• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New teaser for DMC4 Special Edition

Dominus

Now that we've all made up, I have to admit that this has been the most blue-balls inducing wait of my life. I didn't really appreciate the meaning of the word 'teaser' until this game was announced.
Lol definitely is the case. We know why they are doing this (to give DmC: DE its time to shine), but still it amounts to a 1 image tease in December, and then a 6 second glimpse of Vergil 3 months later. I was hoping there would be some kind of leak by now... Hell just give us some details..

berto

I Saw the Devil
What, you aren't interested in a symbol that may or may not be on his shoes? You aren't infatuated with the idea of over-analyzing every detail, regardless of the obscene scrutiny?

You clearly aren't a fan, then. Next, you'll be asking for substantial information...like gameplay. I mean, it's only been 3 months since they announced the game....you aren't being patient!
Dude, I know you aren't been vicious but you are coming off too strong. Your choice of words make you seem more aggressive than what I'm assuming is your intention.

Now see if you can manage to finally stop being a d!ck making fun of those...
That's one written warning for name calling.

@Foxtrot94 and @WolfOD64. Thank you both for resolving this yourselves. It's good to see when users act this way, however, Foxtrot94, the warning stands since you broke that rule and WolfOD64, just because you're repeating what he said doesn't mean it's ok so just to let you know you barely scrape off without one.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
DMC fans love Vergil and really want him to be reintroduced. And Capcom knows it.
^ This... Honestly part of me was just glad they were doing something with the classic series again. Now they're involving Vergil, who is definitely one of the reasons DMC3's my favorite game. Now do I confess that I personally squealed like a fangirl (I'm a fanBOY) when I saw Vergil? Well that's what my friends tell me.
And I do confess their is a part of me that's saying "What else is the game adding?" Yes, but I can barley hear that part cause theirs a louder part going "VERGIL!".
But why shouldn't people get excited? Isn't the point of a teaser to build hype?

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
And I do confess their is a part of me that's saying "What else is the game adding?" Yes, but I can barley hear that part cause theirs a louder part going "VERGIL!".
But why shouldn't people get excited? Isn't the point of a teaser to build hype?
If you're excited about Vergil's return, that's fine...and it's perfectly understandable. He's been absent from the series for almost a decade now, and we finally get to see what happened to him post-Neo Angelo.

But you can only get excited from so many teasers. My limit is one...because I feel you should only be teased once, and given more details later.

We've already been teased. We've been handed our second teaser. We're still just as in the dark and sparse on any kind of confirmation as we were three months ago. Fanboy goggles or not, that's going to bother me (and mind you, my fanboy goggles are screwed on pretty tight. I'm dying to see how Vergil plays in the M.T. Framework engine...but I have to remove them every time I remind myself that he's not confirmed to be playable yet).

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
If you're excited about Vergil's return, that's fine...and it's perfectly understandable. He's been absent from the series for almost a decade now, and we finally get to see what happened to him post-Neo Angelo.

But you can only get excited from so many teasers. My limit is one...because I feel you should only be teased once, and given more details later.

We've already been teased. We've been handed our second teaser. We're still just as in the dark and sparse on any kind of confirmation as we were three months ago. Fanboy goggles or not, that's going to bother me (and mind you, my fanboy goggles are screwed on pretty tight. I'm dying to see how Vergil plays in the M.T. Framework engine...but I have to remove them every time I remind myself that he's not confirmed to be playable yet).

You see? You just expressed that thought in a polite way. If I weren't terrible at singing, I'd sing an Alleluja right now LOL

Props to you for that.

DjRunza

Mercenary of Darkness

DAY.FRIGGIN.ONE!!!!! OMG! This is like one of the best-est day of my life seeing Vergil with his new cloak and strolling down the street to only-God-knows-where and from the way I see it, I think Vergil is trying to destroy the Order of the Sword organization for mocking his father by building the Savior and stealing his Yamato sword without his permission to open the gates of Hell. Also, hopefully there would be an epic cutscene battle between Dante, Nero and the unexpected appearance of Vergil!

