• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I finished DMC3

MKH Spartan

ok and i asked spartan this earlier but he seems to have gone offline on mission 18 with vergil which bosses do you fight? i know he recomended 4 bosses nevan, A&R, beowulf and one other but im wondering if there is another combo possibly involving the gigalepede and the hell vanguard that would also get me the style points i need without losing too much time?
You need to connect a circle on that board/rock slab/whatever the hell it is, it has glowing lights anyway lol, the route of Cerberus, Beowulf and Agni & Rudra is the shortest one, but feel free to do whichever route you find the bosses easier on. If you do the shortest route above, I recommend you do one extra boss fight to make sure you meet the requirements for the Mission (this is assuming you went straight for the king on the chessboard section and didn't hang around trying to kill everything individually). I usually do Nevan myself, as I find her to be a very easy battle,, while being much more fun to face than Doppleganger for example.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
OK so cerberus, A&R beowulf and doppleganger would work then? or doppleganger, nevan, cerberus and a&r?

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
You need to connect a circle on that board/rock slab/whatever the hell it is, it has glowing lights anyway lol, the route of Cerberus, Beowulf and Agni & Rudra is the shortest one, but feel free to do whichever route you find the bosses easier on. If you do the shortest route above, I recommend you do one extra boss fight to make sure you meet the requirements for the Mission (this is assuming you went straight for the king on the chessboard section and didn't hang around trying to kill everything individually). I usually do Nevan myself, as I find her to be a very easy battle,, while being much more fun to face than Doppleganger for example.

i dont have the game or picture in front of me basically i need to know who i can face in that circle which allows time for four bosses which link the middle the quickest

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Because im looking for the quickest route to finish the gems and hit the middle and go on now you say four bosses are needed for time and style and orbs together now other then nevan A&R beowulf and cerberus are there any others i could use in combo?

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
sorry for all the posting nvm ive got a pic of the stone slab so it looks like i can do doppleganger(which is awsome easy kills and style points),Im gunna assume the yellow stone is the gigalpede so thats another easy one, ill do nevan for the same reason easy style points and really easy to kill off quickly, now in the pic it looks like there is a green orb a dark blue orb and a lighter blue orb(i think so anyway cuz in the pic its lit up) the orb im unsure of is right above the yellow orb diagonally and diagonally down from the black or(doppleganger) is that beowulf or greyon?

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Just simply try the route I said, see how well it works for you.

Ok worth the shot but do you know what that orb is as a boss the one above the yellow but below the black i know its not cerberus cuz hes above the green which i take is A&R? so is it beowulf or greyon?

MKH Spartan

Ok worth the shot but do you know what that orb is as a boss the one above the yellow but below the black i know its not cerberus cuz hes above the green which i take is A&R? so is it beowulf or greyon?
I have no idea, I don't exactly memorise what that board looks like, I either take the short route, or do all of the bosses. I think Beowulf may be a white coloured orb if that helps (and if I remember right).

Just experiment and write them down if you really need to know which is which.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I have no idea, I don't exactly memorise what that board looks like, I either take the short route, or do all of the bosses. I think Beowulf may be a white coloured orb if that helps (and if I remember right).

Just experiment and write them down if you really need to know which is which.

Okay thanks for the info ill give it a shot thats the only orb im unsure of..the white orb in the middle isnt a boss its just the orb you have to link the others too right?

MKH Spartan

Okay thanks for the info ill give it a shot thats the only orb im unsure of..the white orb in the middle isnt a boss its just the orb you have to link the others too right?
I don't remember lol, I'm sure if you really want to know, google will know somewhere lolz.

Just try the Mission and see what you get, then work on improving whatever areas you didn't get an S in (assuming you don't S rank it the first time around).

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I don't remember lol, I'm sure if you really want to know, google will know somewhere lolz.

Just try the Mission and see what you get, then work on improving whatever areas you didn't get an S in (assuming you don't S rank it the first time around).

kk should be fairly easy considering the level im playing at and the fact that im using vergil

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Because you are better with Vergil?

Because he's op'ed lol and its on easy and im decent with him enough to wreck most of the bosses im usually better with dante on dmc3 then i am wqith vergil but im getting there where im even with both but im trying to google which crystal is which boss i can put a name to almost all of them except that one so its bugging me lol

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
vergil is stronger up to very hard then he and dante are equal its just that yamato is stronger than rebellion as is force edge and enemies are weaker on easy

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
dante is a better combattant for fun and wrecking enemies and making fools of them and looking stylish vergil is direct and just kills swiftly

MKH Spartan

Because he's op'ed lol and its on easy and im decent with him enough to wreck most of the bosses im usually better with dante on dmc3 then i am wqith vergil but im getting there where im even with both but im trying to google which crystal is which boss i can put a name to almost all of them except that one so its bugging me lol
Dante has alot more utility to his movelist, where as Vergil is more about raw attack power. Both characters are good, and both have their advantages/disadvantages, I just prefer Vergil as I have my whole kit with me all the time, where as Dante I can only have part of it at a time.

Oh, also because I still suck at Royal Guard (with the exception of the A&R boss fight, I do usually pull Royal Guard out for that, as the mid-air guard is easier than the normal guard and blocking their moves is rather simple as they are so damn telegraphed).

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Dante has alot more utility to his movelist, where as Vergil is more about raw attack power. Both characters are good, and both have their advantages/disadvantages, I just prefer Vergil as I have my whole kit with me all the time, where as Dante I can only have part of it at a time.

Oh, also because I still suck at Royal Guard (with the exception of the A&R boss fight, I do usually pull Royal Guard out for that, as the mid-air guard is easier than the normal guard and blocking their moves is rather simple as they are so damn telegraphed).

I perfer dante for the versatility and his guns and his combat and vergil is just fun to dominate enemy's and quick exicutions and his dark slayer style allows me to jump from enemy to enemy which is something i really gotta start using

MKH Spartan

I perfer dante for the versatility and his guns and his combat and vergil is just fun to dominate enemy's and quick exicutions and his dark slayer style allows me to jump from enemy to enemy which is something i really gotta start using
Yea, Dante is drastically better than Vergil in the ranged weapons department (but Spiral Swords is ridiculously good, so.... meh lol).

Top Bottom