• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Cool Dante shot from Reddit.

fCdJBLw.jpg

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Did they completely forget about Majin dt in dmc 5, why Dante never use it? Majin DT was so powerful that he can probably match sin devil trigger in some way, maybe the two are even the same transformation somehow, they both have same move, and in Japanese translation they have the same name

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Majin Dt was originally unlocked when Dante was at low health or near death

It was only in gameplay though and not cutscenes

It is canon

My take on it is majin Dt is a lesser form of sin Dt since he could only use it out of desperation , and sin Dt is the perfected form of it

Vergil95

Majin Dt was originally unlocked when Dante was at low health or near death

It was only in gameplay though and not cutscenes

It is canon

My take on it is majin Dt is a lesser form of sin Dt since he could only use it out of desperation , and sin Dt is the perfected form of it
Yeah it make sense , maybe it's like false super sayan in dragon ball, when goku is almost defeated or near death entered this state in some episode in dragon ball but wasn't actually the real super sayan transformation, so Majin is like a false sin devil trigger, when he is near death dante used it... Also Majin appeared in the dmc 3 manga, when dante fight Alice he was in a desperate situation and entered that state for a brief period of time... I hope they clarify this in some novel or manga or something else to come

Sesha

Sin DT is called Majin DT in Japanese, with the same Kanji. Majin DT/DDT from DMC2, the Majin/perfect DT from the DMC4 art book and Sin DT are all meant to be the same thing.

Vergil95

Sin DT is called Majin DT in Japanese, with the same Kanji. Majin DT/DDT from DMC2, the Majin/perfect DT from the DMC4 art book and Sin DT are all meant to be the same thing.
Well but they are not the same transformation or dante would have use it from the start to defeat urizen... Majin form it's like a prelude to sin dt but it's not the complete transformation

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
So I knew Bustering the HellBat right before it explodes Nero will toss it but if you perform Hold when its about to explode the explosion is paused until Nero lets go of it (either by tossing like a grenade or letting go if while doing another action (not very advised as it explodes the moment it is released. I am trying to find moves where I can avoid taking damage and so far obviously Break Away is one move, and Helter Skelter's BreakAge move also seems to have i-frames so that works too). It also seems using RagTime's Break Age and inflicting damage on the HellBat while in Slow World will all together stop it from exploding but if you buster it again Nero does the bomb toss. It seems like it could be a bug but I guess it could be intentionally designed that way. Either way some cool hidden tricks there.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Shame we couldn't see a dynamic between Vergil and Nero , Nero is a hotheaded guy and is very cocky like Dante

Lol I am sure that might irritate Vergil at first , hope that if all 3 sparda men are in another game that Vergil and Nero bond and fight together

Wishful thinking on my part

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Might be cool if they continued the series in anime form if they no longer wanna make games

That way they could build on the relationships between Dante Vergil and Nero

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Might be cool if they continued the series in anime form if they no longer wanna make games

That way they could build on the relationships between Dante Vergil and Nero

I would like new games please and I would rather any non game media set after DMC5 not really contain major developments. If anything maybe Nero should get his own anime/series that deals with him running the business with Nico alongside appearances from Trish, Lady, Morrison, and other allies with Dante and Vergil away. Yes a DMC series without Dante. Have fans get more time with Nero and learn to accept him as their lord and savior new protagonist. You can flesh out the world post DMC5 and set up new elements for future games...or DMC6 so that heavy load is taken off the game's shoulders.

A Nero led DMC series imo has more potential to be good than the anime we did get since A. Nero is younger so he still has spunk and is just a more lively and active character than Dante B. since Capcom wants to make Nero the new face of DMC they might be more inclined to try this time C. there is more going on in Nero's life compared to Dante since he has a girlfriend, an orphanage that he runs along side his girlfriend, someone like Nico as a supporting lead (I might get flack for this but in DMC5 alone the Nero and Nico dynamic has more going for it than what Dante had with Trish or Lady), and a more interesting backstory with more ideas to spring from for a lot of episodes or arcs (or they can adapt Nero's backstory from the DMC4 novel and elements of the DMC5 novel into a flashback episode or something) so if they go pseudo slice of life again it can be interesting and D. if they get an actual director who is competent this time.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well, the producer of the Castlevania anime on Netflix announced he's doing one so..... we might get to see that.

DMC6 ain't coming out anytime soon so we need something to tide us over. :cool:

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
That looks more like an adaptation or alternate take than a canon continuation of the story but I guess any DMC content will do. Capcom has been a goddamn fool not pushing the DMC harder in the past. Resident Evil and Street Fighter can get a bunch of movies, spin offs, animated movies/series, and.....you know what nevermind its probably a good thing Capcom never pushed DMC harder outside of games since I remember most if not all Capcom property adaptations (outside a couple MegaMan anime and cartoons) usually are bad. Its like Capcom go out of their way to find the worst people possible to adapt their properties.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Don't worry guys when I get my film career off the ground...DMC is on the list next to Digimon. :cool:

PS. Nero fans beware....:sneaky:.

Fun Fact- DMC was licensed by Wildstorm back in the 2000s. Wildstorm was a DC comic imprint but it folded around 2011. :dead:

Titan comics started to do video game adaptations so I'm hoping they pick up DMC.:blush:

Vergil95

Now the producer of castlevania anime had the right of dmc so they cannot do a film unless he did

Top Bottom