• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

MAJOR SPOILERS! ENDING SHOWN HERE

Dante94513

I too expect more from this ending. It's felt a little rushed and depressing. But I still loved it (it was better than DMC2 and 4's ending). I can understand from that point where not only did Dante started to grow, but has lost the only relative he has and almost started to lose his motivation again ("I don't know how I am anymore"). He finally found his brother after all those years only to find out later he is not what he seems. This is the time when they both have different paths and separate. It's not as happy nor cheery as the endings in the other games, and doesn't give a message but I thought it fits in the context of the game. The boss fight looks like it's on easy. I don't mind the cutscene interrupting, but I'll be honest, doesn't look as hard as Credo in DH. So I'll start on Nephelim. Still may point still stand that the build up to that boss fight was awesome.

OblivionDante

"Let's Rock!"
Alright..I want to like this game but how can anyone like that ending..? I mean seriously someone said it was better then DMC3..you guys have completely lost it. The fight to start with..was just..god..wtf did they do to the masterpiece Vergil 3 battle? Reviews are saying this is the only good boss fight to top it off and this is the best?! Why do they even fight? Vergil didn't say "I'm gonna enslave all the humans ha ha ha" No he said they rule over them...not something I impale my long lost brother over...then..Vergil..just leaves and that it? I really really hope the rest of the game is far better then this.

OblivionDante

"Let's Rock!"
I too expect more from this ending. It's felt a little rushed and depressing. But I still loved it (it was better than DMC2 and 4's ending). I can understand from that point where not only did Dante started to grow, but has lost the only relative he has and almost started to lose his motivation again ("I don't know how I am anymore"). He finally found his brother after all those years only to find out later he is not what he seems. This is the time when they both have different paths and separate. It's not as happy nor cheery as the endings in the other games, and doesn't give a message but I thought it fits in the context of the game. The boss fight looks like it's on easy. I don't mind the cutscene interrupting, but I'll be honest, doesn't look as hard as Credo in DH. So I'll start on Nephelim. Still may point still stand that the build up to that boss fight was awesome.

Better then Dante just riding into hell..ok ill give ya that. Better then DMC4 where we get to see Nero's and Dante's story all wrapped up nicely and giving a taste of what could of been back at the office. I'm sorry..no..just no DMC4 ending is MILES better then this crap.

Gbraga

I sensed some major «Assassin vs Templar» vibe in this ending.
This too, but I first thought of Code Geass. It's exactly like the Lelouch vs Suzaku conflict

Alright..I want to like this game but how can anyone like that ending..? I mean seriously someone said it was better then DMC3..you guys have completely lost it. The fight to start with..was just..god..wtf did they do to the masterpiece Vergil 3 battle? Reviews are saying this is the only good boss fight to top it off and this is the best?! Why do they even fight? Vergil didn't say "I'm gonna enslave all the humans ha ha ha" No he said they rule over them...not something I impale my long lost brother over...then..Vergil..just leaves and that it? I really really hope the rest of the game is far better then this.
I also thought Dante went a little bit too far. Just chill out, dude.

Azurel

"THIS IS WHAT I LIVE FOR! I'M ABSOLUTELY CRAZY ABOUT IT!!!11111ONEONE1111!!!!!1111!!"

Yes, so much better than DmC's ending.

WHAT WAS I THINKING?? :ermm:

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Yeah guys let's talk about one aspect of the ending that nobody has really talked about.
So what was up with Dante's eyes!? Does this hint at a sequel where he unlocks his full devil trigger?

crush

It's already going damn ugly.
Just saying "I respect your opinions" is easy on the net.

Well for me that is, Vergil did care about mankind. But he wasn't in the humans viewpoint.
I think that Vergil or Dante would have done similar after this.
But it matters how human you are

Devil Player

Damn it, I couldn't resist!!! Why didn't I go to bed? Why??? :)

That being said, I think the scene was ok as a whole. I think some people are judging way too much that part, though. That's not the ending, it's just part of it. Everything starts with Mundus fight. We need context, focus on what came before.

I liked the way that Vergil and Dante both respect themselves. I also liked there wasn't any swearing in the scene ( take that, haters). At least, I didn't hear anything related to that.

The fight was easy, but then again, he could be playing human difficulty...So, there are plenty of different modes to choose eventually...

I think what's bad is the fact that it's the only fight between both. Game should have been longer, with maybe more 6 levels, so we could see more about their conflict. I also missed Dante's shop. Maybe in DmC 2, he'll start his business.

I also think there is going to be something post credits. The guy cut the video suddenly....I bought the game and I don't regret it. :)

Come closer, DmC!!! :)

Top Bottom