. The dev team storyboarded a shot that showed the underside of Vergil's boots as he's walking, so they add in the emblem of Yamato to spice it up a little.
You're comparing a highly detailed design, to a blurry bottom of a sole that sort of looks like an S. If it was detailed and intricate like Bayonetta's than yah I could see an argument. But if it looks like something that could easily be how the lighting is hitting the bottom of the shoe, I'm not going to go crazy over speculation of what it is.

berto

I Saw the Devil

7eNg5tB.jpg

mx8WULf.jpg

The funny part about those is that they leave a cat paw print on the ground.

Dominus

If we can get this many pages out of a few seconds of Vergil walking down a street, just imagine how much we'll be talking about a full trailer.
Ugh I really wish they were more open of when we will get more information ( i mean they can be now because DmC: DE is released). Just tell me when to be hyped instead of using obscure language about reveals in the future. Then I won't have to exert mental effort trying to figure out how long to wait for the next trailer.

Plus you have to think if we do get a June release, DmC: DE pre orders by comparison were opened in December. That leaves less time to get preorders in for DMC4:SE and time to hype up the game as well because it hasn't been officially announced.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
So little information has people talking about shoes.
What, you aren't interested in a symbol that may or may not be on his shoes? You aren't infatuated with the idea of over-analyzing every detail, regardless of the obscene scrutiny?

You clearly aren't a fan, then. Next, you'll be asking for substantial information...like gameplay. I mean, it's only been 3 months since they announced the game....you aren't being patient!

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
What, you aren't interested in a symbol that may or may not be on his shoes? You aren't infatuated with the idea of over-analyzing every detail, regardless of the obscene scrutiny?

You clearly aren't a fan, then. Next, you'll be asking for substantial information...like gameplay. I mean, it's only been 3 months since they announced the game....you aren't being patient!

Jesus God man, how much have you been carrying on with this. You've been told several times why they haven't shown gameplay yet.

DMC4 SE's actual marketing campaign is started just a few days ago. As LOD said, they released the teaser to build anticipation for next content. And as scionicspectre said, DmC DE has just come out, it's most likely still early for them to be messin around with marketing campaigns.

Now see if you can manage to finally stop being a d!ck making fun of those who are still looking forward to this cause of the teaser, and those who like to speculate. If you're not interested, freaking move on, don't troll people.
Granted, I'm calmed down since the teaser's release, but I'm not freaking out screaming "No gameplaaaaaaaaay!" whenever I can, just because they didn't show gameplay footage immediately after DmC DE release.

Last edited:

WolfOD64

Jesus God man, how much have you been carrying on with this. You've been told several times why they haven't shown gameplay yet.
Ugh, not this again...

Is it really so much to expect some details about gameplay from a game? I'm not talking about footage, or anything...I don't expect a trailer or anything, but I at least want to know SOMETHING that makes it different from its vanilla version. I haven't recieved a single image or second of gameplay footage for the upcoming Star Fox game on Wii U, and I have a million times more incentive to be excited about that, simply because the developers have enlightened the fans about gameplay details as they await the reveal of a trailer. And that's over the course of the last seven months...a HELL of a lot longer than DMC4: Special Edition's announcement.

There hasn't been a single confirmation about what makes this Special Edition so "special." And, no...the inclusion of Vergil doesn't amount to a thing if they don't confirm his appearance in-game. That's not even incentive to be excited for the game, much less buy it.

DMC4 SE's actual marketing campaign is started just a few days ago. As LOD said, they released the teaser to build anticipation for next content. And as scionicspectre said, DmC DE has just come out, it's most likely still early for them to be messin around with marketing campaigns.
If a teaser image of Vergil in a cloak constitutes as a "marketing campaign", then standards have really sunk beneath the earth's mantle since I was gone.

I'm starting to think that people are leaping aboard the hype train with next to no real information because it's a million times easier than actually admitting that they have nothing to be excited about.

Now see if you can manage to finally stop being a d!ck making fun of those who are still looking forward to this cause of the teaser, and those who like to speculate.
Yeah, I figured I'd hear that at some point: "Oh, look at that guy, being such a Negative Nancy...how DARE he make fun of people looking forward to the game. He's only ragging on the game because he doesn't like it, and has nothing better to do..."

