• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New DmC Trailer.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I liked the audio mixing of the trailer, how they mixed the song into the background thought that was great.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Okay so, I got to watch the whole trailer and I got to admit, despite me not liking his new hairdo and him being so much 'younger' making me feel like a sugarmommy, HE'S NAKED!!
Do you guys not understand this?
HE'S NAKED! DANTE IS NAKED! THANK YOU NINJA THEORY FOR FINALLY ANSWERING MY FANGIRL CRAVING!
This also makes me love the peeps who are working on this thing even harder.
With that said.
Seriously.
Did they have to sodomise pizza?
I don't think I'll ever be able to eat pizza without thinking about Dante's shlong looking like a pizza crust now. Which is not very appetising, might I add. Like. Seriously. Ew. Who makes pizza crusts that thick anyway?
I need to shut up before I make myself vomit now.
*gag*
BUT DANTE IS NAKED!
Now I no longer have to be teased by what IS under all of that.
And Reuben was wrong. Dante don't wear no undies, whoohaa.

I loved the ending anyway with him flipping the bird. All I keep thinking is 'Bob's your uncle!' bwahaha.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
demotivational-posters-girl-gamer.jpg

ReRave

smug jerk
I'd rather stick to some techno rather than too much metal. Make it Linkin Park style or something.
Linkin Park is the epitome of screamo. Not much to back up the claim of this game not being emo.
Punk. Especially softcore like Rise Against (Dante seems to be anti-everything from what we've seen so far) or Anti-Flag.
They went the right direction with Combichrist (didn't know them before).

ZeroLove

Linkin Park is the epitome of screamo. Not much to back up the claim of this game not being emo.
Punk. Especially softcore like Rise Against (Dante seems to be anti-everything from what we've seen so far) or Anti-Flag.
They went the right direction with Combichrist (didn't know them before).

Blue Stahli would be awesome for this game.

Tiran

The great pretender.
Wrong type of rock. To jittery. Not focused enough. Something heavier and more layered.

Dante47

Duh, give Dante white hair and have him scream "WHOO HOOO This is one CRAZYYYY PARTY!"

Ah, and almost forgot. Make sure he's a chaste hero who never drinks, smokes or deviates from the path of good and true, expect when killing demons in the most over-the-top way possible.
I'm really sick of goody good characters. Characters who could do anything bad even though they are the "hero" are very interesting. Smoking and drinking have nothing to do with morale either. The story would suck if we could predict everything.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
The game has changed a lot to atone to our criticisms. Good job NT, is all I say. I like the trailer quite a bit.

ZeroLove

I'm really sick of goody good characters. Characters who could do anything bad even though they are the "hero" are very interesting. Smoking and drinking have nothing to do with morale either. The story would suck if we could predict everything.

I completely agree. I also prefer when the main protagonist is on the border between good and evil. The goody two-shoes characters are so boring and predictable.

Reanbell

Your very own star
Oh snap, Reanbell, you got told. You got told good.

oh yes I got told so bad can you tell i am very torn up about it

*shrug* Old Dante sucked.

lol okay

Um dmc4 is recycled gameplay. And if you think Nero has good character development then, i suggest you stay way from anything NT makes because it will be very hard to follow. Dante barely has any back story besides setting up shop and getting his DT. oh yea and vergil, but the continuity is so far off, that you have to just ignore certain facts to actually get wtf is going on. I'm speaking for dmc3-dmc1
And i also think Dante, in every version, has always tried to hard to be "cool".

Yeah it was recycled game play, but I think Nero had very good character development. DMC has always had a big flaw, that being it's plot holes. Unfortunately, Nero's existance partly ties into that. I never got the impression that Dante tried too hard to be cool, before it came naturally. This newer Dante seems to be trying way to hard but like I said, that's just my opinion.

your opinion is your own and i'm not trying to sway it in any direction. I just don't understand how you think origiDante was "cooler" than this Dante, espeically when you haven't played the game yet.

This is a prejudgement of mine, and I'm allowed to have it, lol. A glimpse that was horribly distasteful in every manner of speaking... and the game play trailers haven't been any better. This is just my current view, it could very well change in the future but to tell you the truth I don't have much hope for it. It's not that I think 'origiDante' is cooler, it's that I think he is better character that didn't have to try hard to be something. He was a character a lot of people really loved for a lot of reasons. This new guy just seems like a douchebag.
A good quality hero isn't a stuck up asshole in my opinion. This character appears to generally not give a **** about anything.

Angry is how I felt when I saw the first trailer, maybe a little betrayed, but not offended.

I think angry is a strong word too, but hey, I think it's perfectly fine to feel strongly about different things.

I get the feeling you're trolling us hard.

Yes... stating my opinion on the matter and then you being a jackass to try and share yours with me? That's very mature of you congratulations golden star

I don't want to sound like a douche bag...but remember Dante's sexual innuendo in DMC 4? And I vaguely remember him acting a little...ahem towards Lady before she shot him between the eyes. And Nero flipped Dante off in DMC 4 before he was absorbed by the Savior.
Besides, those quotes kind of show off his personality--trashy. OrigiDante would get "roarin' drunk" and he was a bit of a womanizer.

There's a difference, though. We know Dante actually cares. We know he has been through a lot, and that there's more to him than meets the eye. Nero's placement of it wasn't just to say "**** you Im so badass hurrhurr" it was actually funny and symbolic in an awesomely ironic way, good stuff. This trailer is just full of crap, I can't believe I feel like I'm the only one not buying into this bullshit lol.

. People who call this trailer trash are shyitting themselves.

that doesn't even make sense

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
oh yes I got told so bad can you tell i am very torn up about it

Yeah it was recycled game play, but I think Nero had very good character development. DMC has always had a big flaw, that being it's plot holes. Unfortunately, Nero's existance partly ties into that. I never got the impression that Dante tried too hard to be cool, before it came naturally. This newer Dante seems to be trying way to hard but like I said, that's just my opinion.

New Dante seems more "I do what I want, suck thesz nutz, bitch" type of guy.

This is a prejudgement of mine, and I'm allowed to have it, lol. A glimpse that was horribly distasteful in every manner of speaking... and the game play trailers haven't been any better. This is just my current view, it could very well change in the future but to tell you the truth I don't have much hope for it. It's not that I think 'origiDante' is cooler, it's that I think he is better character that didn't have to try hard to be something. He was a character a lot of people really loved for a lot of reasons. This new guy just seems like a douchebag.
A good quality hero isn't a stuck up asshole in my opinion. This character appears to generally not give a **** about anything.

So original Dante ISN'T a quality hero then by that statement. And yeah, new Dante literally doesn't give a **** about anything cause no one gave a **** about him while he was growing up, being tortured by demons his whole life.

I think angry is a strong word too, but hey, I think it's perfectly fine to feel strongly about different things.

Not strong, just over-exageration.

Yes... stating my opinion on the matter and then you being a jackass to try and share yours with me? That's very mature of you congratulations golden star

Wouldn't it have been more mature to ignore him? Just sayin...

There's a difference, though. We know Dante actually cares. We know he has been through a lot, and that there's more to him than meets the eye. Nero's placement of it wasn't just to say "**** you Im so badass hurrhurr" it was actually funny and symbolic in an awesomely ironic way, good stuff. This trailer is just full of crap, I can't believe I feel like I'm the only one not buying into this bullshit lol.

Funny. Couldn't see that caring side when Credos died. Couldn't see it when Lady told about her sad past. So basically Nero was Dante's first replacement before new Dante. You don't have to watch it, plus, what about it was crap to you?

that doesn't even make sense
Most things aren't.:/

Reanbell

Your very own star
Wow I wish people knew how to quote properly. And there's a difference - I am defending myself. Perhaps it would have been more mature to ignore this entire thread of blithering nuisances being thrown at me, but I felt like I should have said something in return instead of being stepped on like a door matt. Anyway, I feel no point in responding to anything else, I had no idea this fanbase suddenly decided to take a rude approach to things. Disappointing

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
Dramaaaaaa!

Anyway, anyway, what if Dante does something completely unpredictable? What if he's really a bad guy? :eek:

Top Bottom