• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lady, WTF

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I think by that they meant focusing on the ideal romance plot and the male on male angst. Trish and Lady were put in there as something for the guys... I think it was also mentioned that violence and blood was meant to be toned down for 4 because "females don't like that". I read an interview on it at the time and facepalmed

Again I think they were ignoring the already existing female fans of DMC who don't have a problem with blood and impalement, and trying to appeal to a wider audience than the series had.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
About the game being geared more towards women, I guess they feel that way because it includes a love story between Kyrie and Nero. Gloria doesn't detract from that - lesbians are women too. :laugh: But seriously, the game's obviously meant for both men and women, and I think they just mean that DMC4 is more enjoyable to women than the previous games were. I feel that's indicative of Japanese culture; they still seem to feel that women are 'fragile things that need emotional satisfaction more than men'. Kind of annoying.

And I don't see how priestesses have more power than other humans. I know Lady's blood was used at the Temen-Ni-Gru because it was of the priestess' bloodline, but that has nothing to do with power. The fact is, priestesses are just, well... priestesses. The games never mention anything about them having extraordinary power.

As for the Lady thing, maybe they meant that she's at the same level as any other human in terms of power. As in, she has no demonic power. It was pretty oddly worded, though.

Last edited:

MKH Spartan

As a female, I found nothing sexy about Gloria... I obviously can't speak from a male pov, but she wouldn't get my engines going, that's for sure.
From my male perspective, I didn't find her to be very sexy or however you want to phrase it at all really. I also don't like how Trish looks in DMC4, but I reckon she looks pretty nice in DMC1. Kyrie looks fine in DMC4 and Lady looks good in DMC3, still looks ok in DMC4 but I reckon she would look better if all you saw wasn't just her chest going up and down in cutscenes.

That's my opinion on them anyway.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
From my male perspective, I didn't find her to be very sexy or however you want to phrase it at all really. I also don't like how Trish looks in DMC4, but I reckon she looks pretty nice in DMC1. Kyrie looks fine in DMC4 and Lady looks good in DMC3, still looks ok in DMC4 but I reckon she would look better if all you saw wasn't just her chest going up and down in cutscenes.

That's my opinion on them anyway.

Ironically I feel the same way.

I didn't really like how Trish looked in DMC4. Something about her face just seemed...off to me. Lady looked okay, but I was a bit dissapointed that they kind of whored her out like that. Kryie looked nice...then there's Gloria...

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Honestly don't know what to make of Gloria.

She's supposed to look mysterious and sexy or something, right? Because at that point we have no idea who she is; she could be friend or foe. On first play I was like, WTF is this and what is she doing. . . just, whaaat . . .

Now I'm just like... ooookay. Gloria looks bizarre and outlandish and definitely supernatural. So if Trish was trying to disguise herself as a normal looking individual to infiltrate the Order, lulz. She might as well have turned up as herself because Gloria totally doesn't look suspicious. I dunno what they were smoking when they designed Gloria and decided to introduce her that way.

IncarnatedDemon

Gloria is by any standards, sexy. Whether YOU think she is hot is another thing.
There are alot of different things that make a fictional character attractive
  • Personality
  • Clothes
  • Appearance (skin, hair, proportions etc)
  • Art style, realistic or not
  • How well the design is
But one thing is a fact, the artists make a big difference in how attractive the character will be.
Take Ninja theory's artists, they are very good at creating very detailed and beautiful eyes for their characters.

No dmc girls from 1-4 has ever had the level of detail to their eyes like ones NT's females does.
Eyes ...is something that i'm sure many people find important in experiencing someone or something as attractive.
There is also the mindset of "Little is more", where if you reveal tittays you will have opposite effect and turn people off.

Gloria isn't unattractive, i'd say she is attractive but how much...is the question:
The_Voluptuous_Gloria_by_Thres90.jpg

This right here is the same character as tech improved:
ruby.jpg

ruby5.jpg
AMD_Neue_Ruby_Techdemo.jpg

Last edited:

InfernalOverkill

Mors Ante Infamiam
Ironically I feel the same way.

I didn't really like how Trish looked in DMC4. Something about her face just seemed...off to me. Lady looked okay, but I was a bit dissapointed that they kind of whored her out like that. Kryie looked nice...then there's Gloria...
Gotta agree with that. Trish does look "off", I can't place it, but there's definitely something weird-looking compared to her DMC1/2 appearances.
Lady was just ridiculous. I mean seriously, did they have someone whose job title was "Lady's boob animation technician"?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Gotta agree with that. Trish does look "off", I can't place it, but there's definitely something weird-looking compared to her DMC1/2 appearances.
Lady was just ridiculous. I mean seriously, did they have someone whose job title was "Lady's boob animation technician"?

