• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New teaser for DMC4 Special Edition

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I'm

Yah I predict we will get a trailer in April (or end of March). Gregaman (Capcom employee) has said repeatedly in DmC streams that each game will get it's time to shine. I mean we saw how hyped people got over the teaser in the first trailer, imagine if they had a full blown trailer at DmC:DE launch? Probably would overshadow DmC:DE and I don't think it would overshadow it because it's better, but because it's fresh new content we have no clue about and the inclusion of a staple DMC character that has been out of the loop since DMC3. While DmC:DE is a remaster that does add a lot of content/reworking, but nothing fresh and shiny like a new character campaign/playable character ( I like shiny things).

Also you have to consider how much the general public knows about the differences between the mainline DMC series and DmC. It actually surprised me when my cousins were confused about where DmC placed in this continuum and they thought DmC was a prequel to DMC3. So adding an full blown announcment of another DMC game on top of DmC:DE would also confuse people not well versed in DMC franchise. Instead these teasers seem to be aimed at fans of the original series who know what's up, and when the full blown trailers start getting released the casual fans can figure out what's up as well (or would have already bought DmC:DE and therefore the confusion won't bring down sales of DmC:DE).

Man put a space between the : and the D when you write DmC: DE, or you'll end up with that smile every time LOL

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Well, it's not that confusing because like I said before, the primary fanbase for the Devil May Cry series is a group of people already basically familiar. Unfortunately, Devil May Cry has a hard time garnering new fans.

And do some of you really treat the latest game like its a separate entity? It's still a Devil May Cry game and part of the same franchise despite it being the reboot of the bunch.

DmC: Definitive Edition will now be know as DmC:D Edition.

Dominus

Well, it's not that confusing because like I said before, the primary fanbase for the Devil May Cry series is a group of people already basically familiar. Unfortunately, Devil May Cry has a hard time garnering new fans.

And do some of you really treat the latest game like its a separate entity? It's still a Devil May Cry game and part of the same franchise despite it being the reboot of the bunch.

DmC: Definitive Edition will now be know as DmC:D Edition.
Not saying it's not a part of Devil May Cry series, but that it's not a prequel to DMC3 (and doesn't take place in main DMC time line). Aka it's a reboot/separate Universe which I don't think some people realize, with an example being my cousins.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Not saying it's not a part of Devil May Cry series, but that it's not a prequel to DMC3 (and doesn't take place in main DMC time line). Aka it's a reboot/separate Universe which I don't think some people realize, with an example being my cousins.

Yah I made a thread some time ago about how many people, despite 2 years have passed since DmC release, still think it's a prequel to DMC3, while it's instead a separate universe. Just because "there's Vergil in it" and "his hair turn white at the end".

scionicspectre

I don't know about you guys, but as a 3D artist, I'm hugely excited to see the up-to-date Vergil model. I'm really curious to see how they've made him considering it's been about 7 years. I can imagine them trying to balance modern techniques with making him fit in with the old assets. Then again, like I've said before, the models still hold up today. The faces are slightly less detailed than what we're used to now, but they're about on par with what people expected at the end of the last generation.

Honestly, even if a lot of other people wouldn't notice, a slightly higher quality of artwork (polygon density, higher resolution textures here and there) would really improve the experience for me. Especially if they replaced the polygon-only hair in-game with the alpha-sorted hair from the cutscenes. Even mid-range computers from a few years ago would be able to handle the cutscene models in-game, so that I would love to see. Wow, hyphens.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I don't know about you guys, but as a 3D artist, I'm hugely excited to see the up-to-date Vergil model.

Yup. Even from the teaser I can see that the little bits of clothes visible under the grey cloak are VERY detailed.

And yeah, I expect cutscene quality models into gameplay too.

Viper

Premium
They will use dante's model with no stubble and spiked hair for vergil i assume but with his trademark clothes
That's most logical, though I would miss the stubble on that face. However, it would be most logical choice if his story is set during or after DMC4, since DMC4 Dante does show some signs of aging compared to his 3 version.
If this is Vergil pre-DMC3, they'd have to go for a more boyish model.
Since we know next to nothing what they have in plan, any guess is good.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Hmmm from what I can see of his face in the first teaser, and his body structure in this one, he seems no way younger than DMC3.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
This mod is pretty cool, gives the idea of how Vergil would look like in the actual gameplay:

Jesus, I gotta say that even though it's just a retexture of Nero's clothes, this actually does get me pumped for some Vergil gameplay in DMC4.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
A closer look at the face model.

Face model is simply Nero's. What changes is his hair, which I think the modder has imported directly from DMC3 files, and eyebrows, which look off as hell to me LOL... probably cause they're too thick.

But the overall look sorta gives a general idea of how Vergil's model would look in the game... and I can't wait to see it.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Image from http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/2033/vergilbyar0.jpg.

This is basically vergil just change the clothes

Yeah I know that picture, it's been online for a while. It is a base on which you could expect what Vergil might possibly look like, but unfortunately DMC3 Vergil's hair model doesn't work with DMC4 Dante's face (which will most likely be Vergil's model too), as it's bigger than his DMC3 counter part. So it looks pretty off. Also, the previous teaser shows that Vergil's hair is now shorter, and he doesn't have any facial hair at all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom