• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Did any of you notice that the gem on top of devil sword dante is probably the gem from the perfect amulet? Since it was into the sparda and you can also see it in the sparda and dante his the fusion of sparda and rebellion make perfect sense...

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I straight up will buy the full game again as a special edition

Please add turbo mode though , games not fast enough

Also Ronin , they said multiple times that outside of bloody palace they weren't adding anything else , so this isn't new news by any means

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I straight up will buy the full game again as a special edition

Please add turbo mode though , games not fast enough

Also Ronin , they said multiple times that outside of bloody palace they weren't adding anything else , so this isn't new news by any means

If they were announce DMC5SE for the next gen consoles like the PS5 similar to DmCDE/DMC4SE would you buy a new (probably $500) console for it?

Vergil95

If they were announce DMC5SE for the next gen consoles like the PS5 similar to DmCDE/DMC4SE would you buy a new (probably $500) console for it?
Since they announced the backward compatibility for ps5 probably there will be no need for a special edition, they will just release a patch probably... No i will not buy a new console for it, but I will buy it for dmc 6

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
May the battle of the taunts begin?

n5e686ttosu21.jpg

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020

I'm already buying a ps5 a next gen Xbox and a next gen Nintendo buddy lol , I buy every platform every gen just like I did this gen as I have the of PS4 and Xbox , I have an Xbox one s a PS4 pro and an Xbox one X and the switch and Wii u, I play everything on all consoles and I'm a bit of a console and handheld collector

So if an se comes out for next gen then I will gladly buy it yes

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
The "Robeless Corrupted Vergil" mod gives us the chance to look at his model's face, previously obstructed and hidden by his hood, before he split himself.

194-1556652933-1227053262.png

194-1556652984-947395831.png

194-1556653021-464028441.png

I wouldn't mind this as a costume if he ever gets to be playable.

tehrugger

Banned
I'm already buying a ps5 a next gen Xbox and a next gen Nintendo buddy lol , I buy every platform every gen just like I did this gen as I have the of PS4 and Xbox , I have an Xbox one s a PS4 pro and an Xbox one X and the switch and Wii u, I play everything on all consoles and I'm a bit of a console and handheld collector

So if an se comes out for next gen then I will gladly buy it yes

Well, someone be rollin' in it.

If a Special Edition with new content is made, how many years do you guys predict we'll have to wait for it?

What Capcom is doing is not fair to DMC fans.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Lol well that's what 70 hour weeks and self employment and an engineering degree gets u ha ha , lots of consoles

I predict an se within 2 years if they make one

Vergil95

Well, someone be rollin' in it.

If a Special Edition with new content is made, how many years do you guys predict we'll have to wait for it?

What Capcom is doing is not fair to DMC fans.
If they ever make it I predict one year like the resident evil 7 gold edition who was out 1 year later of the normal editiin

Goldsickle

I like how DMC4's Hell and Hell didn't register your deaths as a "Continue" until you use up all your Gold Orbs.
Don't like the new anal system in DMC5, where they even remove checkpoints (DMC4 had them for Hell and Hell).

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
And some fans said you can't make V's gameplay look stylish. They've must have not been trying hard enough.

Goldsickle

Demon Pull > Rawhide Snatch

I guess they were trying to carry over the idea that pulling a heavy enemy when stunned can topple them or reel in enemies that normally can't be Snatched but it falls flat.

For some reason, practicing this Rawhide Snatch on a Judecca in the Void is glitchy.
It works the first few times but either after you Buster the Judecca or after it recovers from its stun, the Rawhide Snatch suddenly doesn't pull it over anymore.

You also wouldn't want to Rawhide Snatch an Empusa Queen after it's stunned.
Sure, you pull it over but it also snaps out of the stun and you can't Buster it anymore.
Kinda pointless.

It doesn't help that the game carries over the mechanic from DmC, where pulling in enemies automatically make them stand up and able to resist you straight away.
Go ahead and pull in that Proto Angelo lying down.

Supposedly, you can topple Malphas with the Rawhide Snatch after you stagger her a bit but then she just warps away.
No special damage nor some significant momentary stun.

The potential of a "powered Snatch" is kinda wasted.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
the dodge

That side dodge frustrates me so much. The way it sends Shadow hecking off 3 miles to the side irritates me to no end, cause the dumb cat then needs to run all the way back to the enemy before he can start attacking again. It breaks the flow so much. Which is why I basically only use the normal jump or the Griffon jump. Or parry with the cane, which is pretty sick.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I meant the dodge against certain enemy types , as I agree the familiar reset is annoying

In particular the doge against fury , the Angelo's , behemoths and bosses is fun

And I use the teleport to phase through attacks and the parry too

Top Bottom