• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I finished DMC3

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
you can take out cerberus with spital and ebony and ivory cancel in the left corner and never get hit he is simple and hard aint so bad very hard is much the same and dante must die is about 3x very hard mode so you meed strategies for the bosses but i have plenty which will get s rank and no damage for you and i am sure spartan does too

Good thing i found this forum lol and yah ive got a few strategies lined up for the bosses but any help i need ill be sure to come to you and spartan cerberus isnt a hard boss just wasnt able to knock him down fast enough to hit his heads and then i remember a&r works better so ill do it next time also i read that the shotgun instantly takes out his ice cover does it have to be fully leveled up to do so?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
it doesnt have to be but it helps and cerberus on dmd attacks 3 times as much and does the charge attack way more so strategies for hard mode will not work on him very hard and dmd difficulty requires a different strategy for each boss and each room as the enemy waves are different and if you dnt kill them fast enough they will devil trigger and gang up on you

MKH Spartan

Good thing i found this forum lol and yah ive got a few strategies lined up for the bosses but any help i need ill be sure to come to you and spartan cerberus isnt a hard boss just wasnt able to knock him down fast enough to hit his heads and then i remember a&r works better so ill do it next time also i read that the shotgun instantly takes out his ice cover does it have to be fully leveled up to do so?
Pass, I'm rather good on the tactics/strategies for Vergil, but my Dante ones are rather rusty (I haven't played as Dante on there in ages, I kind of main Vergil in DMC3 lol). Also, I always do the Spiral/Ebony and Ivory switch-cancelling if I do that fight with Dante, so I can't remember how good the shotgun is for the ice. Just use the switch-cancelling in the left corner with Cerberus/Swordmaster for Ice Age to dodge the falling ice he drops on you and you are all good.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
it doesnt have to be but it helps and cerberus on dmd attacks 3 times as much and does the charge attack way more so strategies for hard mode will not work on him very hard and dmd difficulty requires a different strategy for each boss and each room as the enemy waves are different and if you dnt kill them fast enough they will devil trigger and gang up on you

Pass, I'm rather good on the tactics/strategies for Vergil, but my Dante ones are rather rusty (I haven't played as Dante on there in ages, I kind of main Vergil in DMC3 lol). Also, I always do the Spiral/Ebony and Ivory switch-cancelling if I do that fight with Dante, so I can't remember how good the shotgun is for the ice. Just use the switch-cancelling in the left corner with Cerberus/Swordmaster for Ice Age to dodge the falling ice he drops on you and you are all good.

so does spiral work better for blasting away the ice? and i do use the left corner and then i run forward hit his paws and down him and then attack the heads and then go back to the corner normally i would trickster style that fight but right now im trying to lvl up swordmaster

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
you see told ypu bt the spiral cancel ha ha we both came up with the same thing im the opposite i main dante all the time so i can help you with him and spartan can help with vergil i know ground moves cancels and jump cancels for dante stinger curbstomp cancel is great for building style and mixing rebellion amd cerberus is good too ive a few ways so between the two of us we will get you sorted

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
you can spiral by gun switching fast and tapping the shoot button u repeatedly shoot the heads then and if spiral is lvl 3 his health drops fast then use the nunchucks to do the ice sphere move when he drops the shards on you and repeat the process

MKH Spartan

you see told ypu bt the spiral cancel ha ha we both came up with the same thing im the opposite i main dante all the time so i can help you with him and spartan can help with vergil i know ground moves cancels and jump cancels for dante stinger curbstomp cancel is great for building style and mixing rebellion amd cerberus is good too ive a few ways so between the two of us we will get you sorted
What he said lol.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman

you can spiral by gun switching fast and tapping the shoot button u repeatedly shoot the heads then and if spiral is lvl 3 his health drops fast then use the nunchucks to do the ice sphere move when he drops the shards on you and repeat the process

LOL between the the two of you i have a complete dmc series guide including vergil and dante :p okay so spiral shoot switch to E&I and then switch back(how long should i wait to switch back to spiral?

MKH Spartan

LOL between the the two of you i have a complete dmc series guide including vergil and dante :p okay so spiral shoot switch to E&I and then switch back(how long should i wait to switch back to spiral?
Switch as fast as you possibly can lol. You can also do the same technique with Royal Guard and Spiral, which is helpful for if you didn't have E&I equipped (which would be pretty rare, maybe you needed Kalina Arm for something lol).

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
as he said tap the switch button repeatedly and you will just keep firing with spiral rg works too but unless you can time the guard right you will take damage

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Switch as fast as you possibly can lol. You can also do the same technique with Royal Guard and Spiral, which is helpful for if you didn't have E&I equipped (which would be pretty rare, maybe you needed Kalina Arm for something lol).

so shoot with spiral and then switch to shotgun then back to spiral and then hit the leg drop him smack the heads back up rinse repeat

MKH Spartan

so shoot with spiral and then switch to shotgun then back to spiral and then hit the leg drop him smack the heads back up rinse repeat
Cerberus Boss battle 101 with Dante: This tactic is very boring but very effective.

Step 1: Equip Spiral, E&I, Cerberus and Swordmaster.
Step 2: Stand in left hand corner of arena.
Step 3: Fire Spiral/E&I while utilising switch cancelling
Step 4: Use Cerberus Ice Age is he ever does Ice Drop move.
Step 5: Repeat the above until he is dead.

That's the boss battle in a nutshell.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Cerberus Boss battle 101 with Dante: This tactic is very boring but very effective.

Step 1: Equip Spiral, E&I, Cerberus and Swordmaster.
Step 2: Stand in left hand corner of arena.
Step 3: Fire Spiral/E&I while utilising switch cancelling
Step 4: Use Cerberus Ice Age is he ever does Ice Drop move.
Step 5: Repeat the above until he is dead.

That's the boss battle in a nutshell.

and you style high just doing that it seems like the game would penalize you for the repeat atleast if you go up and hit him a few times your being somewhat involved lol

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
you never actually switch to the e&i or shotgun as the switch is so fast that your still in the shooting animation for spiral so it just keeps firing

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
exactly just keep mashing the fire button but watch for the fact the kick off spital moves you baclwards

ok and i asked spartan this earlier but he seems to have gone offline on mission 18 with vergil which bosses do you fight? i know he recomended 4 bosses nevan, A&R, beowulf and one other but im wondering if there is another combo possibly involving the gigalepede and the hell vanguard that would also get me the style points i need without losing too much time?

Top Bottom