• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is better Dante or Vergil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolver446

In your opinion is better Dante or Vergil?

1): Who have got the best hairstyle?
2): Who is more badass?
3): Who is more strong?

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
1) Vergil. If I could have long hair like him, but style it up too, that would be awesome. Sadly, I don't know any type of hairgel that can achieve that.

2) That's a tough one. It comes down to personal preference. If you think being cocky, hyperactive and cynical is badass, it's Dante. If you like a cold, silent demeanor with sardonic and sarcastic comments, it's Vergil. I think I like Vergil just a bit more, to be honest.

3) They're equally strong. If Vergil allowed himself to love and be more 'human', Dante and Vergil would always come to a draw.

So, for me, it's
1) Vergil
2) Vergil
3) neither

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
1) Vergil, although i like Dante's hairstyle in DMC4, in DMC3 it's too... teenager, i'm a grown ass man but i would easily use the "Vergil hairstyle" if my hair were not too thin and actually could be sustained by any kind of hairgel in that shape, even when it's not too long it tends to get down unless i use such an ammount of hairgel that the hair feels like a brick.

2) Difficult one. Considering DMC3 incarnations, i would choose Vergil, but DMC incarnation of Dante is badass even if not in the Ryu Hayabusa level. I think that Dante itself is even more badass than Nelo Angelo (Vergil) in DMC, he's ironic but still has that menacing flair. Nelo Angelo look like a tough warrior, but not exactly someone i would fear to look in the eyes if i had to fight; even considering his demonic look, haha

3)They seem to be equal in power, their natural abilities must be equal seem that they're twins. Purely talking about swordfight, i think that Vergil has the upper hand; but in general combat abilities, Dante has more options and is not only focused on "hand-to-hand" or "sword-to-sword" fight. Vergil is more focused and dedicated but he is narrow minded (i respect it, but he imposes a limitation to himself). But i still pick Vergil to this one, i think that these people who have a warrior mindset tend to be focused and for the most time they can win their battles; Dante was only able to really win when he had a MOTIVATION (joke intended) for this, Vergil's motivations are fighting (Dante likes this too, but as way to have fun more than a way for improvement), improving and power itself.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
1.) I liked Dante's hair style more. But that's only because Vergil's looks really stupid in that spiky style. Then again, Dante's looks just as shonen and pretty boy bishonen, which I despise so much and it makes me think he spends three or four hours on his hair instead of doing badass things and worry about looks later.

2.)Dante's a party talking frat boy mix of Jersey shore and anime in one, while Vergil's a simple-minded sociopath who blames all his evil on his mommy's death. But out of the two, I'd side with Dante since at least he's not depressingly dull like Vergil.

3.)Vergil should technically be stronger, but because of plot, it's gotta be Dante.

I have to choose Vergil. Even though the graphics weren't so good back then and his hair looked a little bit too weird.It's a matter of preference but guys with their hair combed back look really good.
I have to disagree with the fact they spend too much hours on their hair,Dante's hair is done in a pretty simple way and Vergil just had to run his fingers through his hair.

Even though, I also care about the aesthetics,so characters with a nice appearance are a plus.

Dante is more badass because he is the show-off type.He doesn't miss the opportunity of new fights with new demons so he can put on a demonstration of his skills after it.

But that's the difference between him and Vergil.

Just look at the fight with Beowulf. Dante had to make a dramatic entrance and fight him to prove his strenght.
But when Beowulf encountered Vergil,he just sliced him in two in a brutal way without any useless addings and received the devil arms.
So,I'd say Dante is more badass in the sense that he wants to be,he wants to look badass,but Vergil doesn't make such a big fuss about it.

Here's a tie.
I'd say Dante has more strenght and will,but Vergil is more skilled with the sword and more faster.
Vergil really puts price on how strong a demon has to be,that's why he is a though opponent,in my opinion he is a true warrior to say so because he takes it seriously.
But then again,Dante is the main character and the one who won in the end,because..well,protagonist and hero-type.
I think they're equal after all.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
1.) I liked Dante's hair style more. But that's only because Vergil's looks really stupid in that spiky style. Then again, Dante's looks just as shonen and pretty boy bishonen, which I despise so much and it makes me think he spends three or four hours on his hair instead of doing badass things and worry about looks later.

2.)Dante's a party talking frat boy mix of Jersey shore and anime in one, while Vergil's a simple-minded sociopath who blames all his evil on his mommy's death. But out of the two, I'd side with Dante since at least he's not depressingly dull like Vergil.

3.)Vergil should technically be stronger, but because of plot, it's gotta be Dante.

Since when has Dante spent time worrying about his hair.

If anything his hair is naturally like that.

I mean whenever Vergil's hair gets wet it falls down and looks just like Dante's and at the beginning of DMC3 he came out of the shower and really didn't do anything to his hair just scratching it.

If anything he (and his brother) is just blessed with amazing hair....genetics.

Plus looking like a pretty boy is more akin to his cambion nature as cambions (in actual myth) are considered humanoid like demon/human offsprings with charming looks to be able to sexually deceive or persuade (or better yet seduce) humans . That and cambions are usually offsprings of a succubus or incubus (male succubus) mating with a human so they develop well sexually pleasing looks from their demonic traits since their demonic parents are demons who are sexual attractive males/females who uses their looks to seduce humans of the opposite (or same) gender.

Nephilims on the other hand (in my myth) are usually considered grotesque and deformed creatures (see El Shaddai) or in giants as in the Bible.

Well its unknown if Spards is an incubus but in fiction incubi don't really assume the role of succubi and are usually strong demonic warriors who can get any ass (human or demon....sometimes angel) if they want....so Sparda could be an incubus and have the power to assume an attractive human form.

Who knows maybe Sparda seduced Eva (with his charms and good looks) to give birth to his children so he can pass his legacy on?

DragonMaster2010

Since when has Dante spent time worrying about his hair.

If anything his hair is naturally like that.

I mean whenever Vergil's hair gets wet it falls down and looks just like Dante's and at the beginning of DMC3 he came out of the shower and really didn't do anything to his hair just scratching it.

If anything he (and his brother) is just blessed with amazing hair....genetics.

Plus looking like a pretty boy is more akin to his cambion nature as cambions (in actual myth) are considered humanoid like demon/human offsprings with charming looks to be able to sexually deceive or persuade (or better yet seduce) humans . That and cambions are usually offsprings of a succubus or incubus (male succubus) mating with a human so they develop well sexually pleasing looks from their demonic traits since their demonic parents are demons who are sexual attractive males/females who uses their looks to seduce humans of the opposite (or same) gender.

Nephilims on the other hand (in my myth) are usually considered grotesque and deformed creatures (see El Shaddai) or in giants as in the Bible.

Well its unknown if Spards is an incubus but in fiction incubi don't really assume the role of succubi and are usually strong demonic warriors who can get any ass (human or demon....sometimes angel) if they want....so Sparda could be an incubus and have the power to assume an attractive human form.

Who knows maybe Sparda seduced Eva (with his charms and good looks) to give birth to his children so he can pass his legacy on?

I said nothing about DmC Y'know.

This is just my 2 cents though, don't pay any mind to me.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I said nothing about DmC Y'know.

This is just my 2 cents though, don't pay any mind to me.

I never said anything about DmC. I even mentioned El Shaddai as reference to Nephilim.

Plus Nephilim isn't a term that DmC made up and is only associated with DmC. I mentioned Nephilim since they're considered parallels to Cambions.

Cambions; half demon half human, beautiful seductive humanoids

Nephilim: half human half angel, grotesque, deformed giants.

Plus the Nephilims in DmC aren't Nephilim.......well Assiel that giant Nephilim could qualify as a Nephilim.

DragonMaster2010

I never said anything about DmC. I even mentioned El Shaddai as reference to Nephilim.

Plus Nephilim isn't a term that DmC made up and is only associated with DmC. I mentioned Nephilim since they're considered parallels to Cambions.

Cambions; half demon half human, beautiful seductive humanoids

Nephilim: half human half angel, grotesque, deformed giants.

Plus the Nephilims in DmC aren't Nephilim.......well Assiel that giant Nephilim could qualify as a Nephilim.

Oh. Well now that you mentiion it, it does make sense now. Cambion being good looking and all. Even so, I could never get use to Dante suddenly looking as if he's been grooming his hair for hours to get it the way it is. I think in DMC1, Dante just brushed his hair any kind of way and just did his job.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Oh. Well now that you mentiion it, it does make sense now. Cambion being good looking and all. Even so, I could never get use to Dante suddenly looking as if he's been grooming his hair for hours to get it the way it is. I think in DMC1, Dante just brushed his hair any kind of way and just did his job.

Do you have proof that Dante spends hours on his hair? Otherwise your just going based off of baseless claims and personal feelings.

I mean Vergil's hair gets drenched in blood and rain and by simply brushing it back with his hand it quickly and instantaneously forms a spikey shape (which is not possible).

Plus Dante's hair (as shown by Vergil and flashbacks depicting him as a youth) is normally like that (well in DMC3).

If anything DMC1 Dante spends more time on his hair since a hairstyle like DMC1 Dante's requires more self grooming than DMC3 Dante's simplistic do to attain.
dmc1dante1.jpg
l.jpg

Or better yet DMC2 Dante.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I could keep them coming but that would be the 3rd time I detracted a thread with asian boobs.

So to help you out but keep the thread on course with the chick in the picture is named Aki Hoshino, a Japanese bikini/graveur model. Did that provide any assistance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom