• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Dante with Morrison's coat looks damn sweet. I'm installing this ****.

203-1556956200-673664601.png

Goldsickle

DmC style combo change is implemented in this game but only for Cavaliere, and only between the regular attack and Swordmaster moves.

Like for example, Sword, Sword, Style or Style, Style, Sword.
Works for both the ground and air combos.

I could ride on the Cavaliere for the first two hits and then break it into two for the spinning attack from the regular combo.

tehrugger

Banned
Great, another port for the Switch...

I wish they'd focus more on making original games for that console. I haven't turned on my Switch in 6 months.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I just replayed one of V's missions (M5), and he did a finisher to a Nobody I've never done before. It's not the one where he takes the eye and throws back, nor the one where V's says "Like to dance?", but where he takes his cane and pimp/bitch slaps the Nobody. He has a pimp/bitch slap as a finisher on a demon. o_O.....:sneaky:

Last edited:

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'm glad that in the end, the fears about the characters looking bad in a more realistic style got shattered (Trish aside).

8aft8y9bsgw21.jpg

Dante and Vergil in particular never looked better, IMO.
That's funny. I was just thinking about how much I dislike Vergil's new look and the fact that they don't look alike anymore.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I was just thinking about how much I dislike Vergil's new look

Took me a little bit to get used to the photorealistic style but it grew on me after a couple of cutscenes and I now agree with the general consensus that Vergil looks cool as hell here.

Ironically, I instead always disliked his look in that DMC3 render that everyone else seems to love.

the fact that they don't look alike anymore.

I've read somewhere that Itsuno was asked about that (in a stream I think) and he said that the period Vergil spent in his corrupted state messed with his flesh and changed his appearance.

To be honest I'm glad. I've seen mods changing Dante's face to Vergil's and vice versa (before the Bloody Palace taunt for Dante was a thing) and my God do their faces not go well with each other's hairstyles. When I beat BP with Dante, I won't ever use his special taunt, unless you can cancel it before he sweeps his hair back, right after he draws the heart behind his back.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
:whistle::cautious::cool:I like Vergil's new threads but the new face took a while to get used. Granted me taking a while to beat mission 19 helped. I'm ok with him and Dante not being identical twins anymore.

I still got V's bloody palace to beat but I got sidetracked by god of war. One Day guys...One Day.:wink:

Top Bottom