• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I Just Got Metroid: Other M and...

H

HarbingerOfChaos

Angel;272072 said:
Sure is. Enjoy your first infraction for that little starry outburst up there.

Thanks, brah.

In five seconds I'm gonna start posting pics that explain why this game is hot ass.

moseslmpg

DreadnoughtDT;272128 said:
It was a different sect of the GF who (presumably) broke off and did their own thing.

And the Space Pirates are far from gone... There are still the Ki Hunters, the Kriken, and a lot of other nasty villainous species out there.
How did this sect then have such resources at its disposal? I don't think it is just one group acting alone, as the GF in Fusion seems pretty corrupt.

As for those other space pirates, they don't seem like any thread without a commander, like Samus was saying. They are harmless by themselves.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
moseslmpg;272143 said:
How did this sect then have such resources at its disposal? I don't think it is just one group acting alone, as the GF in Fusion seems pretty corrupt.

As for those other space pirates, they don't seem like any thread without a commander, like Samus was saying. They are harmless by themselves.

The Ki Hunters and Kriken are independent species, though.

And you have a point. I think they were covering something up, as usual... I mean...

They were even ready to kill Madeline, I think. Not Melissa aka MB, Madeline.

H

HarbingerOfChaos

I'm dead serious.

Ask me anything about other m and I'll tell you why it's ****.

moseslmpg

OK, the last cutscene with Adam and Samus is good. The writing is still a little stiff, and I really don't like Samus' booth babe look (what is with the zero suit wedging all the way up in between her butt cheeks? it doesn't look tactical at all), but I'll give them credit for it. I still don't like how they make Samus seem so inexperienced and weak, but obviously they aren't masters of subtlety so I will let it slide. Samus external dialogue is much better than her internal monologue, that's for sure.

Adam is a total badass now though.

The cutscene where Samus meets the real Madeline is cool. They really did away with the Queen without any mention of anything though.

The GF are a bunch of idiots, apparently. They're like, oh yeah let's recreate the exact situation that we just spent years trying to get rid of, that's a good idea.

Dark Drakan

Admin
HarbingerOfChaos;272134 said:
Thanks, brah.

Change attitude or change forum, im putting it that simple for you and show some respect to the staff. Twice now ive seen your name and an infraction next to it.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
moseslmpg;272204 said:
OK, the last cutscene with Adam and Samus is good. The writing is still a little stiff, and I really don't like Samus' booth babe look (what is with the zero suit wedging all the way up in between her butt cheeks? it doesn't look tactical at all), but I'll give them credit for it. I still don't like how they make Samus seem so inexperienced and weak, but obviously they aren't masters of subtlety so I will let it slide. Samus external dialogue is much better than her internal monologue, that's for sure.

Adam is a total badass now though.

The cutscene where Samus meets the real Madeline is cool. They really did away with the Queen without any mention of anything though.

The GF are a bunch of idiots, apparently. They're like, oh yeah let's recreate the exact situation that we just spent years trying to get rid of, that's a good idea.

I will admit the writing was a little meh, but y'know, it was Sakamoto's first time trying to make it more story oriented.

Adam is badass. Sacrificing himself without so much as a bat of an eyelash? F*cking awesome.

The Queen was probably nostalgia-rush stuff, nothing more. Although the way Madeline released it made it seem as if it was some sort of pet or something.

The GF ARE idiots, just like almost any other government.

Official 1: "Oh, we just killed all the Metroids. What do we do now?"

Official 2: "I know, let's recreate Metroids and Space Pirates from the gook on Samus' suit and make them cyborgs!"

Official 1: "GENIUS!"

Adam: *facepalm*

H

HarbingerOfChaos

DreadnoughtDT;272386 said:
I will admit the writing was a little meh, but y'know, it was Sakamoto's first time trying to make it more story oriented.

Adam is badass. Sacrificing himself without so much as a bat of an eyelash? F*cking awesome.
The first and the last time hopefully.

He didn't need to sacrifice himself.

That entire scene was terrible.
Actually, it was worse than the others.

And GOD JESUS ****IN' BALLS you can skip the cutscenes.

My ears and eyes were bleeding.