They were taking tips from Team Ninja.

I'm still flabbergasted by how they did that.

berto

I Saw the Devil
dumbest stuff ever, the dmc3 file on lady states that she has " little training and even less power"

soooo, she dosn't have power from being a priestess, which seems to be a popular theory now AND she has little training? considering the insane **** she does in cut scenes this is extremely contradictory, SCREW YOU CAPCOM, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!?!??
You know what that implies? That if it's true, in the context of the narrative, if Lady is in fact weak and inexperienced? It says that the demons are a bunch of push overs, things that lack any sense of treat or danger and if an amateur like Lady can exterminate them with such ease it's no accomplishment for Dante to kill them since anyone else can, too. All you need is a few guns.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
You know what that implies? That if it's true, in the context of the narrative, if Lady is in fact weak and inexperienced? It says that the demons are a bunch of push overs, things that lack any sense of treat or danger and if an amateur like Lady can exterminate them with such ease it's no accomplishment for Dante to kill them since anyone else can, too. All you need is a few guns.

So Dante in DMC4 was right. Humans are better.

Demons are just more sturdy and have in built forms of self defense and attack (arm blades, fire breath, etc) and there are a large gap in demon's fighting potential and power ranging from mooks all the way to God (Mundus, Sparda, etc) whereas humans are almost equal in physical strength with the levels or scale of basic human strength/power ranges from kid to adult to athlete to body builder/star athlete. I guess back when demons ruled over humans humans didn't have weapons....I remember from the movie Battle Royale, Shuya looked to weapons because he was weak so weapons are power. So in reality....humans<demons<weapons/guns.

"If you give a man a gun he is superman, give him two he is a God."

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I think it states once in the game and once in the manga that the demons Lady kills with her guns are lower, weaker ones. Not all demons are created equal, or whatever. Although... apparently these "bottom feeders" dragged off/killed/scared away the population of an entire town in about 5 mins, so they can't be that puny.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Then why say that she has "little training" in the game itself? Did they mean "not a lot compared to Dante"?

They should've been clear on what they meant by that.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Reckon they're just trying to say she's an amateur. She's not doing it because she loves doing it, or for revenge, like Dante. She's not professional, doing it for money either. She's just trying to undo Arkham's BS and she would definitely have failed to do that without Dante's help. Hell, Dante would have failed to do that as well without Vergil's help.

berto

I Saw the Devil
So Dante in DMC4 was right. Humans are better.

Demons are just more sturdy and have in built forms of self defense and attack (arm blades, fire breath, etc) and there are a large gap in demon's fighting potential and power ranging from mooks all the way to God (Mundus, Sparda, etc) whereas humans are almost equal in physical strength with the levels or scale of basic human strength/power ranges from kid to adult to athlete to body builder/star athlete. I guess back when demons ruled over humans humans didn't have weapons....I remember from the movie Battle Royale, Shuya looked to weapons because he was weak so weapons are power. So in reality....humans<demons<weapons/guns.

"If you give a man a gun he is superman, give him two he is a God."
No, I just think its self contradicting bs on the part of the staff.

Dante lives on a very violent city, if demons were such pushovers the people there would've annihilated the invading forces.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
No, I just think its self contradicting bs on the part of the staff.

Dante lives on a very violent city, if demons were such pushovers the people there would've annihilated the invading forces.

Well we don't know the conditions plus its not like the demons run the city if anything the demons have shown to only appear at night and attack humans when they're alone or prey on the defenseless. Its not...oh you're talking about DMC3.

Well a random demon attack happened out of nowhere I doubt a city of random civilians would be prepared and fight back its like if an army attacked or invaded an unsuspected city the civilians wouldn't have been able to fight them back that easily. Plus in a city of innocent priority is to evacuate the civilians and prevent as much casualties and eradicate the invaders later. Plus the demons may have outnumbered them in sheer numbers.

Plus just cause some demon mooks are pushovers to a chick who may be inexperienced despite show casing above human feats doesn't mean humans aren't pushovers as well. I mean Lady could take down Mark Henry with those acrobatics and weapons.

Plus Lady is one human, she doesn't speak for the entire human race neither does some demons speak for the entire demon race.

Top Bottom