• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How would like vergil to look in DmC(if he's in it :D)

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
didn't we actually had this discussion ?! check last page

DOH sooroorrry short term memory fail (i jump into forums between working and just mess up)
images

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
since DmC is supposed to be more modern and realistic DmC Vergil should use a gun.(i think a demonic looking revolver would suit him). he also needs demon and angel weapons . (DmC versions of Force Edge (demon weapon) and Beowulf (angel weapon) would work or maybe make Yamato the demon weapon and Force Edge the human one.)

I don't think Vergil should use a gun, because that goes against his code of not using guns. He follows a code of samurai and prefers to stay true to those teachings, which include the belief that guns are dishonorable.

that game is awesome hope they make a sequel.....so if vergil takes after this then im OK :D
images

Im_ok_with_this.png

Ok~ay. But if Vergil does "take after" Travis, then expect this
:ermm:

Tiran

The great pretender.
Link1.jpg

"They're aware of you now, Dante. Mundus Doesn't know I exist, so, I'll stay hidden until were ready to strike.
(Until I'm ready to stab you In the back and capitalize on the advantage you have provided for me on these missions I've sent you on. While you've been doing all the work, I've been plotting and planning to gain power to face Mundus myself using you as a tool to strengthen my power and weaken my enemy.
This of course will put Kat In a awkward position where she must decide whether to aid the one she has come to know and care for, or the master she has sworn herself to. Of course she'll choose the right path which will cost her her life and give Dante the boost he needs to gain power -and white hair- to face his brother then topple the lord of darkness. He'll shed tears for them both in the end as he stands at their graves dressed in full demon hunting attire. )

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Link1.jpg

"They're aware of you now, Dante. Mundus Doesn't know I exist, so, I'll stay hidden until were ready to strike.
(Until I'm ready to stab you In the back and capitalize on the advantage you have provided for me on these missions I've sent you on. While you've been doing all the work, I've been plotting and planning to gain power to face Mundus myself using you as a tool to strengthen my power and weaken my enemy.
This of course will put Kat In a awkward position where she must decide whether to aid the one she has come to know and care for, or the master she has sworn herself to. Of course she'll choose the right path which will cost her her life and give Dante the boost he needs to gain power -and white hair- to face his brother then topple the lord of darkness. He'll shed tears for them both in the end as he stands at their graves dressed in full demon hunting attire. )

Interesting theory. And isn't that guy the one from Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust? the Vampire who wanted to love the human woman? That couple reminded me of Sparda and Eva.

Jane Sweetbee

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_May_Cry_(novels)#Devil_May_Cry_Volume_1
*Dante is roughly 20 years in DMC 3.

I really fail to see the logic that DmC is exploring Dante's early years when that has been "explored". The only thing my logic tells me is that DmC Dante's story is the story of a new Dante.

And by Dante i am talking about this guy:
Brothers04-GilverVergilandTonyDante.png
It seems many people still don't know the timeline of Tony Redgrave. The Story of Tony Redgrave is set right before DMC1 (not DMC3, be careful, although many people think it does) - it may be the prequel of DMC1 intended by Kamiya. Tony is only looked young, not really young. In the novel, he himself said in his mind "i am not young". DMC3 replace it. Nothing was told about Dante before DMC3 -that's what DmC will do.

Jane Sweetbee

And i said DMC 1 story creator(s), if there was one man behind story, and the man was Hideki Kamiya, then yeah.
I also said that i support the mediums that hold DMC story that are supported by the story creators, and it does´t look like manga is supported by Hideki Kamiya (a key member of story).

The manga seems to be telling story of DMC 3. Which is kinda uuuh...a alternative story to Vergil´s death.
I agree with you. In terms of story, DMC series sucks. No further story was told about Dante. I just hope DmC fill the loophole.

McdD

Ignorant and closeminded - That's me :D
I agree with you. In terms of story, DMC series sucks. No further story was told about Dante. I just hope DmC fill the loophole.
I don't think the story of all DMC sucks.

DMC 1: This is a story.
DMC 2: This is a weird story (Where the hell did it come out of?) = inconsistent to storyline
DMC 3: This is an alternative story to Vergil's fall but the story consists of many scenes where Dante acts non stop as a joke machine.

DMC 4: combo of DMC 2 and 3. I swear it's so weird :p

Let me mentiong a scene in DMC 1 that was HIGHLY serious and one thing i praise by DMC 1:
The death of Nelo Angelous.
Vergil dies and Dante picks up amulet and remembers the time when they were kid.

That was Amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing story telling skills. To use voices and facial expression of Dante to give us (gamers) insight on Dante's thoughts ---- amazing.

So no i don't find DMC story to stink, the creator's first and last game of DMC is one i like most.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
I don't think Vergil should use a gun, because that goes against his code of not using guns. He follows a code of samurai and prefers to stay true to those teachings, which include the belief that guns are dishonorable.
1. actual samurai had nothing against guns and used them as soon as they were available. Vergil's dislike of guns is not a samurai trait it is Vergil's own personal preference (and it is not really a code he was perfectly comfortable using one of Dante's guns he just prefers not to).

2. DmC is supposed to have more western themes so there would be no reason for them to make Vergil follow an overly idealized 90% fictional version of Bushido. Unless they plan on turning Vergil into the type of hero that refuses to kill anyone there is no reason to not give DmC Vergil a gun other than the fact that DMC Vergil prefers swords.

Top Bottom