• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Meg's Junk Thread

Meg

Sorry about the poor quality. My scanner doesn't work, so I had to take pictures of them all. :/
Photoon2010-10-28at14232.jpg
I messed up on his left eye. >_<

Photoon2010-10-28at1430.jpg
I :wub: pen and ink.

Photoon2010-10-28at14342.jpg

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Cute pics Meg :wub:

Nero looks adorable (didn't think I'd ever say that! >_<)
I love how you've coloured Lightning's hair - lovely colours.

Ebs

Meg

This is one of my favorite short stories that I wrote. Hope you like it. :$

Eric Stippinson

Eric Stippinson was sitting at his desk typing furiously. The final draft of his ten page research paper was due tomorrow and he was only on page five. He took a handful of chips out of the bag and stuffed them in his mouth without taking his eyes off the computer screen. His eyes were bloodshot and he had to fight to keep them open. He felt like he was going to pass out even with the band As I Lay Dying blasting from his iPod. He yawned and looked at the clock by his bedside. It was after one o'clock in the morning. He groaned and went back to work.

There was a knock at his door, but he didn't hear it. His mom came in and took the ear buds out of his head. Eric turned to look at her with empty eyes. "What are you doing up this late at night, young man? AIM again?"

"I haven't used that in like…three years."

"Then what?"

"Research paper. It's due tomorrow."

She folded her arms and stared down at him. "Is that the one that I kept telling you to work on for weeks?"

"No. That was a different one…" Eric said sarcastically. His mom caught the sarcasm.

"Eric. You need to start caring more about your school work."

Eric didn't respond. He just put his ear buds back in. His mom pulled them out again. "Eric listen to me! You can't keep pushing things off until the last minute! What about college? You haven't applied anywhere. You haven't taken the SAT or the ACT yet."

"I took the PSAT."

"The school made you. Eric. Look at me. You need to-"

"Mom. It's one in the morning. Do we need to have this conversion now? Can't it wait?"

"No it can't! I never see you during the day. Where do you even go after school? You're not in any clubs or sports, or anything that could look good on college applications."

Eric slammed his hand on the desk. "College again! All you care about is college! Maybe I don't want to go! Did you consider that at all? Maybe I don't want to."

"Eric, if you don't go to college you can't get a good job."

"What makes you think I want one of those jobs? I don't! I don't want to work with a bunch of stuck up, fake, ass-holes that all wave their college degrees around."

"People aren't like that at all! Where do you get all this?"

Eric rubbed his temple. She wasn't going to leave him alone. "Alright, sorry. You're right. College is God. People that graduate from some big university are all great people. Sorry. You're right. Now can you go away?"

"Oh, stop. I know you are just saying that so I'll leave."

"And yet, here you still stand. Mom, I gotta work on this!"

"I'll leave as soon as you tell me why you don't want to go to college."

"Because everyone that does is stuck up as hell! They go in talking about all the great stuff they can do with a college education. But that's all they do, talk. Really people just want money! Even doctors are more concerned with money and getting praised than actually helping people. What about all the people that truly want to help out? They don't get any notice, and you know why? 'Cause they don't want it. Everyday people are helping out without other people noticing and those people have enough sense to not go around bragging about it."

"What does this have to do with college?"

"There are plenty of jobs that don't require college."

"Like what?"

"Construction workers! Mechanics! Plumbers, trash men, mailmen, people that work at gas stations! They're all important jobs that don't require a college degree."

"Yes, but-"

"But nothing. My friend Kenny's dad is a construction worker. He's gonna let us work on the site this summer. If I like it, maybe I'll stick with it."

"But Eric the money-"

"Is fine! Mom, all you care about is college. You're so obsessed with me getting some big fat degree and doing some business ****. Business people are some of the worst people in the world. They think they're so great because they wear expensive Italian suits and sign papers and rip people off. They look down on construction workers and plumbers and whatever 'cause you don't need college for those jobs. Plus ya get dirty doing 'em. But you know what? I'd like to see these business people try and build their own home, or fix their own car, or take their own trash to the damn dump. Everyone contributes equally to society. No one is better or superior to anyone else. There are different kinds of smarts, but people seem to think that if you don't go to college than you're an idiot! It's stupid!"

"Eric…"

"What, Mom? What else do you have to say?"

"If you felt this way then why didn't you just say something?"

"Cause you never let me! Whenever I tried to get a word in you'd talk over me."

"Kind of like what you're doing to me right now."

"Yeah. Now, as much as I want to keep talking- and trust me I do- I have to finish this paper or my teacher is gonna freak out."

"Alright…I'll leave you alone, but… One more question."

Eric rolled his eyes. "What?"

"If you don't want to go to college then why are you working so hard on your paper?"

Eric stared at his mother as she left. That's something he hadn't thought of.

The next day while Eric was trying to explain to his teacher why he didn't do his research paper he was called down to the guidance office. He couldn't believe the perfect timing. As he went out of the classroom he heard his teacher call after him, "Get your priorities straight! You won't be able to go college unless you stop being a slacker." Eric went down and sat in the main office until his guidance counselor, Dr. Griffords, called him into his office. Eric sat down in the lumpy chair that was offered to him. His counselor sat down behind his desk and stared at Eric with his dead eyes for a moment. Finally he said in complete monotone, "So…Mr. Stippinson…um…I need to talk to you."

"Really? You mean you didn't want to just have tea, or something?"

Dr. Griffords continued like he didn't hear the comment. "Now, Eric…about your grades…You…you're not doing good."

"I'm not doing well."

"That too………..now um see here Mr. uh…Stippinson…you need to pull up your grades or you can't graduate in the spring."

"I'm a junior this year."

"What? Oh…um…well you still need to pull your grades up. Now um…I've been looking at the courses you picked for next year, and uh… you should rethink your choices."

"Wha ya mean?"

"Well…" Dr. Griffords handed Eric a piece of paper that had his course selections for the next year on them. It read-

Majors:

1. Art Exploration

2. Basic Math

3. Basic English

4. Graphic Design

5. Studio Art

Minors:

1. History of Rock 'n Roll

2. Physical Education

Eric didn't see what was wrong with it. He looked at his guidance counselor and raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"Well…you're not challenging yourself. At all."

"Why should I?"

"Well…'cause colleges-"

"Are you serious?! I put a schedule like THIS together and you think I want to go to college? How stupid are you?"

"Watch it, son."

"Don't call me that."

"Mmm…you need to go to college so you can get a good job."

"No I don't. My friend's dad is gonna let us work at his construction site this summer. If I like it I'll stick with it."

"And if you don't? You need a back up…um…plan."

"My uncle's a mechanic. I work at his garage sometimes. I like it. That's my plan right there."

"Well………….um….you see Mr. uh…Stippinson-"

"How about I go back to class and when you get your thoughts together I'll come back?" Without waiting for a response Eric got up and left. He didn't want to listen to his teacher yell at him for not doing his research paper, but he'd rather do that than listen to this idiot.

As soon as he got home Eric threw himself onto his bed. He put his iPod on shuffle and closed his eyes. After Eric Clapton's "Layla"was over Jimi Hendrix's "Voodoo Child" came on. Eric smiled. He had a poster of both these guys on his wall along with one of Pete Townshend. Eric's dad would complain whenever Eric listened to modern rock music, but he greatly approved of Eric listening to the sixties. It was the only thing they both liked.

Eric had zoned out so much that he didn't realize that his six-year-old brother, Tim, was standing right next to him with a big grin on his face. Eric turned his iPod off and sat up. "Hey, Tim! You seem happy. What's up?"

"Guess!" His brother said.

"Um…you got a hot date?"

"Ew! No, girls are gross and you know it. Guess again."

"You got a good grade on your test?"

"No. I didn't take one in a while. Guess again! Guess!"

"Um…I give up."

Tim took something out of his pocket and showed it to his older brother. It was an orange pencil. Eric smiled. "Hey, you got one today. That's great!" Tim's school had this thing that they do. There's a box in the lobby and if you put a quarter in it gives you a pencil. If you get a purple or white one nothing happens, but if you get an orange one you get a coupon from the principal for a free snack at lunch. When Eric was in elementary school his older sister, Hana, would give him a quarter every week to try and get an orange pencil. He won a few times. He would always get a free cookie and give half to his sister. He really appreciated Hana doing that for him, so he does that same thing for Tim.

Tim handed Eric a paper bag. Inside was half a cookie. Eric smiled and said to his brother, "Thanks, Tim. You rock."

"You're welcome!" Tim answered. "Hey, Eric," he started, "what were you and Mom talking about last night?"

"Ah, did we wake you? Sorry about that. Nah, Mom was just askin' why I was still up."

"Oooh." Tim looked at his feet for a few seconds. "Why were you still up?"

Eric sighed. "I had some school stuff to do. That's all."

Before either could say anymore their mom poked her head in. "Dinner's at five."

"Ok, Mom!" Tim said.

"What are we having?" Eric asked.

"You're father's making salmon."

"Ah…you have to let Dan come over then. That's his favorite." Eric said. Dan is his best friend.

"Oh sure. That's fine." his mom smiled and left. Eric stood up and left his room with Tim trailing behind. Tim went into his own room and sat down on his bed.

"Hey, Eric!" he called.

"Yeah?"

"Can you give me a guitar lesson later?"

"Sure thing." Eric then went down stairs and out his front door. He jogged across his yard to his next door neighbor's house. He knocked on the door and a woman answered.

"Hi, Eric. Dan's upstairs in his room. Go ahead up." Eric thanked his friend's mom and went up to Dan's room. He was about to open the door, but he heard Dan's muffled singing. It sounded like "Misery Business" by Paramore. Dan has a crush on the lead singer. Eric waited for the solo to start because he knew Dan would be playing air guitar. He always looked like the biggest idiot when he did that. Right when it started Eric burst in.

"Oh, ****!" Dan yelled and turned the music off. "Eric! Don't do that man."

"Sorry, it was too easy. Hey, listen man my dad is makin' salmon for dinner." Eric could barely get the words out of his mouth before Dan ran out of the room and flew down the steps. Eric laughed and followed his friend back to his house.

-------------------

The Stippinson family and Dan gathered around the table. Eric's mother put the plate of salmon right in front of Dan who began to drool. Eric sat down in between his little brother and Dan. Eric's dad came in and put a bottle of beer by his plate before sitting down. They all started to eat. Before a casual conversation could start Mrs. Stippinson turned to her husband and said, "Ryan, guess how late your son was up last night."

Eric's dad, Ryan, looked up from his plate. He glanced from his son to his wife and back again before saying. "Late I guess, or you wouldn't have asked."

"Two! TWO in the morning. TWO!"

"I heard you the first time, dear." He then redirected his attention to Eric and asked, "What were you doing?"

"Research paper. I hadn't started yet and it was due today, so-"

"Wait a minute." Ryan cut in. "You had to write how many pages?"

"Ten."

"When did you start?"

"Uh…" Eric wasn't sure. "Midnight?"

"And it only took you until two! That's gotta be a record. Good job, son." Ryan said well aware of the death glare his wife was giving him.

"I actually didn't finish." Eric stated. He moved his chair an inch to the right to get father away from his mother. Mrs. Stippinson inhaled deeply. Everyone knew what was coming. It was the dreaded "Yell of Death" as Ryan calls it.

"WHEN I ASKED YOU WHY YOU WERE EVEN BOTHERING TO DO IT I DIDN'T MEAN YOU COULD JUST STOP! How dare you, son! Have you no SHAME!? You are such a slacker! I don't even know what to do with you anymore! When I was in school I would never be so irresponsible! Those were the best years of my life, and you know why? BECAUSE I WORKED HARD AND IT PAID OFF!"

