• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lady, WTF

berto

I Saw the Devil
Well a random demon attack happened out of nowhere I doubt a city of random civilians would be prepared and fight back its like if an army attacked or invaded an unsuspected city the civilians wouldn't have been able to fight them back that easily. Plus in a city of innocent priority is to evacuate the civilians and prevent as much casualties and eradicate the invaders later. Plus the demons may have outnumbered them in sheer numbers.
Random citizens, maybe, but like I said Dante lives in a violent place, there are bound to be a lot of armed 'civilians' in that city. I might be willing to believe the people fled the city in a panic over the giant tower raising from the ground but I am not going to pretend that what Lady wasn't out of skill or are you going to tell me any rank amateur can reload her guns like this:

Plus just cause some demon mooks are pushovers to a chick who may be inexperienced despite show casing above human feats doesn't mean humans aren't pushovers as well. I mean Lady could take down Mark Henry with those acrobatics and weapons.
And what kind of pushover can do acrobatics mid gun fight? As shown in the game the only thing you need to become a demon hunter is a gun, if that's the case then why are they such a thread and not an endangered species?

Plus Lady is one human, she doesn't speak for the entire human race neither does some demons speak for the entire demon race.
How about a tower full of them.

Let's face it, she kicks ass however you look at it. She isn't weak nor is she without training. If you tell me that she isn't strong or well trained compared to Dante then maybe I'll buy it but the things she can do aren't mediocre. compared to Dante, who has been learning to fight since he was a child, Lady only started after her mother's death so if you tell me there is a gap between the two I'd believe that but to say that she has"little training and even less power" is BS and the scenes she is in all prove that.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Random citizens, maybe, but like I said Dante lives in a violent place, there are bound to be a lot of armed 'civilians' in that city. I might be willing to believe the people fled the city in a panic over the giant tower raising from the ground but I am not going to pretend that what Lady wasn't out of skill or are you going to tell me any rank amateur can reload her guns like this:

And what kind of pushover can do acrobatics mid gun fight? As shown in the game the only thing you need to become a demon hunter is a gun, if that's the case then why are they such a thread and not an endangered species?

How about a tower full of them.

Let's face it, she kicks ass however you look at it. She isn't weak nor is she without training. If you tell me that she isn't strong or well trained compared to Dante then maybe I'll buy it but the things she can do aren't mediocre. compared to Dante, who has been learning to fight since he was a child, Lady only started after her mother's death so if you tell me there is a gap between the two I'd believe that but to say that she has"little training and even less power" is BS and the scenes she is in all prove that.

I guess they meant to say inexperienced to Dante/Vergil or perhaps that was a translation error or the translators taking privileges. It was in DMC3 files and not in game text.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I guess they meant to say inexperienced to Dante/Vergil or perhaps that was a translation error or the translators taking privileges. It was in DMC3 files and not in game text.
thats what i'm thinking. it might actually be something to that effect but we are ether misunderstanding or we are getting a translation mixup.

at the same time maybe we're the ones getting it wrong.it says she has no training or power, maybe by power it means she isn't physically strong, not related to any hederatary attributes she might've gotten from her family. as for training, well maybe she is just that good, she might have other skills she translated into her combat.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
thats what i'm thinking. it might actually be something to that effect but we are ether misunderstanding or we are getting a translation mixup.

at the same time maybe we're the ones getting it wrong.it says she has no training or power, maybe by power it means she isn't physically strong, not related to any hederatary attributes she might've gotten from her family. as for training, well maybe she is just that good, she might have other skills she translated into her combat.

She may have been an acrobat or did acrobatics before taking up Devil Hunting. I have seen acrobats pull off the same tricks Lady pulled off and then some (bless those super hot Chinese acrobats) so that make sense.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

She may have been an acrobat or did acrobatics before taking up Devil Hunting. I have seen acrobats pull off the same tricks Lady pulled off and then some (bless those super hot Chinese acrobats) so that make sense.

