• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mundus Speaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
MGR has better bosses gameplay wise, but DmC blows it out of the water in terms of overall boss awesomeness.

The music, the environment, the sheer size of the damn bosses. So ******* good. MGR puts you against the bosses with just the same type metal that you hear while fighting. The music for the bosses in DmC completely suits them. Heavy, dirty dubstep for ugly Poison, glitch/glitchstep for Bob Barbas' talking head, and aggressive DnB for the Hunter.

While I do think that the music fit the bosses in DmC, I'm really not a fan of dubstep or any kind of "step" music... Even DnB is kinda pushing it for me. Whereas I freaking LOVE metal, and I thought it was neat how the lyrics in the songs would only kick in when the boss was on its last legs in MGR.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
While I do think that the music fit the bosses in DmC, I'm really not a fan of dubstep or any kind of "step" music... Even DnB is kinda pushing it for me. Whereas I freaking LOVE metal, and I thought it was neat how the lyrics in the songs would only kick in when the boss was on its last legs in MGR.

In DmC the battle music is metal and the vocals kick in once you start climbing style ranks.

Go figure.

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Even though the numbers doesn't lie about MGR selling more than DmC? Or is that bullshit too~
gIbUsfE.gif

A game that sells more doesn't make it better. In my opinion I just don't see MGR being anywhere close to DmC in terms of interesting.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
Duke nukem forever
End of conversation

They marketed that game on flash and nostalgia and people were stupid enough to buy it on those merits alone.

Metal Gear Rising actually managed to sell itself despite the immense hate dumped on it by the stupid MGS fanboys crying out on the change of genre change, DmC managed to sell itself despite similar hate dumped on it by similar people who didn't even wait until the game was out before they judged it.

And that's the only real comparison to be made between the two games, both sold despite the fan-dumb pointed at it and in that regard they should both be applauded for being decent enough at what they do to have done so.

Now whoever brought up MGR can god damn well stop, this **** is getting old now.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
might be a little old but.... i recognize that character :O i swear i played a game with him in it but i completely forgot the name of the game
Katawa Shoujo. The best visual novel EVER! (next to Fate, of course)

He's...a complicated character, but not the protag.

Nelo_Vergil

Katawa Shoujo. The best visual novel EVER! (next to Fate, of course)

He's...a complicated character, but not the protag.

i remember not getting any of the girls after a few playthroughs.... thnaks to that SOB i fell off the roof and bleed out...... that's how i remember that bastard.

i LOVE katawa Shoujo though imma redownload it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom