• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Meg's Junk Thread

Meg

The Random Ramblings of Garu

Garu, for those of you that don’t know, is one of my OCs. He’s in my FFXIII-2 fic available on fanfiction.net *hint hint* ;) He’s a fun character to write because he’s so stupid, so I thought I’d start something new I my junk thread called “The Random Ramblings of Garu.” Enjoy! :3

-Garu’s POV-

Oh my God Oh my God oh my God OH. MY. GOD! Christmas is coming up and I haven’t found the perfect gift for her yet! Ya see, I’ve been friends with Lightning, you might have heard of her, for a few years now, but now I’ve…..well….I want to find the perfect gift to give her for Christmas. I’m planning on asking her to be my girlfriend and I reaaally want to get her something special. There’s only one problem:

I have absolutely no idea what to get her. I’ve asked my sister to come to the mall with me today to help me pick something out. Unfortunately, my sister is an asshole and kept telling me to get her a ring. Haha, sis, very funny. So instead Lightning’s sister, Serah, will be coming. She wants to find her sister something to. Fortunately we both understand how freaking hard it is to find this girl something! I swear Lightning is as boring as a rock. She doesn’t really like anything!!! Its so frustrating. At first I thought about getting her a nice necklace or something, but Serah got her that lightning necklace she always wears. F*ck little sisters and their gift giving abilities. >_<

Meg

Next chapter to Deception:

Chapter 5

He sat alone with his hand supporting his head. He was watching the fire and listening to it crack. There was a knock on the door and without waiting for a response the Major came in. The man sitting down looked at him briefly before returning his attention to the fire. “Tell me something, Andrew, have you ever gone against me?”
“No, Your Majesty. Of course not.”

“Will you ever?”

“No, Your Majesty, never.”

“So when I give you your orders you will follow through without question?”

“Of course, Your Majesty. As I always have.”

“Kill them all.”

Andrew dropped to his knees. “Your Majesty must not think she has betrayed us!”

“Do you recognize what I asked you first?”

“Yes. The oath we have all taken.”

“You have both broken it. You, just now by questioning me after you promised you wouldn’t. Her, by not killing Provic. I don’t have patience for people like that.”

“Please, hear me speak!”

The man sitting in the chair rubbed his temple. “As you wish.”

“Provic is with them. In order to deliver the Key safely she must have her trust. Provic must also live for now in order to keep the resistance’s trust.”

“She never had their trust.”

“She has Provic’s and the resistance follow him more then Fredrick. People mutter, ‘Provic will be king.’ to each other. There was no response. “Your Majesty! King Tannemy, Chosen Ruler of Alcinde, will not be fallen!”

Tannemy stood up and knelt by Andrew. “Rise, Major. You have convinced me of your loyalty. I apologize for ever doubting you. Now convince me of her’s.”
“She has served you well, with unwavering dedication, right from the start. Who put an end to Lord Husvn? Lord and Lady Duskin and their children? Who silenced our enemies in Frugnvid?”

“Her name? What of that?”

“What name?”

“She has a name that is in the hearts of all that oppose me.”

“A name proclaimed to none is a name not owned’.”

Tannemy smiled at the Major’s quoting a Alcinde classic and sat back down. “You calm me like no one can.” He waved his hand over to the chair across from him and the Major sat down. “I still see him sometimes. Grinning at me. Plotting against me.”

“He’s gone now.”

“His daughter’s still here.”

“She is your friend.”

Tannemy rubbed his temple again. “There’s something about her. She’s has too much of her father in her. When I look at her, I see him.” He smiled to himself. “The truth will break her. When she finds out she’s a clone of that man…”

“Your Majesty?”

“Something’s rotten…”

Andrew leaned forward. “What’s wrong?”

Tannemy curled his fingers into a fist. “He’s laughing from the other side.”

“You Majesty?”

“He’s sending his daughter after me to get revenge.”

“Richard.” Andrew said flatly.

Tannemy snapped out of it and looked at the major as if he was a stranger. “Well, keep an eye on them. Give me updates.”

Andrew stood up and bowed before leaving. Tannemy resumed his position from before as if no one had disturbed him. Once he was sure Andrew was far enough away to hear Tannemy said to himself, “Derik Provic. Fredrick Forran. Zu’Coni of Vanue. Which of you is more dangerous?”

-----------------------------

Zu’Coni was waiting outside. Maria didn’t understand how urgent this was. Derik was bust trying to get her to hurry up and get ready. At this rate they’d be lucky if they were able to leave that night. She started tapping her foot impatiently. If Maria was going to act like this the whole way…

Finally they came out of the inn. Zu’Coni crossed her arms and raised her eyebrow. “Do I want to know what took so long?” she asked softly. Maria gave her a confused look. Zu’Coni seemed a lot calmer, like her old self. If she was trying to confuse Maria she was doing a great job.

“Alright, well come on.” Zu’Coni turned and started walking down the street. Derik eyed her and followed. He was going to keep a close watch on her. Very close. Maria sighed and followed. After a few minutes she called to the officer. “You said we are going to Naguind. Why?”

Zu’Coni replied without looking back. “My aunt and uncle live there. You can stay with them until you find another place to live.”

That would make sense if Belain had burned down before Zu’Coni kidnapped her. Maria wasn’t fooled. “You knew Belain was going to be attacked. Didn’t you?”

Zu’Coni looked behind her. Maria had stopped walking. Derik put her arm around her. The officer turned and walked up to her. She lifted Maria’s chin so they were looking at each other in the eyes. Maria darted her gaze away. “Look at me.” Zu’Coni said sternly. Maria looked at her. Her eyes were so dark she had to look hard to see the difference between the pupil and the iris on a gray background. At first glance one might mistake her eyes to be solid black. Like an animals. Maria winced.

Zu’Coni looked at her carefully. Derik’s gripped around his daughter tightened. “I’m here.” he whispered.

“By the time this is over,” Zu’Coni started “you will learn things about all of us here, including yourself, that will change the way you see us as and yourself forever.”

Derik’s eyes widened. “Stop it.” he pulled Maria closer to him. “You will not poison her anymore.”

Zu’Coni glared at him. “Poison? I’m not the one that has kept her away from-”

“I said stop!” Derik’s voiced thundered in the night. Zu’Coni looked at him with her
eyebrows raised.

“Fine.” she said and started walking again. Maria looked at her father to the scormada and back again. She had no idea what had just happened, but she figured it would be better to not ask. She really wasn’t sure if she could trust Zu’Coni anymore. Which pained her because they had known each other for so long.

They reached the edge of the town and the Shadow Forces officer that was on duty was asleep at the gate. Zu’Coni glared and walked up to him. She raised her fist and banged the wall right above his head. The man jerked awake and looked around. He saw Zu’Coni looming over him and jumped. “M-my apologies Lieutenant!” he said as he stood up and went to open the gate for them. “Have a safe trip.” he called has they exited. Zu’Coni rubbed her temple and sighed. Idiot.

They were soon on the road. Do to the rising crime in the kingdom it was very suspicious to travel at night. Several travelers were asleep on the road. Some of them woke as the group walked past, but one look from the dark Shadow Forces officer put them back to sleep again.

Zu’Coni felt Derik’s eyes on her. She smiled slightly before returning her attention to the forest surrounding them. The moonlight shone down through the trees briefly illuminating each of their faces before returning to the darkness. Maria stayed close to her father. Alone in the woods surrounded by shadows made her suspicious of the lieutenant again.

They had walked for several hours without speaking much. Derik occasionally asked Maria how she was feeling, if she needed rest. Maria, while getting tired, dared not ask Zu’Coni if they could stop. Finally Derik had had enough. “Lieutenant.” he called.

Zu’Coni stopped and turned to look at him. “Yes?”

“Maria is exhausted. We need to stop.”

Zu’Coni eyed Maria carefully. “We only have another two hours until sun rise.” she then continued forward.

Derik glared at her. “No.” he spat. Zu’Coni stopped again. She was about to respond when something caught here attention.

“Fine.” she said and wandered off to the side of the road. Maria sighed in relief and sat down.

Derik didn’t share his daughter’s relief. What had caught Zu’Coni’s attention? He started to follow her when Maria pulled him back. “Don’t leave me.” she whimpered. Derik looked at her sadly and nodded. They sat down on the ground huddled together.

Zu’Coni didn’t have to walk long before she saw Major Andrew. He was leaning on a nearby tree, waiting for her. She approached him and saluted. He nodded to her and stood up straight. He looked at her in the eyes and said very flatly, “You didn’t kill Provic.”

“I know.”

“I know you know. What I want to know is why.”

“I’m sorry, Sir. Its just that Maria-”

“What about her? You should of killed him right away, then stole Maria before she had time to think. You’ve successfully instilled fear in her, but now that’s working against you because not only did you let Provic live, but now he’s caught up with you. You’ve lost your touch, Miss Lieutenant.”

“Sir, I-”

“His majesty thinks you have betrayed him.”

“Never!”

“Then prove it.”

“But the Resistance!”

“What?”

“He’s the only thing keeping the Resistance from swarming myself and Maria.”

“The Resistance is nothing but a fly. Swat at them enough and they’ll go away.”

“Don’t underestimate Forran.”

“Forran? Fredrick Forran? That man leads the Resistance in name only and you know it.”

“Major-”

“If you don’t I will, Miss Lieutenant.” he said as he left. Zu’Coni watched him go before returning to the others. She knew he meant it.

Meg

The Random Ramblings of Garu (continued)

OOOOOOH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH! This is sad. So I was at the mall with Serah for TEN days and I couldn't find anything. She did of course. Within the first few hours no less. She got her Kirby's Epic Freaking Yarn and ran home. Apparently Lightning found it and has been playing it to no end, so now Serah is back to try and find her something els-

Hey wait a second! There she goes running away again. And she bought something else! HEY! Get back here you little-

Sorry. Ok ok ok ok. Soooo now what? Its what the 22nd? Wait. O_O THE 22ND?!?!?!?!!!!!! SSSSHHHHHHHHHH**************TTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!

Forget it! I've been here for days. I haven't showered or slept. Forget it. The next thing I see that reminds me og Lightning I'm getting it. Awww who am I kidding? EVERYTHING reminds me of her. Damn it. I should just give up. She'd never want to be my boyfriend anyway.

-------

Ok so I bought her a stuffed animal Odin. Its really cute and I know she likes cute stuff sooo....

I also got a bag and some tissue paper. I hope she likes it-

I BOUGHT HER A STUFFED ANIMAL DAMN IT! That does not say "will you be my girlfriend" that says "Hi, uh, I couldn't think of anything to get you, but I know you like Odin, so I got you this.

*heaves sigh* Wish me luck...

Meg

The Random Ramblings of Garu (continued)

So you guys are probably wondering what happened with me and Light. Well I've have you know she said yes! YES! She opened up her present and blushed. She hugged the stuffed animal Odin and smiled slightly, still bushing. She looked so cute! :wub: She then came over and gave me a kiss on the check. Then it was my turn to blush. Ok ok ok so I fell over. But whatever! We've been dating since Christmas day. In fact I'm about to go pick her up and we're gonna go have a picnic.

-----------

She brought my gift with her! She sat there on the picnic blanket with the toy in her arms. We sat there for hours after we finished eating talking. Just talking. She's such a sweet heart! :wub: :wub: :wub: I hardly ever see this side of her. She's usually all business and toughness and all, but today! Ahhh....I'm so happy. I finally got the girl of my dreams.

Ah crap, now what should I ramble about? o_O

Meg

With the recent announcement of Final Fantasy XIII-2 I called up star, Lightning Farron, and requested an interview. She accepted and I went to meet her at her apartment. To no surprise at all it was the most OCD clean apartment I have ever seen in my life. After being let in by her sister, Serah, I found Lightning sitting on the couch in jeans and a sweatshirt reading the newest issue of Game Informer, drooling over the Uncharted 3 screens. I like this girl already. After making some small chat for a while we got into the interview.

Q: So now that Final Fantasy XIII-2 has been announced-

A: Wait what?

Q: XIII-2? The direct sequel that features you in some weird place wearing some stupid armor?

A:……..What?

Q: *shows trailer*

A: What. The. F***? Sequel! What sequel?! Who the HELL is that? That's not me. It can’t be! I haven’t been in any games since the FIRST game came out.

Q: Wait, what about Dissidia 2?

A: What’s Disidiot?

Q: Diss-id-ia.

A: Um…..no. Not a clue what that is either.

Q: Ooook then! So uh-

A: What the **** is Square doing? They can’t just replace me with some look a like! Ya see, when I was hired to star in FFXIII I was under the impression I would be, you know, the star. But according to the -3 point font on page 587, section 18, paragraph 30 I would only be the star for half the game and then some other lady would come in and take over. Needless to say I was p*ssed and was about to pull out, but I needed the money so I just went with it. Since we finished shooting I tried to find another job in the game industry, but this job market sucks! I’ve been working as a mailman (or I guess really a mailwoman) and a secretary all this time. I haven’t heard from Square since!

Q: Sooo…

A: And let me tell ya, its been rough! Oh sure, I can fax better than anyone and deliver mail like awesome, but its not what I want to do with my life! I should be in games. I was made to star in some epic story. FFXIII was just a way of getting out there, but thanks to this failing economy I can’t get a job anywhere. So I’m stuck delivering mail and typing up office memos.

Q: Well, actually I have an opening in one of my new stories. The working title is “The Summoner.”

A: What platform is it for?

Q: It’s a novel.

A: Like an interactive graphic novel?

Q: Like Microsoft Word.

A: Oh…how…how much does it pay?

Q: I’m in college. How much money do you think I have?

A: Oh God.

Q: So….you in?

A: Pfft! Like I have anything better to do. Sure, I’ll do it.

Q: Ok good! Oh and, just so you know, I already wrote several stories staring you. Including a FFXIII-2 fic and some AUs. Ok? Ok great. *leaves*

A: Wait what? HEY! What the hell are you talking about?! HEY! HEY!

Meg

^ Who, you mean Lino? Ok, so it doesn't have the same ring to it as Dino, but I think its funny all the same. XD

And thanks. :D

aka958

Don't trust people
Cool story. :D

Although I think I have to agree that Lightning in that armor looks kind of fail in my opinion. It just doesn't fit her. It's just not "Lightning". Not through a single part of FFXIII would that armor fit her, it doesn't look like something for her.

But this has been done before. FFX-2. I loved that game with it's awesome mini-games and gameplay. Yuna although looked quite different and acted a whole lot differently. Rikku, she wasn't like that either. <_<
Hope they haven't changed Lightning to who she is at least.

Meg

More XIII-2 satire! :lol:

Don't Mess With Lightning!

Hope was sitting at the computer minding his own business. He went onto Games Radar to get the latest game news when he saw-

“Lightning!” he yelled on the top of his lungs.

“Yeah?”

“Get in here!”

Lightning came over and he got up, so she could sit down. “What am I looking at?” she asked rather apathetically as she rubbed her eye.

“Look!” Hope yelled and pointed to the screen. It was an article about the recently announced direct sequel to Final Fantasy XIII. He played the trailer and Lightning stared at it blankly. After it ended she was still staring at the screen in confusion. Eventually she let out a-

“What the hell is that?”

“That’s the new you I guess.” Hope replied.

“No it isn’t. Not if I have anything to do with it.” Lightning got up and grabbed her gunblade and stormed out of the house.

She drove to where the new game was supposed to take place. She saw the two figures, Lino and some other person who she couldn’t tell if it was a guy or a girl, fighting. She slammed on the gas and sped toward them. The two idiots noticed her and got out of the way just in time before Lightning spun her motorcycle at them and jumped out, landing next to it with her weapon in hand. She waltzed over to Lino, who was lying on the ground.

“So…you think you can just replace me, huh? Well, that’s not how it works.” She said and pointed her gun at Lino. “Sorry, no hard feelings, right?” Lightning smirked and was a bout to pull the trigger when she realized who Lino was. “S-s-Serah?!” Lightning’s gun fell out of her hand and landed on the ground.

“Hi, Sis!” Serah smiled as she stood up.

“What…what the f***?!” Lightning gapped at her little sister. “What are you wearing?”

“Oh! You like?”

“No I don’t ‘like’! What’s going on?”

“Remember how Square Enix wanted to make a XIII-2, but you said know? Well they got me to play you’re part instead! We look enough alike, right? And with makeup and all I’d say it’ll work.

“You’re kidding.”

“Nope.” Serah smiled broadly.

“Son of a bitch.” Lightning sneered and got back on her motorcycle and drove away. She sped down the highway toward the place that was behind it all. Square Enix. As she got closer she drove off the road and faced the building. Without stopping she sped toward it. She pushed a button and held on as her motorcycle transformed into and a hover bike. She flew into the air leaving a very jealous Snow behind, muttering about how his bike can’t do that.

She used her vehicle’s Garmin to locate where the FFXIII-2 development room was. “Continue for .1 miles then turn right.” Lightning did as she was told only to hear the dreaded, “Recalculating.”

“Oh shut up! Forget it. I’ll just guess.” She flew down at top speed and crashed through the roof and landed right in the middle of the room, breaking the meeting table in half. She hopped off and looked around the room. A sign read “Final Fantasy XIII-2 development.”

“Oh perfect.” Lightning smirked and turned her attention to the game designers who were cowering in fear in the corner. One of them said something in Japanese and the rest chuckled. “Nomura.” she whispered. That had to be him. She walked over to them, her gun ready.

“So…you all are the masterminds behind XIII-2.” she paused for a moment. “Big mistake there. You see, no one messes with Sgt. Claire ‘Lightning’ Farron. And you know why?” she pointed her gun at them and they all started whimpering. “Because I don’t take to kindly to bull s***. So…who wants to go first?”

“WAAAAIIIT!!!!!!!” someone called from the hall.

Lightning wheeled around to face the intruder. It was Hope. He came in panting and stumbled over to Lightning. “Did you…run the whole way here?” she asked him and he nodded. “Why?”

“Because! You can’t kill the SE guys! The game isn’t that bad. In fact, you look really-”

“That is not me.”

“Well, whoever it is. She looks really...oooh.” Hope blushed and started giggling.

One of Lightning’s eyes started twitching as she realized what he meant. “Hope. You are 14. You shouldn’t say stuff like that.” she then turned back to the developers only to realize they had slithered out of the room. “Damn it, Hope!” she grabbed her hover bike and jumped on and sped down the hall. She saw Nomura and the others cram into the elevator. She got off and threw her bike at them and it got stuck in the door right as it closed. She could hear the sounds of them crying as they climbed out of the emergency hatch. She blasted a whole in the wall with her gun and climbed onto the top of the elevator. She snapped her fingers and her anti-gravity thing turned on. She jumped up and soared through the shaft after the developers as they climbed up the cable.

She flew past what looked like a group of toys trying to climb up the wall. The leader saw her and sighed. “Of course! What was I thinking? My anti gravity turbo!” he pressed something on his belt and let go of the wall. “To infinity….and BEOND!”

Lightning made a mental note to herself to get a CAT scan after this was over.

She blasted through the ceiling and landed on the roof, face to face with the developers. Nomura made another joke and they all chuckled again. “What the hell are they talking about?” Lightning muttered. She stormed up to them, corning them at the edge of the building. “Alright. That’s enough.” she said and pointed her gun at them all. “Cancel XIII-2, or else.”

They all exchanged glances before nodding vigorously. “Good.” Lightning lowered her gun and jumped off the roof, landing gracefully on the ground below thanks to her anti gravity thing. She brushed herself off and walked away.

---------Some time later---------
Lightning was on the computer and decided to check Games Radar. Right on the home page was brand new info on none other than

Final Fantasy XIII-2.

“Son…of…a…bitch.” she rubbed her forehead and decided that going through all that again just to get Square to cancel the game wasn’t worth it. So instead she logged onto her favorite forums, devilmaycry.org, “Let’s see…” she said to herself “Sign in…username, Meg.”

;)

EDIT: Darn it! Double posted. >_<

Lightning: Fail.
Meg: Shut up! ;_;

Top Bottom