• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New DmC Trailer.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
This Dante reminds me a lot of the DMC3 Dante, which is my favorite portrayal of Dante. And Dante is a terrorist? SWEET!!
"Terrorist" is the term to use if you are against someone's goals. If you support him than the appropriate term is "Freedom Fighter". You do support Dante don't you?

berto

I Saw the Devil
Everyone's talking about how awesome this was, I don't really see the big deal of it. Some Austin Powers naked jokes, a few new moves and one new demon, I was honestly hoping for more, like a plot. This really has nothing that made me go "SOLD."

Meg

Well, I still think the combat doesn't look as good as in past DMC games, but it gets better with every trailer. So I'm not worried about that.

However. This trailer is terrible. The nudity, the "picked a bad day for a hangover," "sexual deviant"? Are they kidding? And the pose toward the end that is sooooo DMC3 cover is either a forced reference or a slap in the face to the fans that still aren't pleased. Either way, it doesn't work. The line Dante says about his mom is nauseating as well. And the finger? They are trying waaaaaaaaaaay too hard to make this game "cool."

It's obvious I'm not the target audience for this game since I find just about everything in the trailer laughably bad at best. And I had been considering giving it a chance too. Oh well.

Tiran

The great pretender.
Well, I still think the combat doesn't look as good as in past DMC games, but it gets better with every trailer. So I'm not worried about that.

However. This trailer is terrible. The nudity, the "picked a bad day for a hangover," "sexual deviant"? Are they kidding? And the pose toward the end that is sooooo DMC3 cover is either a forced reference or a slap in the face to the fans that still aren't pleased. Either way, it doesn't work. The line Dante says about his mom is nauseating as well. And the finger? They are trying waaaaaaaaaaay too hard to make this game "cool."

It's obvious I'm not the target audience for this game since I find just about everything in the trailer laughably bad at best. And I had been considering giving it a chance too. Oh well.

News flash!!! This may come as a surprise to you, but Devil May Cry has never been subtle with these things. It's always tried too hard to be cool, that's one of it's most enduring traits. It's purposefully over the top, like Dmc should be.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
News flash!!! This may come as a surprise to you, but Devil May Cry has never been subtle with these things. It's always tried too hard to be cool, that's one of it's most enduring traits. It's purposefully over the top, like Dmc should be.
But what about the people who wanted a DMC2 story and tone??

DMC2 SUCKED!!

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I wish Vergil was in that trailer. He and Dante would show that they are from different worlds. Vergil the rich and Dante the poor.

Something also tells me no Christianity in it right?

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one, I was beggening to think I was the odd duck out. I do actually think that this is the worst of all the trailers... Well that sounds wrong, the trailers aren't bad, it's just this one that is no on par with the rest.

The naked jokes are rather Austin Powers meets the Matrix and the lines are kindda forced in a rather juvenile way but I'm going on a limb and saying that this is the objective, to make him rather juvenile to appeal to an audience that age.

While I'm not a fan I still think you shouldn't give up on the game just yet, that was only the beggening.

Dante47

I'm gonna do a run down on this.
Visuals are great, when everything is dragged into Limbo I'm always blown away.
The nude bit and "sexual deviant" disturbed me a lot,
Stupid, cheesy lines. But it is a DMC game isn't it? Those always make me chuckle.
The combat looks great, especially the fact that the Million Stab is returning.
The new demon looks cool, and very DMC like.
Dante giving the finger was funny too.

All in all, not bad. Looks awesome, as a matter of fact.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
The naked jokes are rather Austin Powers meets the Matrix and the lines are kindda forced in a rather juvenile way but I'm going on a limb and saying that this is the objective, to make him rather juvenile to appeal to an audience that age.

Aren't all the jokes in the DMC series forced? XD
Eh, you're right. Whoever didn't like this trailer should wait for the next ones.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
Everyone's talking about how awesome this was, I don't really see the big deal of it. Some Austin Powers naked jokes, a few new moves and one new demon, I was honestly hoping for more, like a plot. This really has nothing that made me go "SOLD."
The big deal is that the other trailers only hinted at what kind of person Dante is but this one shows Dante's personality clearly and unambiguously and proves that on the inside the new Dante is the same as the one we all know and love (Okay, I admit not everyone loved the old Dante but that doesn't change the fact that we now know exactly what to expect from our new half-angelic friend.) and we did get a bit of plot we now know that this Dante does not know who his mother is (and apparently doesn't care) but he knows who his father is (he didn't say anything about the demon calling him "son of Sparda")

Top Bottom