• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Games you want sequels!

berto

I Saw the Devil
There is only one game I want a sequel to above all others. Yes, there are a lot of games that I want sequels to, like Vanquish, and Beyond Good and Evil. Yet, there is one game above all others that deserves to fix all of it's issues and improve all of it's strengths. The one game that I call it's poor sales one of the most tragic and unfair blunders on the part of the gamers in the history of gaming, right up there with Okami, Beyond Good and Evil and Psychonauts. Yet, unlike those games, there will never be a sequel to this one. I am not being sarcastic or false in any of this, I genuinely believe that this game deserved a sequel more than any other and the fact that it will never happen is in my mind one of the great tragedies of gaming...

I'll tell you later. Maybe some one else will bring it up but I'm making a video about it so maybe then.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Devil May Cry 5
Metal Gear Rising 2
Castlevania Lords of Shadow 3 (Don't really like the way 2 ended)
Red Dead Redemption 2 (Maybe a prequel with John as a young man, or even about Jack)

Last edited:

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
RivalSchools

i could've swear you're the first one mentioning the game here, few days ago this game kinda crossed my mind while i was doing nothing, just crossed my mind like that, and then i wonder why it haven't got another sequel, was a fun experience and likeable chars and backgrounds..

Injustice 2

DmC 2 - Say what you want but I loved DmC and really hope they make another one and see where they go with the story.

i got a feeling injustice will get a sequel, it's special

and hey, let's hope for a DmC sequel, gonna be a though wish, but we shall not stop wishing for it..

There is only one game I want a sequel to above all others. Yes, there are a lot of games that I want sequels to, like Vanquish, and Beyond Good and Evil. Yet, there is one game above all others that deserves to fix all of it's issues and improve all of it's strengths. The one game that I call it's poor sales one of the most tragic and unfair blunders on the part of the gamers in the history of gaming, right up there with Okami, Beyond Good and Evil and Psychonauts. Yet, unlike those games, there will never be a sequel to this one. I am not being sarcastic or false in any of this, I genuinely believe that this game deserved a sequel more than any other and the fact that it will never happen is in my mind one of the great tragedies of gaming...

I'll tell you later. Maybe some one else will bring it up but I'm making a video about it so maybe then.

this whole talk about sales and sequel really scares me, fret that the game i want might end up like that.. and give us clue about the game, from which gen?

Castlevania Lords of Shadow 3 (Don't really like the way 2 ended)

have you ever thought how they will go with a sequel after that ending? that's like a perfect close ending, and i wanted more of alucard, how the hell will they go with that? lol, can't think of any unless they distorted it a bit.. but i sure hope the sequel comes with more rpg elements and bring back more weapons or stuff like weapon forging as in curse of darkness

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
have you ever thought how they will go with a sequel after that ending? that's like a perfect close ending, and i wanted more of alucard, how the hell will they go with that? lol, can't think of any unless they distorted it a bit.. but i sure hope the sequel comes with more rpg elements and bring back more weapons or stuff like weapon forging as in curse of darkness
I'm like you, I just want more Alucard. I think LoS2 should have been set in Medieval times with him as the protagonist.

berto

I Saw the Devil
this whole talk about sales and sequel really scares me, fret that the game i want might end up like that.. and give us clue about the game, from which gen?
I'll tell you if you want. I'm not keeping it a secret for the excitement, it just happens that we've been working on a video related to that game. Not really that big a deal. You wanna know?

absolitude

I'll tell you if you want. I'm not keeping it a secret for the excitement, it just happens that we've been working on a video related to that game. Not really that big a deal. You wanna know?

well yea, information is knowledge, knowledge is power, i want more pow-- please tell me, i'm the gossipy type, i fight my way thru secrets.. nyuk nyuk nyuk

absolitude

Folklore.

never even heard of this game, i missed this gen.. but i like what i'm seeing, the in-game visual style is rich and verymuch fantasical, and it was published under sony, lack on promotion?.. and who did the arts? looked like somewhat squeenix, the artwork on the characters remind me of front mission 4

berto

I Saw the Devil
never even heard of this game, i missed this gen.. but i like what i'm seeing, the in-game visual style is rich and verymuch fantasical, and it was published under sony, lack on promotion?.. and who did the arts? looked like somewhat squeenix, the artwork on the characters remind me of front mission 4
Folklore was developed by Game Republic, a studio founded by one of the creators of the Shin Megami Tensei series and a group of old Capcom key employees, one of which is credited with creating the Street Fighter series, and a producer for a lot of Resident Evil titles. The studio shut down a few years ago seeing very few successes. The game made a huge impact in Sony's E3 conference but sadly the 360 was doing much better at the time and when the PS3 did have enough units in people's homes the game had already been mostly forgotten.