seraphmaycry

i doubt lady was that extreme an acrobat, also, isnt that in a way training? and lady dosn't seem old enough to be able to perform that stuff, even by extreme standards, even with some sort of natural bosst she probably cant have been able to pack in enough training for pro level(maybe she could, im no expert, but it seems unlikely). and what about her extreme skills? an acrobat can do ladys flips, but an acrobat can reload like lady, lady probably wouldn't have gotten enough sleep to properly stand to learn that stuff in how many years? if we place her age at 16-18 and said she started at what, 6(if not less)? yeeeah, that's alot of training, and a lot of overwork that is probably not a good thing.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
i doubt lady was that extreme an acrobat, also, isnt that in a way training? and lady dosn't seem old enough to be able to perform that stuff, even by extreme standards, even with some sort of natural bosst she probably cant have been able to pack in enough training for pro level(maybe she could, im no expert, but it seems unlikely). and what about her extreme skills? an acrobat can do ladys flips, but an acrobat can reload like lady, lady probably wouldn't have gotten enough sleep to properly stand to learn that stuff in how many years? if we place her age at 16-18 and said she started at what, 6(if not less)? yeeeah, that's alot of training, and a lot of overwork that is probably not a good thing.

No dude, most gymnasts and acrobats get expert before they even hit puberty. That's why the Olympics is full of teen girls competing in gymnastic category, or those shaolin monks that start balancing on spears and chairs when they're kids, or the stuntmen and martial artists in kung fu films who are also accomplished acrobats pretty often too. Check out the ages they start at. You have to do that stuff young to get that good and stay flexible, you can't start older.

We don't know a lot about Lady, it's not unreasonable she just happened to be into gymnastics as a child.

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I think it's just another Capcom inconsistency, really. She was pretty young in DMC3, but judging by the cutscenes, she's far from being your run-of-the-mill human. I imagine as she gained more experience and maturity, she became even stronger. Compared to Dante and Vergil, of course she doesn't fall into the same category-but she was still a strong character.

Lol, oh Capcom; you and your damn inconsistencies and plot holes... :p Where did you read the bio on her, by the way? Sorry, too lazy to read all three pages of the thread. XD

Edit: Okay, caught up on most of the thread. I'm guessing the file you refer to comes with Devil May Cry 3. I haven't gone through the booklet for my HD Collection, so I'm not sure if the same things are stated about Lady, there.

In any case, I agree about the whole Gloria thing as well. I think they were trying for an air of mystery, but it just came off as obvious to me. I had a feeling it was Trish all along.

Also in regards to Trish's face-I thought it was just me! I like all three of the female characters in DMC4 to be honest. I love the differences in their personalities.

Likewise about Lady-I do feel like they lowered and debased her slightly, but I'm actually not all that offended by the amount of cleavage. Because beyond her boobs being prominent, Lady still came off as her usual intelligent, slightly manipulative self (let's face it, she manipulated Dante into taking care of things for her; that being said, she's clearly not as aggressive as she was in 3 since she's done a lot of growing up. How else did Dante get away with his little quip at the end, otherwise?) ;) Anyone who doesn't understand why her boobs are bigger in 4 compared to 3: keep in mind, she was pretty much a kid in 3. By 4, she's a full grown woman, so naturally, boobs got bigger.

Anyway, that's my two cents on the subject. Gotta love Capcom and their many contradictions. Though you have to wonder...maybe some of that is intentional.

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
They were taking tips from Team Ninja.

I'm still flabbergasted by how they did that.

Um...wow. That's some technology we have these days.

But I wish Capcom did actually take cues from Team Ninja when it comes to making their characters attractive. Because if I'm suppose to believe that these girls
DMC4_Girls_Wall_by_shulaii.jpg

are hotter then THESE beautiful women
the_ultimate_bikinis___dead_or_alive_5_ultimate_by_leifang12-d6c37zd.jpg

Just-Sheldon-D-sheldon-cooper-31938618-500-226.gif

seraphmaycry

No dude, most gymnasts and acrobats get expert before they even hit puberty. That's why the Olympics is full of teen girls competing in gymnastic category, or those shaolin monks that start balancing on spears and chairs when they're kids, or the stuntmen and martial artists in kung fu films who are also accomplished acrobats pretty often too. Check out the ages they start at. You have to do that stuff young to get that good and stay flexible, you can't start older.

We don't know a lot about Lady, it's not unreasonable she just happened to be into gymnastics as a child.

ah, i just assumed it was the standard "to be pro you must practice for 9999999 years" although i still keep my point that wouldn't that techincally be training? since it is helping her kill demons despite that not being the original goal.

