• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I Just Got Metroid: Other M and...

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
And I've had enough of people complaining about Samus's personality....
Atleast,she HAS one now....
Hell,before this game....Pacman had more personality.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Devil of War;271541 said:
And I've had enough of people complaining about Samus's personality....
Atleast,she HAS one now....
Hell,before this game....Pacman had more personality.

Here's how I think it's gonna go.

The minority of haters are the people who are super outgoing about it and like to bash things.

The majority will eventually come forward once the haters are gone, and profess their love for this game.

H

HarbingerOfChaos

Devil of War;271535 said:
All you had to say was that the game sucked in your opinion,you didn't have to give us such disturbing images....
Oh and X-play's review on this game was total sh*t,they called the game "sexist".
In this case I wouldn't call it an opinion.

It was terrible and it WAS sexist.
It also deserves to die a horrible death in fire.
I had a entire thing typed about why it was bad but because it was horribly racist and true, I can't post, bro.

hue hue hue

That being said, I will say this:
Imagine Batman clad in a pink cape.

Imagine Batman crying about his dead parents.

Imagine Batman breaking down in front of the joker because it's the 9000th time he's had to re-jail him.

You'd ****ing call heresy.

So I called heresy on other M.

Every copy of this game needs to be confiscated, put in a rocket and launched into the sun.
Then and only then can we hope to redeem ourselves for letting this abomination exist.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
HarbingerOfChaos;271563 said:
In this case I wouldn't call it an opinion.

It was terrible and it WAS sexist.
It also deserves to die a horrible death in fire.
I had a entire thing typed about why it was bad but because it was horribly racist and true, I can't post, bro.

hue hue hue

That being said, I will say this:
Imagine Batman clad in a pink cape.

Imagine Batman crying about his dead parents.

Imagine Batman breaking down in front of the joker because it's the 9000th time he's had to re-jail him.

You'd ****ing call heresy.

So I called heresy on other M.

Every copy of this game needs to be confiscated, put in a rocket and launched into the sun.
Then and only then can we hope to redeem ourselves for letting this abomination exist.

You forgot to mention that that was all in your opinion, BTW. It's not fact.

And also, I don't like Batman at all. I'd laugh my ass off if he did any of that crap.

H

HarbingerOfChaos

DreadnoughtDT;271564 said:
You forgot to mention that that was all in your opinion, BTW. It's not fact.

And also, I don't like Batman at all. I'd laugh my ass off if he did any of that crap.

>Metroid other M

>Your opinion isn't fact.

Oh wait, you're serious?

Let me laugh even harder.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Y'know if you can't make any intelligent arguments, you really should just leave. I've dealt with enough crap in real life, I don't need asshats like you making me feel even worse.

H

HarbingerOfChaos

DreadnoughtDT;271575 said:
Y'know if you can't make any intelligent arguments, you really should just leave. I've dealt with enough crap in real life, I don't need asshats like you making me feel even worse.
My argument was perfectly intelligent.

I don't get what you're going on about.

>Tells me I can't make an intelligent argument.
>He owns a copy of other m.

I think I see your problem, bro.

Maybe you'd feel better if you threw out that copy of other M.

It does that to people.

Nicodemus Zamoran

The Hellslayer Knight
HarbingerOfChaos;271579 said:
My argument was perfectly intelligent.

I don't get what you're going on about.

>Tells me I can't make an intelligent argument.
>He owns a copy of other m.

I think I see your problem, bro.

Maybe you'd feel better if you threw out that copy of other M.

It does that to people.

Might I say something here? Oh, wait, you can't stop me.

Shut up. Seriously. You have no right to talk like that. Go bash the game somewhere else. Like maybe a Metroid forum. Your bashing would fit right in, I'm sure.

Also, I pity you. You go around upsetting people just to make yourself feel happy. You'll learn one day. Until then, you're on my ignore list. Adios

Now, I've never played the game, but I do think that Samus having a personality is better than her not having one. Her not having a personality probably made her seem like a robot, and that suit of hers doesn't really help to dissuade that image. And tobots tend to be boring.

moseslmpg

I don't have the game but I have been watching a walkthrough. I have to say, I am one of the people who are extremely annoyed by Samus and her whining. And yes, that is what it is. Making someone suddenly talk doesn't give them a "personality."

From what I have seen of the gameplay, it is a little boring and monotonous, but maybe I've been spoiled by Super and Prime. I do miss the scanning.

Honestly, it just seems like Fusion 3D, but worse than Fusion. I do like the whole conspiracy angle, but again, Fusion already did that. It really seems like Aliens a little more than the other games.

As for Ridley, is the implication that his species' natural life cycle involves being a Furby during the larval phase? I don't think that makes much sense, and given the whole conspiracy, it is possible that it is yet another modified version of him. (WTF is Kraid? Seriously, it is always Ridley this and Ridley that, but no Kraid.)

Edit: OK, just watched the Ridley battle. The cutscene and the battle itself was epic. Until Samus went into zero (class) suit and start going "waaah." Anthony is the man though, he is the only likeable character.

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
^How exactly is Samus whining?Shes not whining,shes just really sensetive on what Adam thinks of her.She cares because Adam was an extremely important figure in her life.Why is it so hard for people to understand that?Although,I agree that the whole furby being Ridley thing is pretty stupid.
Oh and Samus went "waaah" when she went in her Zero Suit because of the fact that Samus stands no chance against Ridley without her normal suit.Blaming Samus for being scared of fighting Ridley in her Zero Suit is like blaming Dante for losing to Mundus if Dante turned human.

Oh and as for the fans that say "Samus shouldn't be scared of Ridley":Its like DT said,Samus could've expected Ridley to be finally dead.But Samus could've been scared of Ridley from the beginning,we wouldn't know since she didn't have a personality back then.And so what if she was scared of Ridley,Cloud Strife has beaten Sephiroth plenty of times and yet he still fears him.

H

HarbingerOfChaos

Nicodemus Zamoran;271604 said:
Might I say something here? Oh, wait, you can't stop me.

Shut up. Seriously. You have no right to talk like that. Go bash the game somewhere else. Like maybe a Metroid forum. Your bashing would fit right in, I'm sure.

Also, I pity you. You go around upsetting people just to make yourself feel happy. You'll learn one day. Until then, you're on my ignore list. AdiosA

Now, I've never played the game, but I do think that Samus having a personality is better than her not having one. Her not having a personality probably made her seem like a robot, and that suit of hers doesn't really help to dissuade that image. And tobots tend to be boring.
>Thinks he told me off

lololol You are so visibly mad.

>You have no right

Who said this wasn't my right?
Sure as hell wasn't the first amendment.

>Go to a metroid forum

Currently in a topic created solely for Metroid.

>He doesn't expect someone with opposing views

>He can't handle someone disagreeing with him

No sir, you must learn.

>Also, I pity you. You go around upsetting people just to make yourself feel happy. You'll learn one day. Until then, you're on my ignore list. Adios

Yes, it makes me very warm and fuzzy inside.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Harbinger, tone it down please. There really is no need to be like this. This isn't the only thread you've been somewhat...aggressive in.

Carry on.

