• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New teaser for DMC4 Special Edition

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Still no trailer or anything? What's going on? A picture and fat legs of a character I don't care much about is not having me freak out. Seriously, I want Capcom to make me reconsider after the disappointment that was DMC 4 with substantial improvements and new content. Like, now. It's kinda annoying.

I don't see why there shouldn't be anything yet.

Last edited:

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
Still no trailer or anything? What's going on? A picture and fat legs of a character I don't care much about is not having me freak out. Seriously, I want Capcom to make me reconsider after the disappointment that was DMC 4 with substantial improvements and new content. Like, now.

I don't see why there shouldn't be anything yet.

I imagine in the next month or two will get a full trailer and when it comes out it will probably blow forums with loads of comments so be patient and watch this space...we may be in for a surprise as to what's coming soon.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
it's been horrible seeing Dante trying to imitate his brother in vanilla DMC4 such as his body posture just doesn't look at all properly proportionate to how Vergil strikes with Yamato

That was also probably because it was Reuben Langdon doing the movements. While still a hellishly good mocap and action performer, he admitted he's not as good as Daniel Southworth in performing martial arts stances/movements, cause he doesn't have the same training as Dan.

Dan shined during the shooting of the action scenes among the entire cast of DMC3 thanks to his martial arts skills. There's a reason why Johnny Bosch nicknamed him Dan-gerous during the mocap sessions for DMC4, LOL!
And since Vergil is a character that uses a lot of moves inspired by real martial arts techniques, it's obvious that seeing Reuben Langdon performing those moves after seeing Dan doing them in DMC3 is not the same thing.

And that's another thing that I'm hyped about DMC4 SE: the return of Dan Southworth as Vergil. I gotta say, if Capcom, for some reason, didn't bring him back to perform Vergil, I'ma be ****ed. He seems to be born for that role. He did f*cking awesome in DMC3.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I imagine in the next month or two will get a full trailer and when it comes out it will probably blow forums with loads of comments so be patient and watch this space...we may be in for a surprise as to what's coming soon.
Whatever you say. It's still just a Special Edition like 7 years after its initial release only because Capcom is so low on options. DMC 4 needs a massive overhaul. One I probably shouldn't expect from this version but I'm trying to stay cautiously optimistic at least for some needed improvements. The DmC Definitive Edition showed all its guns out the gate and fixed stuff where it counts in a game that was already strong on its own. If DMC 4 doesn't even have half of that work, (considering that's about all the work they put in first time around) it'll be sad. I don't care about Vergil. He's not enough to sell me on it.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
The DmC Definitive Edition showed all its guns out the gate

Cause it was the first one to be released. Obvious.

The teaser was their way to build anticipation for the fans, and open the DMC4 SE actual marketing campaign, which with all probability was meant to start after DmC DE release.
I'd expect a full trailer in a month maybe, and after that, some gameplay stuff.

Honestly, I think it would have been quite... inappropriate to publish a gameplay immediately, and the same day DmC DE launched. After all, it was meant to be the climax of DmC spotlight (even though they managed to overshadow it anyway... sigh, Capcom).

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Cause it was the first one to be released. Obvious.

The teaser was their way to build anticipation for the fans, and open the DMC4 SE actual marketing campaign, which with all probability was meant to start after DmC DE release.
I'd expect a full trailer in a month maybe, and after that, some gameplay stuff.
It's coming out this summer. Why wouldn't they have anything just ready to go right now?

I don't like the way you word your arguments.

Chance, you also need to calm down. DMC4 (and possibly 5) is all there's left. Get used to it.
Foxy's fine dude. And I am calm.

Last edited by a moderator:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
It's coming out this summer. Why wouldn't they have anything just ready to go right now?
Because hype... and reasons.

You have to remember they'd spent a lot of time just fine-tuning Nero's animations (something that even caused delays in development). They're most likely spending just as much time on Vergil's animations (something I care slightly more about than Nero).
Foxy's fine dude. And I am calm.
By saying "obvious" in that way? Personally, I'm uncomfortable with this, Chance. But whatever, that's your arena.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I don't like the way you word your arguments.

Hm? Did I do something wrong? When I said "obvious", I didn't mean to make @Chancey289 look stupid or anything. Sorry if you had that impression, Chance.

Maybe the post looked a bit formal, hence why you got the impression I was using an ironic tone (besides, you can tell the tone of my "voice" from a written post? LOL). But no, it's just the way I write. I could have used a smile I guess xD

It is true, but summer when?

The closest deadline they'd have is June. In that case, 4 months. Enough for them to show stuff, since it is still 1 month more than DmC DE had.

I understand the will some people have to see more substancial stuff, but seeing that there's still plenty of time for the marketing campaign, I wouldn't fret.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Alright then. I understand now.

It'll probably be delayed until fall for... again, reasons. Who knows? Maybe they want to hype it up more. It might even be ready to go right now, for all we know.

Personally, I think Vergil's moveset is already done and Capcom is... waiting. For something. Possibly for the scenario writer to finish up on his part.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Chancey289: Seriously man, enough with the double posting already. You always seem to ignore these warnings, but you won't ignore an official one. So keep that in mind.

And I've said it once, I'll say it again. Some of you might not be feeling it because it's just Vergil. But that doesn't mean you should discredit the fact that a lot of people are looking forward to this, even just for Vergil alone.

There really is no need for a display of animosity.

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
@Chancey289: Seriously man, enough with the double posting already. You always seem to ignore these warnings, but you won't ignore an official one. So keep that in mind.

And I've said it once, I'll say it again. Some of you might not be feeling it because it's just Vergil. But that doesn't mean you should discredit the fact that a lot of people are looking forward to this, even just for Vergil alone.

There really is no need for a display of animosity.

^ What this person said

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@LordOfDarkness My bad, but I don't know how to merge my post after I make it. :/

The only options you have available are to edit your posts. As I explained to Viper earlier on today. If you can't edit your post, just let a member of Staff know what you want added to your posts. That way we can edit your posts accordingly. The option to merge them is only available to Staff. You can request a post to be edited in the Ask the Staff anything thread if you so wish.

scionicspectre

And I believe that Vergil will look like this when the game comes out, and it will get there.

Well, I was mostly talking about the cloak being contributing to the dusty, low-contrast look of the scene. I think the boots, pants, and coat are spot on from what I can tell. However, the man who rendered that graphic you posted used several programs to get to that image, and Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition is clearly still using MT Framework if that teaser was anything to go by.

So, unless they're upgrading everyone's model, it's not going to look quite that good. As far as I know, MT Framework doesn't support physically based rendering or subsurface scattering. Quite honestly, if the existing DMC 4 assets were adapted to a PBR renderer, I'm sure they would look nearly this good already without many more polygons (the models were well optimized). Also, while I don't doubt the hair will look amazing in MT Framework, it will still look comparable to Trish/Lady/Nero/Dante/Kyrie levels of awesome, I think.

So yeah, he's going to look amazing! Just not that amazing. XD

On a separate note, if DMC 4: SE doesn't have as many updates and changes as DmC: DE, I won't be disappointed, because no one ever said it would and I have no reason to expect that it would. They're separate projects, and for me other features are secondary to Vergil being playable and maybe even having some significant portion of new story. An additional playable character with their own story is something DmC: DE cannot boast, and if you look closely at 'all those changes', from a programming perspective they are much more piecemeal and relatively easy compared to adding an entire playable character to a game.

If you can't tell that adding a bunch of modifiers, lock-on, and a survival mode is far easier than creating new content, I'm not surprised that you would value it so little.

Last edited:

Dominus

I'm
Yah I predict we will get a trailer in April (or end of March). Gregaman (Capcom employee) has said repeatedly in DmC streams that each game will get it's time to shine. I mean we saw how hyped people got over the teaser in the first trailer, imagine if they had a full blown trailer at DmC: DE launch? Probably would overshadow DmC: DE and I don't think it would overshadow it because it's better, but because it's fresh new content we have no clue about and the inclusion of a staple DMC character that has been out of the loop since DMC3. While DmC: DE is a remaster that does add a lot of content/reworking, but nothing fresh and shiny like a new character campaign/playable character ( I like shiny things).

Also you have to consider how much the general public knows about the differences between the mainline DMC series and DmC. It actually surprised me when my cousins were confused about where DmC placed in this continuum and they thought DmC was a prequel to DMC3. So adding an full blown announcment of another DMC game on top of DmC: DE would also confuse people not well versed in DMC franchise. Instead these teasers seem to be aimed at fans of the original series who know what's up, and when the full blown trailers start getting released the casual fans can figure out what's up as well (or would have already bought DmC: DE and therefore the confusion won't bring down sales of DmC: DE).

Last edited:
Top Bottom