Another thing that keeps bothering me in this DMC4: Special Edition is about the Demon King, Mundus. I really wonder if Mundus ever make his unexpected and special appearance during the secret ending of the game? Because the normal edition of DMC4 showed an awesome easter egg about "Mundus Vivendi" which basically means "Mundus Lives" which also actually means he IS still alive? Perhaps CAPCOM decided to bring back Mundus in DMC4: Special Edition. Do you think its too early for Mundus making his return in DMC4: Special Edition even if he only shows up in secret ending or whenever? Or Mundus only get a brief mention during Vergil story-telling about how he still alive after the epic battle in DMC1?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I think Vergil is trying to destroy the Order of the Sword organization for mocking his father by building the Savior and stealing his Yamato sword without his permission to open the gates of Hell.

That is an interesting take and I can totally see him guided by that reason.

But in order for him to do that, his hypothetical campaign has to be set after DMC4 ending, and the Order is already destroyed by that time.

As for Mundus, hmmm... I have no idea. My guts tell me that he won't make an appearance though.

WolfOD64

I think Vergil is trying to destroy the Order of the Sword organization for mocking his father by building the Savior
That would be nothing short of hilarious. Out of all the outlandish and fantastical speculation for Vergil's return, this one is by far my favorite.

Another thing that keeps bothering me in this DMC4: Special Edition is about the Demon King, Mundus. I really wonder if Mundus ever make his unexpected and special appearance during the secret ending of the game? Because the normal edition of DMC4 showed an awesome easter egg about "Mundus Vivendi" which basically means "Mundus Lives" which also actually means he IS still alive? Perhaps CAPCOM decided to bring back Mundus in DMC4: Special Edition. Do you think its too early for Mundus making his return in DMC4: Special Edition even if he only shows up in secret ending or whenever?
Mundus did say he'd return at some point while he was being vanquished in DMC1.

Personally, out of everything in that entire ending, one line that Dante said stuck out in my head: "When you do, give my regards to my son, will ya?" Ever since I played that game as a kid, I always had a wild speculation that a future DMC sequel would involve an offspring of Dante's...to take up the mantle as Demon Hunter.

And yet here we are, fourteen years later, and Vergil's the one whose "son" is the focus of a DMC sequel. How the tables have turned.

Viper

Premium
It could be a return of Mundus, but one also has to take into account latin word mundus translates into world (or mankind), while vivendi is "of living", so it could also be "world of living".

There is also a latin phrase Modus vivendi, "way of living", signifying an agreement between those whose opinions differ, such that they agree to disagree.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
And yet here we are, fourteen years later, and Vergil's the one whose "son" is the focus of a DMC sequel. How the tables have turned.

Or that's what they want you to think? Maybe...now I'm building my own wild theory here. Maybe Nero is Dante's son? And maybe, perhaps, Vergil knew that Dante had a child but either Dante didn't know himself or he did and Vergil took the child away from Dante. But he did it to keep him safe. So whereas we see Vergil in Fortuna and we have everyone assume that Nero is Vergil's son. Nero is actually Dante's. Can you tell if I am throwing silly ideas around yet?

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Or that's what they want you to think? Maybe...now I'm building my own wild theory here. Maybe Nero is Dante's son? And maybe, perhaps, Vergil knew that Dante had a child but either Dante didn't know himself or he did and Vergil took the child away from Dante. But he did it to keep him safe. So whereas we see Vergil in Fortuna and we have everyone assume that Nero is Vergil's son. Nero is actually Dante's. Can you tell if I am throwing silly ideas around yet?
I actually started to think that once...I was playing DMC4 one day, had just learned the theory the rumors that Nero was Vergil's son, I was playing the 2nd fight with Dante and I casually thought "Huh, it make more sense if he was Dante's son" then as the cutscene after the fight started, I watched them and I thought "......Possible"

Some kind of Monster

Dude, it's a backwards S and the top has a shape that makes me think of dragon head.
vlcsnap_2015_03_10_17h04m42s194.png
I thought they were numbers 2 and 3. The other is difficult to see but the way i saw it 2+3=5 DMC5. It's probably the dragon thing though.

WolfOD64

That would add a lot of legitimacy to their relationship in the game...as well as a nice throwback to that quote in DMC1.

Top Bottom