moseslmpg

Devil of War;271790 said:
^How exactly is Samus whining?Shes not whining,shes just really sensetive on what Adam thinks of her.She cares because Adam was an extremely important figure in her life.Why is it so hard for people to understand that?Although,I agree that the whole furby being Ridley thing is pretty stupid.
The thing is, Samus shouldn't be so sensitive. I'm fine with her having a personality. But she is a bounty hunter in space. Bounty hunters on Earth even have to be pretty tough, and when you have to face Zebesians every day, you better be even tougher. The Samus in Other M is like they just took a booth babe and stuck her in the Power Suit and dropped her on an alien planet.
Oh and Samus went "waaah" when she went in her Zero Suit because of the fact that Samus stands no chance against Ridley without her normal suit.Blaming Samus for being scared of fighting Ridley in her Zero Suit is like blaming Dante for losing to Mundus if Dante turned human.
The thing is, Dante wouldn't start bawling, he would defy and mock Mundus to the end. I really think it cheapens Samus to have her defined by her suit like that. Even in Zero Mission, she was kicking some ass in the zero suit. And I just felt it was acting very badly. I'm hating the VAing in this game.
[/quote]Oh and as for the fans that say "Samus shouldn't be scared of Ridley":Its like DT said,Samus could've expected Ridley to be finally dead.But Samus could've been scared of Ridley from the beginning,we wouldn't know since she didn't have a personality back then.And so what if she was scared of Ridley,Cloud Strife has beaten Sephiroth plenty of times and yet he still fears him.[/QUOTE]I don't think she was so much scared as surprised so I don't have so much of a problem with that. But it is strange that she would be surprised, given how many times Ridley has come back. There's Ridley 1, Mecha Ridley, Meta-Ridley, Meta-Ridley 2, and Super Ridley so far. If it was Kraid, it would have made sense, but with Ridley it's like "Oh you again? Oh brother."

Don't compare Cloud to Samus, please. Samus is meant to be a stone cold badass, she is meant to be like Ripley in Aliens. She seems out of character in Other M.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
But this time she knew FOR SURE he wasn't going to come back, and he did so anyway. How would YOU feel fighting an indestructible force? Hopeless, right?

H

HarbingerOfChaos

DreadnoughtDT;271931 said:
But this time she knew FOR SURE he wasn't going to come back, and he did so anyway. How would YOU feel fighting an indestructible force? Hopeless, right?

>Trying to defend the Ridley scene.

Holy dick ****s you had better be ****ting me, brah.
If not you just went full ****ing retard.

Angel;271885 said:
Harbinger, tone it down please. There really is no need to be like this. This isn't the only thread you've been somewhat...aggressive in.

Carry on.

>Red text

Serious business, guise.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Sure is. Enjoy your first infraction for that little starry outburst up there.

moseslmpg

DreadnoughtDT;271931 said:
How did she know for sure he wasn't coming back though? Every time she has killed him there has basically been nothing left.

And Ridley isn't indestructible, being that she has destroyed him several times. If I was up against a force which resurrected and which I could easily destroy every time I met it, I would be tired, not scared.

But that part doesn't bother me so much. It seems, after the Ridley battle things start to really get good. The story twists are kind of done already though, in Fusion. Madeline looks suitably creepy and I half expected her to be the metroid queen in human form or something. I called the "Other M" part though.

Edit: Nvm. But seriously, they are rehashing a lot. This is more like the prequel to Fusion than the sequel to Super.

moseslmpg

You know, they should have just started the game at the Ridley battle. Everything before that is so much fluff.

From what I'm seeing they went with a much heavier Aliens influence and it is basically a recapitulation of Fusion and Metroid 2, which is not a bad thing.

One thing I don't understand is if the GF wanted to use Metroids, why did they send Samus on a mission to specifically exterminate them all? And why are they even manufacturing bioweapons when they have no known enemies able to threaten them? Mother Brain is dead, Ridley was dead, Kraid is dead, Space Pirates are gone, Metroids were gone. What is there to defend against except their own stupidity?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
moseslmpg;272127 said:
You know, they should have just started the game at the Ridley battle. Everything before that is so much fluff.

From what I'm seeing they went with a much heavier Aliens influence and it is basically a recapitulation of Fusion and Metroid 2, which is not a bad thing.

One thing I don't understand is if the GF wanted to use Metroids, why did they send Samus on a mission to specifically exterminate them all? And why are they even manufacturing bioweapons when they have no known enemies able to threaten them? Mother Brain is dead, Ridley was dead, Kraid is dead, Space Pirates are gone, Metroids were gone. What is there to defend against except their own stupidity?

It was a different sect of the GF who (presumably) broke off and did their own thing.

And the Space Pirates are far from gone... There are still the Ki Hunters, the Kriken, and a lot of other nasty villainous species out there.

Top Bottom