...except for that fact that I do like the game. But even with the game being my favorite in the entire franchise, I'm not going to dive head-first and join the frothing masses as they drool over the most minuscule and out-of-context details that Capcom throws at the fanbase like lazy bread-crumbs. And I'm not going to be any less critical of the developers when they are refusing to offer any real information about the game as summer steadily approaches.

Discussing story details is speculation. Discussing gameplay changes is speculation. Going on about additional costumes, and a shape on Vergil's shoe from a single teaser image isn't speculation...that's desperation.

But I guess Ninja Theory must have spoiled me with such luxurious information like the game's retail price, release date, and gameplay changes. At what point as a consumer was I ever entitled to that information, after all?:shifty:

Granted, I'm calmed down since the teaser's release, but I'm not freaking out screaming "No gameplaaaaaaaaay!" whenever I can, just because they didn't show gameplay footage immediately after DmC DE release.
You know something? You're right. Capcom shouldn't release gameplay information right after DmC: DE's release.

They should've released it sooner. Like, you know...when they announced the game in the first place? If they didn't have anything to show for announcement, then they shouldn't have announced the game so prematurely.

And before anyone throws out the "Oh-they-didn't-want-to-steal-DmC's-thunder" argument, keep in mind that Capcom treats both games as part of the same franchise. That's why DMC4's announcement was AT THE END of the DmC: DE reveal trailer, instead of its own announcement trailer.

The only people who treat the games as separate enough to overshadow another are people who treat the existence of the two as some kind of competition...a childish exercise I excuse myself from, since I don't have a bias for either game, and plan on getting both.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Wait a second... "He's only ragging on the game because he doesn't like it, and has nothing better to do"...

When the hell did I even say you don't like the game? o_O

Anyway, you're free not to get on the hype train, or whatever other means of transport. What I'm criticizing of you is the fact that you express it in such a d!ckish way, making fun of people. Which is completely unnecessary. But it seems it's the only way some people here are capable of expressing their thoughts. Sarcasm. F*ck that, to be honest.

I don't think it would have cost so much to explain your reason in a more polite way. You could have just said "Look guys, I'm not gonna be excited only for a Vergil teaser, I'll wait for some more substantial stuff", which is completely understandable, i felt the same way too after the first teaser, and I'm calmed down from the second teaser too, but no, you had to troll. Bah.

Last edited:

WolfOD64

Wait a second... "He's only ragging on the game because he doesn't like it, and has nothing better to do"...

When the hell did I even say you don't like the game? o_O

Anyway, you're free not to get on the hype train, or whatever other means of transport. What I'm criticizing of you is the fact that you express it in such a d!ckish way, making fun of people. Which is completely unnecessary. But it seems it's the only way some people here are capable of expressing their thoughts. Sarcasm. F*ck that, to be honest.

I don't think it would have cost so much to explain your reason in a more polite way. You could have just said "Look guys, I'm not gonna be excited only for a Vergil teaser, I'll wait for some more substantial stuff", which is completely understandable, i felt the same way too after the first teaser, and I'm calmed down from the second teaser too, but no, you had to troll. Bah.
If you think my response was too harsh, then keep in mind that it was you who referred to ME as a d!ck. I apologize if my reaction was too harsh, but I reply to such things with sarcasm rather than spite.

If you think that my original post was trollish...then do enlighten me, who was I trolling, exactly? Chancey? If anything I was agreeing with him. Sure, it was sarcasm, but I wouldn't call it trolling.

Besides, I'm not making fun of anyone. If I was, I'd selectively point out who I was making fun of...but I'm not. If anything, I'm expressing my distaste in the universal, hyped reaction...not the people responsible for that reaction itself. I did a similar thing when I talked about people hyping up DMC3 Dante in my lengthy and somewhat-rantish DMC3 essay on the "Why didn't you buy it" thread.

I hate the act, not the people exercising the act. If you take it to such a personal level, even when I don't refer to anyone in particular...than I'm sorry. There's no "polite" way around expressing such an opinion.

Top Bottom