Eric rubbed his eye. "It's great to know you liked your years of high school better over being a mom. Thanks." He glanced over at his friend Dan. He was too busy eating to care what was going on. Either that, or he was just used to it. Tim sunk into his chair and sighed. This happened almost every night.

"Eric. What do you have against college? I mean you really don't seem to get how important it is." his mom asked.

"That's just it." Eric replied. "It's not important. At least not as much as everyone says."

"Last night you said some pretty terrible things about people that go. You do realize that not only I, your mother, but also your sister went to college and are doing very well."

"Hana's been a bitch ever since getting that scholarship to what's-it-called."

"Don't say things like that about your sister, young man."

"Don't call me that."

"Oh, and why's that, young man?"

"I'm not a 'young man.' I'm just a kid."

"You're seventeen!"

"Exactly."

"Its time you started to act like one."

"You want me to smoke, drink, carry on, and have sex?"

Dan looked up from his food. "Hey." he said to his friend. Eric rolled his eyes.

"Not what I meant, Dan."

Mrs. Stippinson cleared her throat and stated very flatly, "Eric. That's not what I was getting at, and you know it. I want you to start thinking about your future."

"I am. I'm thinking construction or fixing cars."

Ryan nodded his head in approval. "Good fields. You were always good with your hands." His wife gave him another death glare. He redirected his attention to his wife, "What? If he doesn't want to go to college then he doesn't have to."

Ignoring her husband's comment, Mrs. Stippinson turned to Eric. "You like music. Why not go to college for that?"

"Cause if I did I would waste thousands of dollars."

"The college experience has no price."

Eric pounded the table with his fist. "Shut up already!"

"Eric!"

"Stop it, Mom. What is it? What is it about college that so many people agree is great? I told you last night why I don't like it. Now you tell me…why do you like it? Is it 'cause you're life sucks now? Do you regret having kids, or something? Do you miss the parties? What is it?"

"I never partied. I worked hard."

"Good for you, but it's not for me. Get that through your head…if that's possible."

"Go to your room, Eric."

Eric glared at his mother before going up stairs. Dan wiped his mouth on his napkin and looked up at everyone else. "So uh…I guess I'm leaving then." Without waiting for a reply he got up and showed himself to the door.

Eric slammed the door to his room shut and sat on his bed. He turned music on and sat down on his bed. He put his head in his knees and fought hard to keep his face dry, but he failed. Water filled his eyes and rolled down his cheeks. He wiped the tears off and turned the music up. He grabbed his guitar and started playing along. As much as he tried to play over the thoughts roaring in his head they broke through and consumed him.

You slacker!

You need to pull up your grades!

Get your priorities straight!

Eric, you're such an idiot!

He slammed his fist down on his guitar and stopped playing. He turned the music off and laid down and stared out the window at the sunset. He tried to slow he's breathing, but couldn't. For as long as he could remember people pestered him to go to college. Everyone in his family besides his father and uncle pushed him. As soon as he showed a small interest in something it would be the same thing. "If you like science you should go to college for it!" That was when he was seven. At eight he had shown ability in math. "You should become an engineer like you're father!" his mom told him. For years everyone expected great things from him. When he was in middle school he started working in his uncle's garage for extra money. He really enjoyed it and decided that he wanted to be a mechanic. His father always encouraged him to do want he enjoyed the most. When he told him about what he wanted to do his father said, "That's a good idea. Did you tell Uncle Harry? Good. That's a really good choice for you. You might also want to consider construction. You did a great job helping me build that tree house for our neighbor's kids." Eric was excited by his father's approval, but when he announced the news to everyone else he became the failure of the family. Whenever he visited his grandparents they spent the whole time trying to convince him to go to college. His teachers and guidance counselors did the same thing. None of them had any idea how painful it was for Eric to grow up with disappointed eyes staring at him everywhere he went.

There was a knock on the door. Eric got up and unlocked it. Tim was standing there staring up at him. "Eric?" his little brother asked.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Can I come in?"

"Yeah sure, man." Eric stood aside to let his little brother in. They sat on the bed and looked at each other for a few minutes. "Tim…I gotta talk to you about something."

"What?"

"About what went on down there and all. What I said about college…look I've nothing against it. I'm just tired of people pushing me to go is all. Look if you want to go…then go. But promise me if you do…whatever you do, it's gonna be what you want. Don't do anything, or go anywhere if you don't feel comfortable doing it. Okay? It's your life. You be the one tolive it."

Meg

Something I started working on. It's not done yet, but let me know what you think.

Dan Anderson

Hey there. You’re probably wondering who I am. Well I’m Dan, Eric’s best friend. Eric chews up a lot of attention, so its only fair that I have a chance to shine.

Well, ****, what should I talk about? Man, Eric has it easy. All he has to do is open his mouth and magically stuff comes out. Then again he spends way more time whining about **** than anything else. He gave up talking about college since no one really listened to him anyway. He actually got forced into going. He picked sociology as he major for the hell of it, and my God he won’t shut up about it. He keeps going on about society and individualism. I bought him The Fountainhead for his birthday last week because its so damn long I figure that would get him to shut up for awhile. Nope. No, he just tells me all about it.

College for me has been a little different. I’m a chemistry major. I know! I know! I don’t seem the type right? Well join the club. Everyone thinks I’m lying. Well I’ll have you know I’m a straight A student that loves math and science. Stop laughing! Its true, damn it.

That’s not the only thing that’s been different for me. I have a boyfriend now to. I told Eric before anyone else that I’m gay. He’s response was, I kid you not, “Yeah no kidding. I figured that out years ago.” I figured he’d be cool with it, that’s why I told him before anyone else. Plus we’re roommates. Fortunately for both of us he’s ugly as hell. Well its true! Not that I’d be into him anyway. The thought of me winding up with someone like Eric, gross.

Well crap I’m a terrible narrator aren’t I? I need to think of something to talk about. Well, Eric is trying to form an Objectivism club on campus. I think buying him that book was a mistake. It amazes me how well he is doing in all his sociology classes, yet he’s failing everything else. Just goes to show you how smart he is when he tries. I just wish he would try in more areas. I know he’s still kinda bitter about not being able to just work in his uncle’s garage. I’m glad he’s here to be honest. Its nice having your best friend with you at college.

Meg

As it turns out I'm more like Lightning then I thought. >_< We both care deeply for other people, but sometimes have...moments. So I made a sig out of boredom.

MEG.png

The text says,

Like Lightning, tough as nails, caring and compassionate

Devil Hunter 95

Supreme Trickster
I hate to bring this up but isn't there a rule about this?

P.S. I know I seem mean but I only try to keep up with the rules.

Meg

Devil Hunter 95;289867 said:
I hate to bring this up but isn't there a rule about this?

P.S. I know I seem mean but I only try to keep up with the rules.

Rule about what? :huh:

@Eb- Thank you. :)

Meg

Double posting?

Generally yes, that's against the rules, but there are exceptions. Lots of people have their own art/writing threads and double post a lot because a lot of times if I wait for someone to respond before posting the next thing I'd never be able to post again. >_<

I can always ask the staff to clarify though. :)

Meg

Yeah. It can be hard to keep track of it all. :lol:

Ok well I posted the question in the Ask the Staff Anything thread, so hopefully this will all get cleared up. :)
Thanks for asking, I want to know to now.

Meg

She has a mega crush on the original Dante actually. :lol:

EDIT: I put this in another thread, but I figure it might as well be here to.

Photoon2010-11-29at11102.jpg

Awwwwww :)

Top Bottom