I think it's just another Capcom inconsistency, really. She was pretty young in DMC3, but judging by the cutscenes, she's far from being your run-of-the-mill human. I imagine as she gained more experience and maturity, she became even stronger. Compared to Dante and Vergil, of course she doesn't fall into the same category-but she was still a strong character.

Lol, oh Capcom; you and your damn inconsistencies and plot holes... :p Where did you read the bio on her, by the way? Sorry, too lazy to read all three pages of the thread. XD

DMC3 boss file is where i read it.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
^ That's why I don't think it was training, it was probably like a childhood thing that just happened to come in handy when she decided to start fighting demons. So the file probably refers only to "training in killing/hunting demons".

IncarnatedDemon

But I wish Capcom did actually take cues from Team Ninja when it comes to making their characters attractive. Because if I'm suppose to believe that these girls

In some aspects of game development, i sometimes picture Capcom as Igor. The doctor told him to go get a normal functioning brain, and he went and got a abnormal one.
Then again perhaps we the fans are Igors, as Capcom is a business and could care less about idealism.

Oh and is that Sarah in bottom five?

seraphmaycry

^ That's why I don't think it was training, it was probably like a childhood thing that just happened to come in handy when she decided to start fighting demons. So the file probably refers only to "training in killing/hunting demons".

to me it seems like it should still be said that lady did have training, it just wasn't originially geared towards devil hunting, and if i'm wrong on that i doubt that lady magically picked up a gun and could reload like she does, if i was given a gun i probably wouldn't even know how to reload at all.

also, im in disagreal to the statement about dmc characters above, and to the eye related post earlier, i disagree with the dmc female character post above because of the four characters there, two of whom i know to be bad-ass(lady/trish) one may be generic and blankd but she's not a drug dealer or something so(kyrie) and the last one, ok, you win there. anyway the point is that i place those three above anyone in the other image because to me, the women in the other image, well i have no idea who any of them are, therefore i can't really rate them as anything other then possibly something bad or god or just possibly something at all.

and in regards to the post that said eyes are important, i dont have any good points for that, but i disagree because eyes are to small a thing for me to notice unless there is something really cool or unique about them, so unless they have some weird disease that makes their eye change colour or sing songs or something i really dont find it something that matters much.

Last edited:

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Lady's gunskillz could have come from her being interested in guns I guess but nobody could reload like that in the real world, let's just assume she either got trained by someone recently to DMC3 (because unlike gymnastics it's probably not an acceptable kids' hobby) or juggled them in her spare time.

I thought in Lady's case her heterochromia was vaguely important - showed she was obviously related to Arkham, and was a clue when you saw Jester's eyes as well. Eyes had some reason in that game to be looked at. In a game character I don't notice them that much normally though

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I agree with Ieyasu in the case of Lady's eyes; since they're not your average, run-of-the-mill eyes that most characters have, they were given to her to represent her importance in the storyline. She has Arkham's eyes (a fact she hates, which may explain why she wears sunglasses in DMC4).

But, you have a good point, neromaycry; eyes alone don't make the character. There is much more to it than that. Like I said before (at least I think I did), I like all the woman in the series for their own unique appearances, skills, and personalities. Kyrie may not be a fighter like Trish or Lady, but this doesn't make her weak as so many have wrongly assumed. Her strength exists in other ways.

Not that I'm arguing against anyone specifically. Just putting my thoughts out there, yet again. ^^;

(And it looks like I don't get a booklet with my HD collection; what the hell, Capcom?)

I'm guessing the file you read on Lady is either in the bonus stuff in the DMC3 menu, itself? I really need to go through what I've unlocked again; I have a funny feeling there's a lot I'm missing.

Reactions: V

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!

DMC4_Girls_Wall_by_shulaii.jpg

Just-Sheldon-D-sheldon-cooper-31938618-500-226.gif

Nobody said they weren't.

Though in the DOA chicks cases they look like plastic dolls than actual people. It also seems the people who do the character models for the DOA games also do it for the Warriors/Musou games.....cause they look strikingly similar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bJiFf8W5pI

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
The next Devil May Cry will follow Vergil as he attempts to get breast implants in order to increase his power.
Im callin it now.

Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I'd like to play with those instead of DMC3 :inlove:

Top Bottom