• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I Just Got Metroid: Other M and...

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
...People are telling me I should be prepared to be severely disappointed to the point where I will despise the game entirely.

I've already played through Sector 1 and honestly, I really like the game so far. What's everyone's beef with it?

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
Basically people don't like the story and say that it doesn't feel like a Metroid game.That pretty much sums it up.^_^I really like the game,but thats my opinion.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sure there's not much exploration, but it's not bad.

Also, ten bucks says that the evil Furby is Ridley... I'm calling it now.

Oh, I have one thing that I hate about this game though. The parts where you have to look around for junk that's only like a pixel big. @_@ It's annoying.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
People said she was too "whiny". I have yet to see her act whiny so far.

I just spent 15 minutes looking for a green pool of blood when I thought I was supposed to examine a dead guy. >_< Also, I saw the furby thing's split open corpse... And the purple fuzzy lizard looked like Ridley, so... I'm thinking it is him. No spoilers please though.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Lucky man,you...you...I'm envious.I have to go to the U for some tests so I can't play it...yet!:DHave fun with it.Poeple are just whinning,especially the ones that didn't catch M :Fusion.Leav'em be and enjoy the game.The game will require several playthroughs to get a 100% rate on items though.

Edsabre

Eagle-eyed Devil Hunter
I have a few complaints about it (Like Samus' atrocious voice actress) but overall I'm enjoying it. It's not as great as I thought it would be but Im still happy I got it.

Demon619

Deadman walking
I'm enjoying it at the moment, but one Fusion boss is coming up, and I'm hoping hes not as annoying this time around, and I don't mean Ridley.

Satsui no Hado

Edsabre;270804 said:
I have a few complaints about it (Like Samus' atrocious voice actress) but overall I'm enjoying it. It's not as great as I thought it would be but Im still happy I got it.

Samus's voice actor isn't bad,infact shes pretty good especially when it comes to showing how sad Samus was at times.And didn't anyone think Ridley looked a tad bit odd in this game?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Devil of War;270816 said:
Samus's voice actor isn't bad,infact shes pretty good especially when it comes to showing how sad Samus was at times.And didn't anyone think Ridley looked a tad bit odd in this game?

Saw the screenshots. Ridley looks like a duck or something...

And I liked Samus's voice actor. I was just thinking... Of all the times to drop Jennifer Hale, it's now? Smooth move Nintendo.

Dreading the return of a Fusion boss? ._.

(please don't be Nightmare... ANYTHING but Nightmare...)

Demon619

Deadman walking
Devil of War;270816 said:
And didn't anyone think Ridley looked a tad bit odd in this game?

He does look kinda werid, DT is right, his head looks like it was modeled after a duck, whos idea was that?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Demon619;270831 said:
He does look kinda werid, DT is right, his head looks like it was modeled after a duck, whos idea was that?

Meh, it's Nintendo, what did you expect?

And LOL at the people who hate Samus being scared of Ridley...

Satsui no Hado

Behold,Samus's arch nemesis......RIDUCK!!!
Sorry,I just couldn't resist...
Wait a minute,people complain about Samus being afraid of Ridley?!?Shes always been afraid of him,its kinda hard to not be scared of some space dragon that killed your parents when you were a baby...

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Devil of War;270836 said:
Behold,Samus's arch nemesis......RIDUCK!!!
Sorry,I just couldn't resist...
Wait a minute,people complain about Samus being afraid of Ridley?!?Shes always been afraid of him,its kinda hard to not be scared of some space dragon that killed your parents when you were a baby...

They're getting mad that she showed no fear during the first four fights yet she freaks out this time. I would've freaked out too because I would've thought he'd be finally DEAD after four deaths. Y'know? I mean, Ridley got freaking VAPORIZED at the end of Super Metroid.

Satsui no Hado

But yet,people expect Samus to be the emotionless soilder that was in the previous games.Samus has a personality now,she can feel fear.Do fans expect her to be fearless throughout the games?Unless she can face God himself,I doubt she can go on without feeling fear.Anyways,didn't anyone else hate Adam Malcovich for how he treated Samus in the beginning?

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Personally,I loved Samus here and while I was a bit dissapointed that Samus won't be voiced by Jen Hale,I liked the way they incorporated her thoughts and her body language in a great mix...as for Ridley...haHA...oh god!:D

I loved what Nintendo did with Other M.Despite it being a side story,I loved the transition from 2D to 3D.After all,that's what it is supossed to be.And it did it.Now for Lords of Shadows...

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I was disappointed that Ridley didn't talk though... I always expected him to (strangely enough) have a British accent.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Due to the mangas,right?Strangely enough,I though he would be a telepath and control the space pirate fleet that way[giving orders with telepathy].

Top Bottom