• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is better Dante or Vergil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
images

Aki is hot and all but the one I'm most sexually attracted to is Anri Sugihara.

images
CAL-13-173.jpg

Its mainly her eyes......I find them...
images

......*!!!*...errhhhmmm but yeah that topic.

Hair: Vergil
Badassness: Tied
Strength: About tied.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Don't make me choose!:lol: I think I'm going to be boring and say that I like both of them equall for all 3 questions, but I like them both for different reasons.

I think Vergil's hair is really cool, but so is Dante's.

Both of them are very badass, but for different reasons. Dante gets to do over the top stunts and crazyness, while Vergil is more stylish badass. He's confident and cold and really sure of his goals, so that's pretty badass too considering what he does to reach his goal.

As for who is stronger. I think they both are equally strong. Thy've both got the same bloodline, and they seem equal in power when they fight.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Anyone who says Dante is stronger than Vergil at all times has not paid much attention to the cutscenes. The whole theme of the games is that Vergil and Dante are equally strong, two sides of the same coin (Sparda). Vergil represents Sparda's demonic, power-hungry side, and Dante represents his 'human' side (not that Sparda's literally part human, but no matter). It's the human aspect of it that makes one stronger than the other. If Vergil were to embrace that side, he would be as strong as Dante.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
before dante awakened his dt vergil was stronger after he awakened it they were equal however by the end of the game when dante accepted his power and purpose he was definitely the better while dante is loud and crazy and thrill seeking he also remains calm while being this way he doesnt freak out or get hysterical or become sloppy he has fun and fights freely but remains calm with himself and comes out on top

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
correct in dmc 3 vergil doesnt use his dt in the first fight but he has it available to him he only uses it in the 2nd and third fight and by that time dante is both his equal and then his better

correct in dmc 3 vergil doesnt use his dt in the first fight but he has it available to him he only uses it in the 2nd and third fight and by that time dante is both his equal and then his better

This is actually surprising.This might prove he fights fairly after all,and that he wanted to awake Dante's DT so he could fight with him with equal powers,probably to test himself to someone who is capable of keeping up with him or someone who can even beat him.Vergil has some honour when it comes to a fair fight.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
this is most likely true as well virgil while cold and goal driven did have some kind of heart. he kept his mothers amulet he fought dante with more of a competitive nature then with any intent to kill he valued strength and putting his to the test he couldve easily stolen his amulet and ran but he invited dante to the tower to test both there powers and to also help dante grow because in the end it was his hope to rule with his brother not against him

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
this is most likely true as well virgil while cold and goal driven did have some kind of heart. he kept his mothers amulet he fought dante with more of a competitive nature then with any intent to kill he valued strength and putting his to the test he couldve easily stolen his amulet and ran but he invited dante to the tower to test both there powers and to also help dante grow because in the end it was his hope to rule with his brother not against him

I'm not so sure about the ruling the world (maybe he did since his father did too) but he also was going to original share Spada's power with Dante as well considering he said "Don't you want the power of our father? The power of Sparda?" so its not like he wanted all to himself. He probably felt he deserved it since he is his son and would share it with his brother since he too is of Sparda's blood so if anything Vergil just really respected his father and loved his mother and brother.

He most likely wanted Sparda's power to continue his legacy and be the next Sparda.

Vergil isn't as bad as some may think.He just seeks that power and it's more driven by it compared to Dante.And he just enjoys a good fight his someone who is just as strong as him. :/

He is more of an anti-hero than he is an actual villain.
Yes.The difference is that villains most of the time are evil to the core and don't have a reason as why they're evil.They just like to be evil.
Vergil is an anti-hero,you're right,he doesn't show that much of cruelty towards people in general and especially towards his brother.He has moments when you doubt his 'evilness' because he seems to contradict it through his actions and he has a reason of why he seeks that power as we've been told.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
i agree to both recent posts vergil isnt evil goal driven and cold yes but i dont believe evil he believed that as the son of sparta he should rule over he human world and demon world and had he done so i believe he would have been a fair albeit cruel ruler lol all in all vergil was a great character of dmc3 i love that he is in ultimate marvel vs capcom 3

i agree to both recent posts vergil isnt evil goal driven and cold yes but i dont believe evil he believed that as the son of sparta he should rule over he human world and demon world and had he done so i believe he would have been a fair albeit cruel ruler lol all in all vergil was a great character of dmc3 i love that he is in ultimate marvel vs capcom 3
Oh,I don't know why I loved Vergil in UMVC3. His quotes were damn awesome.

havent played it yet but ive read the reviews and watched videos just saving up to buy it :p cant wait dante vergil and zero team for the win
It was quite expensive when it first appeared. I think they now lowered the price. I also love Phoenix Wright that guy is awesome.
Still,I didn't get it.Ace Attorney what kind of game is? It looks interesting and Idk,it can be played on pc? Some friends of mine play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom