• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How would like vergil to look in DmC(if he's in it :D)

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
I don't think evil is really the right word to describe Vergil. Insane seems more accurate. He shows no signs of even being aware that his actions could have caused the extinction of the human race, he didn't seem to have any idea what he would do with Sparda's power and he seemed genuinely unable to understand why Dante would be uncomfortable with the idea of opening a hellgate in the middle of a city in order to retrieve Force Edge . His desperate need for his father's power seemed to be the only thing he was capable of thinking about.

Vergil's actions were not good, they can't be justified and it is very unlikely that he was planning on doing something good with that power or even had any plan for what to do with it at all but you can't call him evil because he wasn't completely sane. Evil people intentionally harm others for their own benefit and completely understand that their actions are wrong. Vergil clearly does not.

on topic: (remember this is a thread about DmC Vergil's appearance not DMC Vergil's morality)

his clothing should be mostly black with a bit of blue (to match Dante's black and red coat) he should be wearing something that seems more sophisticated and formal to contrast Dante's punk look. (a three piece suit would fit the theme best but i am not sure if it would be the best look for him.) he should have black hair in the same basic style as DMC3 Vergil but shorter to be more realistic (excessive use of hair gel isn't really a sophisticated trait). obviously he needs to have Yamato and it has to still be a katana. it's hilt and sheath should have a similar design to Rebellion's hilt (Sparda's swords should match.) since DmC is supposed to be more modern and realistic DmC Vergil should use a gun.(i think a demonic looking revolver would suit him). he also needs demon and angel weapons . (DmC versions of Force Edge (demon weapon) and Beowulf (angel weapon) would work or maybe make Yamato the demon weapon and Force Edge the human one.)

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
who says that?? i say he can be in between....and remember the second fight with vergil when lady steppedin he told her that theres no place for little girls and he pushed her away....so if hes completely evil he would have killed her right there and then.....so i say hes in between...:)

Didn't Dante say that? I know I'm late. Sorry.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
) since DmC is supposed to be more modern and realistic DmC Vergil should use a gun.(i think a demonic looking revolver would suit him). )
rarity_do_not_want-(n1294609501482).png

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
you dont get it do you. hes not a sadist he doesnt enjoy killing HE JUST DOESNT CARE. HUMAN LIFE IS WORTH NOTHING TO HIM. He killed the town and those thugs cuz it was easier than NOT killing them. when he kicked lady off the roof he wasnt thinking "enough blood has been shed ooooh" no he was thinking "biiitch get out of my way!" hell im pretty sure he intended her to fall to her death. HE IS A VILLAIN. im not saying hes 100% evil but he is a VILLAIN REGARDLESS

I know, late again, but...When did Vergil kick Lady off a roof? Didn't Arakam do that?

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Just cause you have a katana, doesn't make you a ninja, silly.^_^ Also Ninja's wield Ninjatos
To be 100% fair, the ninjato actually has no historical precedent, and is probably a modern invention. The arsonal of a "ninja" is the Katana, Shurikin, yumi (longbow) Kusarigama (chain and sickle), Kama (just a sickle), kunai (gardening spade), makibishi (poison sword), Shikomizue (cane blades), fukiya (blowguns), Happo (black egg), and metsubushi (blinding powder). Just wanted you to know. :)

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
To be 100% fair, the ninjato actually has no historical precedent, and is probably a modern invention. The arsonal of a "ninja" is the Katana, Shurikin, yumi (longbow) Kusarigama (chain and sickle), Kama (just a sickle), kunai (gardening spade), makibishi (poison sword), Shikomizue (cane blades), fukiya (blowguns), Happo (black egg), and metsubushi (blinding powder). Just wanted you to know. :)

question: what are black eggs and who is it that weilds tonfas??

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
question: what are black eggs and who is it that weilds tonfas??
Black eggs are preety much a combination of red pepper, dirt, dust, iron fillings, water or oil, and gunpowder put in a casing. You......pretty much throw it into their eyes...... and destroy their eyesite......
Since tonfa's are not efficiant for killing, it wasnt a ninja weapon. it is said to originate from china, or southeast asia, and has som okinawan influence on its design. its also said it was originally a crutch used in china, and theres also the okinawan folklore telling of Sho Shin, a ruler who banned convensional weapons, and instead encouraged the use of agricultural tools for self defence, and the tonfa was created from the wooden handle of a millstone. thats the folklore, anyway....

788Masri

Black eggs are preety much a combination of red pepper, dirt, dust, iron fillings, water or oil, and gunpowder put in a casing. You......pretty much throw it into their eyes...... and destroy their eyesite......
Since tonfa's are not efficiant for killing, it wasnt a ninja weapon. it is said to originate from china, or southeast asia, and has som okinawan influence on its design. its also said it was originally a crutch used in china, and theres also the okinawan folklore telling of Sho Shin, a ruler who banned convensional weapons, and instead encouraged the use of agricultural tools for self defence, and the tonfa was created from the wooden handle of a millstone. thats the folklore, anyway....

awww i was hoping for something more epic than that. tonfas are among my favourite weapons and im hoping that theyll be a weapon for dante. ah well still a black egg sounds nasty tho i cant imagine that in a dmc game

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
awww i was hoping for something more epic than that. tonfas are among my favourite weapons and im hoping that theyll be a weapon for dante. ah well still a black egg sounds nasty tho i cant imagine that in a dmc game
Agreed! :D Dante would look good with a pair of tonfas! (He looked pretty awesome with the scythe blades he used in a tonfa-like style in DMC3 ^_^)

788Masri

Agreed! :D Dante would look good with a pair of tonfas! (He looked pretty awesome with the scythe blades he used in a tonfa-like style in DMC3 ^_^)

true the quick bludgon movements are perfect for Dante. that and nunchucks tho i think tonfas would work better.

back to topic, Vergil would definitely have his old kataana yamato. tho i imagine itd be altered to look more demonic like rebellion was. and he may use the sheath as a weapon also .

788Masri

i want Vergil to look like this

05563757776973254519.jpg

as for Vergil being evil... , he is not Evil , at least not in the DMC world !!

you see in our world it is Evil to kill even one human and we all agree with that , but our world is not the same as DMC

we don't have demon in our world killing tons of humans in a blink of an eye , in our world killing is Evil but in DMC .... in DMC world you have to see the bigger picture , killing humans in order to save the world is not Evil , cause even the legendary Sparda sacrificed a woman so he can close the door to the demon world

so you're not gonna tell me that Sparda is evil too , Are you ?!

i like the concept for Vergils design i agree. this is his kind of look.

but i disagree about the moraltiy your labelling him with. he IS evil. not 100% but evil. there is a difference between what sparda did and what Vergil did. the priestess volunterred to be sacrificed (least i can asume) as it would be quite out of character for him to kill the person he fist fell in love with. Vergil on the other hand killed an entire town for his own goals. he killed a bunch of thugs cuz he could. he doesnt see human life as significant. he sees humanity as a weakness that needs to be purged. remember he stabbed arkham because he didnt kill his daughter and was therefore too weak.

and just because you can kill thousands at a time doesnt mean its ok. hell in our world I could kill millions with a push of a button. if i did it wouldnt make it ok. hell even if it saved countless more it isnt a good thing. Vergil is a dangerous evil man. but he isnt 100% evil. his mad drive for power started well "i want to protect the ones i love" but it became twisted and morphed to "might is right, if i become stronger everything will be ok" its not a long term goal. but thats how an obsession works. so he is still evil but has some humanity in him (tho he hates that fact). regardless he is still a kick ass character.

Sawyer1331

Son Of Sparda Is Back
i like the concept for Vergils design i agree. this is his kind of look.

but i disagree about the moraltiy your labelling him with. he IS evil. not 100% but evil. there is a difference between what sparda did and what Vergil did. the priestess volunterred to be sacrificed (least i can asume) as it would be quite out of character for him to kill the person he fist fell in love with. Vergil on the other hand killed an entire town for his own goals. he killed a bunch of thugs cuz he could. he doesnt see human life as significant. he sees humanity as a weakness that needs to be purged. remember he stabbed arkham because he didnt kill his daughter and was therefore too weak.

and just because you can kill thousands at a time doesnt mean its ok. hell in our world I could kill millions with a push of a button. if i did it wouldnt make it ok. hell even if it saved countless more it isnt a good thing. Vergil is a dangerous evil man. but he isnt 100% evil. his mad drive for power started well "i want to protect the ones i love" but it became twisted and morphed to "might is right, if i become stronger everything will be ok" its not a long term goal. but thats how an obsession works. so he is still evil but has some humanity in him (tho he hates that fact). regardless he is still a kick ass character.

didn't we actually had this discussion ?! check last page

Top Bottom