Dark Drakan;272270 said:
Change attitude or change forum, im putting it that simple for you and show some respect to the staff. Twice now ive seen your name and an infraction next to it.
I r confursed?/??

What'd I do.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
DreadnoughtDT;272386 said:
The Queen was probably nostalgia-rush stuff, nothing more. Although the way Madeline released it made it seem as if it was some sort of pet or something.

The GF ARE idiots, just like almost any other government.

Official 1: "Oh, we just killed all the Metroids. What do we do now?"

Official 2: "I know, let's recreate Metroids and Space Pirates from the gook on Samus' suit and make them cyborgs!"

Official 1: "GENIUS!"

Adam: *facepalm*

This game was marketed as a transcition of old Metroids to the new age after all... aply test for the grand gathering of the Metroid fans[both old and new,mostly old] fpr when the Metroid formula will be perfected.So,the nistalgia isn't surprising.;)

As for that...*laughter:lol::lol:*,pure Gold,Dread!Pure Gold!:lol::lol:

Edsabre

Eagle-eyed Devil Hunter
About the ending...

Thank GOD for that part after the credits where you got to fight that one last boss. It was actually a fun and challenging fight, unlike the Mother Metroid thing, which was lame and boring, followed by the first person bug fight which was lame, boring, and frustrating. I swear, while the credits were rolling, my buddy and I were saying "That was the worst ending to a game I've ever experienced". But it redeemed itself with some more exploration (Nearly pointless now, since the game was pretty much over), a good boss fight, and the signature escape scene. Phew, that was a close one. Thanks to the epilogue, my opinion of this game is still a generally positive one. I think if they can take what worked and knock it up a notch then the next game will be quite a treat. As long as they get some different VA's.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Edsabre;272542 said:
About the ending...

Thank GOD for that part after the credits where you got to fight that one last boss. It was actually a fun and challenging fight, unlike the Mother Metroid thing, which was lame and boring, followed by the first person bug fight which was lame, boring, and frustrating. I swear, while the credits were rolling, my buddy and I were saying "That was the worst ending to a game I've ever experienced". But it redeemed itself with some more exploration (Nearly pointless now, since the game was pretty much over), a good boss fight, and the signature escape scene. Phew, that was a close one. Thanks to the epilogue, my opinion of this game is still a generally positive one. I think if they can take what worked and knock it up a notch then the next game will be quite a treat. As long as they get some different VA's.

I don't think the Queen Metroid was very used to fighting or something, considering how slow and predictable her attacks were.

My brother thinks she'd make a good pet though. XD

And I will agree, fighting Phantoon after the credits was AWESOME. I died four times to him. :lol: It was a nice throwback to Super Metroid.

moseslmpg

The last cutscene before the credits was good. It was nice to see Samus out of her fetish suit and in some normal clothes. Although I can't imagine why she would grow her hair that long when she has to fit it in a helmet, I think it looks way better than that ugly ponytail thing she had going on. The graphics were nice during the CG as well.

as for after the credits, I don't understand how Phantoon is still alive or what he is even doing there. I assumed he was just some weird alien thing, not some space pirate leader. I still find the gameplay kind of bland, but, as an homage, Other M does pretty well.

I'm checking the cheats and I'm not seeing a justin bailey mode. Strange, considering this is Team Ninja. There doesn't seem to be many extras at all. Lame.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
moseslmpg;272557 said:
The last cutscene before the credits was good. It was nice to see Samus out of her fetish suit and in some normal clothes. Although I can't imagine why she would grow her hair that long when she has to fit it in a helmet, I think it looks way better than that ugly ponytail thing she had going on. The graphics were nice during the CG as well.

as for after the credits, I don't understand how Phantoon is still alive or what he is even doing there. I assumed he was just some weird alien thing, not some space pirate leader. I still find the gameplay kind of bland, but, as an homage, Other M does pretty well.

I'm checking the cheats and I'm not seeing a justin bailey mode. Strange, considering this is Team Ninja. There doesn't seem to be many extras at all. Lame.

Phantoon is actually a ghost, and it feeds off of the power of abandoned starships. Perhaps after his defeat in SM, he went to the Bottle Ship to assume command to allow him to sap the Bottle Ship unhindered?

Top Bottom