• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New DmC Trailer.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Oh my God! YES!! In the first trailer, he seemed serious and dark, but in THIS one, he seems pretty cocky and full of himself! Just like DMC3 Dante! And yes, he is like IZAYA TOO!!! I'm sorry! I'm as excited as a Japanese school girl!! DON'T JUDGE ME! I'm EXCITED!

AWW^_^ Look at me all hyped back then. Now I'm calm and happy. Good times... goooood times....What were you guys doing when you found out about this trailer? I was about to go to bed, when I checked my phone and saw "New DmC trailer" and I rushed out of bed, (Hoping not to wake my mother cause it was late) and went straight to my computer!

KnightBatman

Does anyone have a screenshot of Dante right before the "DEMONS" shot? It's when he just put his jacket on and looks to the right. Just thought it was a nice little shot of him. The very last frame before the "Demons" word appears. Thanks to anyone who can provide it :D

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
AWW^_^ Look at me all hyped back then. Now I'm calm and happy. Good times... goooood times....What were you guys doing when you found out about this trailer? I was about to go to bed, when I checked my phone and saw "New DmC trailer" and I rushed out of bed, (Hoping not to wake my mother cause it was late) and went straight to my computer!
SAME.
I was about to go to sleep, and I saw "New Trailer". I geeked hard. Especially at the "son of a bitch" line.

Does anyone have a screenshot of Dante right before the "DEMONS" shot? It's when he just put his jacket on and looks to the right. Just thought it was a nice little shot of him. The very last frame before the "Demons" word appears. Thanks to anyone who can provide it :D

This is the best I could get, sorry :<
tumblr_m3ekzgJzq81qg3cy0o1_1280.png

KnightBatman

SAME.
I was about to go to sleep, and I saw "New Trailer". I geeked hard. Especially at the "son of a bitch" line.

This is the best I could get, sorry :<
tumblr_m3ekzgJzq81qg3cy0o1_1280.png
That's perfect! Thank you x10 for this! And it's fine, I understand that it was the best you could do since it cuts to the "DEMONS" text card very quickly. Really enjoyed how casually Dante adjusted his sleeves when he said "Sweet" and looks back at the action while the ferris wheel rolls away haha

EDIT: And I now have the avatar I've always wanted XD Thanks again man!

ReRave

smug jerk
Isn't that Tim Phillips? If not he resembles him very closely.

Anyway, for all those who didn't hear it yet:
This is new Dante's mocap and voice actor:

tim-phillips-ug-embassy-celebrates-2012-0pG5io.jpg

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
Im surprised...he looks nothing like Dante...while Dante has a monkey face...this person does not.....

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I think they have the exact same bone structure in the face, thats probably where the mo- cap comes in, Because in all NT games, they focus a lot on capturing the actors facial movements, hence, why the two look so simliar.
Dante has a lighter skin tone tho and his dimple in his chin is gone, but other than that, they look just a like.

Like Rueben and origiDante in dmc4

DragonMaster2010

I think they have the exact same bone structure in the face, thats probably where the mo- cap comes in, Because in all NT games, they focus a lot on capturing the actors facial movements, hence, why the two look so simliar.
Dante has a lighter skin tone tho and his dimple in his chin is gone, but other than that, they look just a like.

Like Rueben and origiDante in dmc4

But even Reuben and Dante didn't look 100% alike. While DMC4 Dante looked like an old man trying to be young (and failing) in fashionista clothes, Reuben looked like he still had some years ahead of him.

DragonMaster2010

ive never experienced that in DMC 4
Well Dante's in his 30's in DMC4 and he acts like the Dante of DMC3, who was suppose to be the younger and bratty version of Dante. Now he's 30 something and he's still bratty now. I saw no maturity in him at all. He was more goofy then the badass he was in DMC1 to me, and I didn't like it.

Nelo_Vergil

lets look at the evolution of dante,as i know it

DMC1-cheesy one liners, looking back on them their cheesy and make me cringe from time to time but knows how to have a good time and mature when the situation calls for it
DMC2-dead silent basically hes the mature veteran, this dante i personally believe should have been in dmc4 it really would've been better like this even with the cliffhanger ending which would lead to nero inheirting dantes\spardas legacy.
DMC3-This is pre dmc1 dante just alot less mature but he has some decent character development which shows his upbringing
DMC4-somehow hes older then dmc1 dante and less yes LESS mature, his character development somehow went a$$backwards. but he still shows one dmc2 dante quality that beings hes a veteran....just not silent.

now this is my take on dantes evolution. But thats not considering what his age is. Truth be told if we consider age dmc4 dante seems to be the odd ball out in the group with character development.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I can't help but to agree that Capcom F*&( up Dante's personality in DMC4.

Considering the fact that Dante seemed to be working his way into his DMC2 persona in DMC the anime (which took place shortly after DMC1 and BEFORE DMC4) I think the best route they could have went was to continue the silent and mature Dante inorder to make it make more sense.

But after the fail of DMC2's Dante and how fans actually complained about Dante being so silent I think Capcom just took the cowardly way out and just said f*&k it, lets just go ahead and make him cocky and sarcastic just incase the fans bitch about it again.

After all, we know that DMC2's version of Dante is "currently" the latest iteration of him, so why make DMC4's Dante a cocky sarcastic brat that he was when he was like 18?

Also they should have kept the initial look for Dante for DMC4 (the younger version).

DMC4's Dante actually looked older than DMC2's Dante IMO and that even further complicated things.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I can't help but to agree that Capcom F*&( up Dante's personality in DMC4.

Considering the fact that Dante seemed to be working his way into his DMC2 persona in DMC the anime (which took place shortly after DMC1 and BEFORE DMC4) I think the best route they could have went was to continue the silent and mature Dante inorder to make it make more since.

After all, we know that DMC2's version of Dante is "currenty" the latest iteration of him, so why make DMC4's Dante a cocky sarcastic brat that he was when he was like 18?

Also they should have kept the initial look for Dante for DMC4 (the younger version).

DMC4's Dante actually looked older than DMC2's Dante IMO and that even further complicated things.
yes! i liked this version of dante soo much more than the alec baldwin looking version:
dmccapture1.jpg

Top Bottom