I've become a bit of an expert on this game since I was the one who captured the footage and am doing editing and compositing, too. I also did the research so I know a lot about what happened.

Blade8513

i could've swear you're the first one mentioning the game here, few days ago this game kinda crossed my mind while i was doing nothing, just crossed my mind like that, and then i wonder why it haven't got another sequel, was a fun experience and likeable chars and backgrounds..

i got a feeling injustice will get a sequel, it's special

and hey, let's hope for a DmC sequel, gonna be a though wish, but we shall not stop wishing for it..

Yeah man I really really want a DmC sequel, I love the first one, I just worry that all the negativity it got from alot of the fan base and sales not meeting expectations could make a sequel unlikely :/ I hope they just go for it and make it lol

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Want sequels? Why not Fable IV? :'(

Y'know, Lionhead, like you promised years ago? Four to five main games, does that ring a bell? Because I've not forgotten that you announced it, even if those old articles from your site are gone, and the rumors that you're quitting the series after Legends is kinda making me want to drag all the devs who left back and force them to work on the sequel. -_-

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
- DMC5: no DmC edginess (F you was said/written like seven times throughout the game I'm Dante the demon killer horpadorp!'') , no a-hole Dante, no half-assed childish conspiracy story about a guy who had no apparent reason to want to kill his brother or protect the humans, and bad unexplained character development. No more poor boss design, no boring basic platforming. Also, more combos. If you thought DMC4 was lacking in that respect... DmC had about half the amount of combos DMC4 had. That, and the combat was pretty lackluster, so I wouldn't want NT to muck it up again. Don't care about DmC's characters, atmosphere, or even its story. But looks like DmC's not going to get a sequel... 1.1 million sold initially? Yeah no.

- Metal Gear Rising 2: more combo-centric gameplay would be great, though MGR1 was pretty nice in that department already. And maybe replace the parry system with something that works better and isn't as boring.

- Bayonetta 3: Don't really need to explain this, right? Bayonetta 2 seemed to have deeper gameplay than any Devil May Cry that came before. And it wasn't even ''just for pro players''. For PS4 and Xbox One, please!)

- Jade Empire 2: I loved the first game, it was more unique than its replacement, Mass Effect. Nice story too, great presentation. Would be amazing if they improved on the gameplay and released it alongside new Mass Effect games.

- Halo 5 It's already coming, though as far as I know not for PS4, sadly.

- An Elder Scrolls game that goes back to the amazing quest lines Oblivion and Morrowind had, both of the main quest and side quests. Less quantity, more quality... yes Skyrim, I'm looking at you.

- A good Fable game: Fable III was... urgh, 2 was decent, but I'd rather have the amazing atmosphere, characters, and nice quests that the original and The Lost Chapters had. The amount of spells and cool weapons were better too.

KRSkull

The 1986 Knightmare. I know that someone is going to say that this game has two sequals. But can we really consider them sequals to the game. but the sequals feels more like reboots. The first game was upward-scrolling shoot 'em up. The second game is a a side-view, flick-screen platform game. And the third is a role-playing video game.

berto

I Saw the Devil
RuleOfRose
I've actually contacted Atlas about releasing this game digitally for the PSN. They said that it wasn't up to them but to the developer, which is now basically defunct. They made 2 PS2 games and they didn't sell so there goes that. I used to own a copy, new, too, but a friend needed money and I sold it before it became such a cult title. I've been saving for a while to get a copy again but something always comes up (Like having to import DMC4).

More than a sequel I would like for this game to be re released and available for the public to enjoy, what, with the rise of the demand for horror survival. It was an excellent game and it's bulls%$# that it was a financial failure and that studio's last game.

Captain Xin

Zone Of The Enders,
731560-jehuty_wat.jpg

One of my favorite Mech design +One of the best giant robot game ever made.

Why there weren't any sequels again?

Top Bottom