• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favourite Devil May Cry 3 Style?

Which is your favourite fighting style?

• Gun Slinger

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Sword Master

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • Trickster

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Royal Guard

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • DoppleGanger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • QuickSilver

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • All of them

Votes: 7 14.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Re: Favourite Style?

Captain Liberty;7830 said:
Personally I have three favorite styles and I can't pick one so I'll just leave my vote off for now.

When playing normal or hard mode or for fun I go for swordmaster as I love the versitility of choice in my attacks and the ability to become so powerful in the air (i find aireal the best way to kill an enemy), you don't even need to use guns as the weapons get ranged attacks in SM :D (Beowulf being one of my fav weapons has an awesome ranged attack sending enemies flying).

In the harder modes I find quicksilver a better choice as it allows me to freeze time at the exact moment bosses become open to attack and allows me to go full out on their arses. I haven't used RG yet but I may end up choosing that over this if I did from what I hear, but I haven't gotten round to lving it up yet so taking Lv.1 RG onto DMD is sucide.

My third fav is trickster and it would ahve been my ultimate favorite if dante ahd access to it. With trickster you can dodge your enemy by teleporting to someone else and opening up on them, ultimate offensive. It also has other merrits like it's invicibitly frames (I love it when a boss tries to hit you and you instinvity try to teleport to someone else and then scream to yourself as no one else is there to teleport to before realising that you've just dodged their attack:D) and combining it with helm breaker in the same way as Vergil3 is just damn fun as the enemy can't do a damn thing about it:D

Well I've been studying swordsmanship for the past 2 years, I know it's not as long as you but with a sword i bet I would win the fight:p. But seriously man thats very dedicated I wish I had started mine that early, I salute you.

I think as regards to the styles I have the same three favourites but the last two you put would be in reverse order for me. Also I'm skilled with weapons as well, I know both single and double broadsword styles, butterfly knives' forms, staff, javelin, nunchacku and bench styles. How many weapons r u skilled with again. I reckon this pretty much matches your weapon repetoire, doesn't it.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry

Nelo Angelo II;7832 said:
I think as regards to the styles I have the same three favourites but the last two you put would be in reverse order for me. Also I'm skilled with weapons as well, I know both single and double broadsword styles, butterfly knives' forms, staff, javelin, nunchacku and bench styles. How many weapons r u skilled with again. I reckon this pretty much matches your weapon repetoire, doesn't it.

or u can use a Baseball Bat for the Demons to Dehead them all :p

Noxotic

I know Hapikido and Ninjutsu, both sword and Ninpo and others.....
I don't know EVERYTHING about ninjitsu since it was a very long time ago, but i still know alot nonetheless

=D

Nice 2 c some martial artists
>_>
<_<
I'm no expert, but i know what i said i know.

Captain Liberty

A True Swordmaster

My styles weren't in an order, all three are tied, I just think they're all useful in different situations.

Well I think your repetoire beats mine easilyo_O. I don't know many styles, but I know a lot about each. I know Iadio well (japanese swordsmanship), broadsword but not to good as of yet (still learning), claymore i'm still learning (though not much techinque to it:p), and going to start a marui weapon style soon (not sure which weapons it involves). As you can see all my stuff is swords so far and I would like to brance out more, but I spend a lot of my free time trying to tie it all into one efficent style and incresing my reaction times with a sparing partner. I maynot know much but I am proficient with it.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry

well..............Jijutsu its a great technic..................but if u are not fast to beat the enemy..............the enemy will beat u in no time

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World

Captain Liberty;7938 said:
My styles weren't in an order, all three are tied, I just think they're all useful in different situations.

Well I think your repetoire beats mine easilyo_O. I don't know many styles, but I know a lot about each. I know Iadio well (japanese swordsmanship), broadsword but not to good as of yet (still learning), claymore i'm still learning (though not much techinque to it:p), and going to start a marui weapon style soon (not sure which weapons it involves). As you can see all my stuff is swords so far and I would like to brance out more, but I spend a lot of my free time trying to tie it all into one efficent style and incresing my reaction times with a sparing partner. I maynot know much but I am proficient with it.

That's always best. I mean I heard of one of the old masters of Hsing I who knew the five elements form really well but because the five elements form was the heart of hsing i, he quickly mastered the rest after. Unfortunately this master got so powerful that he killed his sparring partner with a single punch and was consequently imprisoned for manslaughter. Maybe not the best example but you can see where I'm coming from. It's always best to learn the "bread and butter" of the style or styles that you're learning and it sounds like your doing fine. I mean I'm skilled with many weapons but I can't call myself a master. Sounds like you're doing well in Iado but don't use it for self-defence except maybe in a life or death situation, carrying a katana around with you is a sure-fire way to be arrested.

Captain Liberty

A True Swordmaster

Nelo Angelo II;7988 said:
That's always best. I mean I heard of one of the old masters of Hsing I who knew the five elements form really well but because the five elements form was the heart of hsing i, he quickly mastered the rest after. Unfortunately this master got so powerful that he killed his sparring partner with a single punch and was consequently imprisoned for manslaughter. Maybe not the best example but you can see where I'm coming from. It's always best to learn the "bread and butter" of the style or styles that you're learning and it sounds like your doing fine. I mean I'm skilled with many weapons but I can't call myself a master. Sounds like you're doing well in Iado but don't use it for self-defence except maybe in a life or death situation, carrying a katana around with you is a sure-fire way to be arrested.

Damn getting killed by your sparring partner, I think I'll be more careful who I train with nowo_O. Thanks man I am quiet good with my swords, although Iadio is used for the katana I pratice with all my swords from time to time (I have a big collection) and Iadio is more useful in self-defense then you would know. Anything that you can lift you can use Iadio principles in (like for example you were jumped in the street a fence post could be used) and we also learn a lot more then just swinging our swords, I can use a lot of other aspects from it in self-defense if needed. But I think if I ended up in an unarmed fight with someone who knew what they were doing down I would go.

So have you parcipated in any tornements before? I would love to myself but I'm not quiet skilled enough yet.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry

btw....................i saw a program about Martial Arts in Discovery Channel Civilisation............i saw soo many weapons, awsome weapons and i saw too breaking blocks, coconuts and some rocks too
with experts martia arts

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World

Captain Liberty;8013 said:
Damn getting killed by your sparring partner, I think I'll be more careful who I train with nowo_O. Thanks man I am quiet good with my swords, although Iadio is used for the katana I pratice with all my swords from time to time (I have a big collection) and Iadio is more useful in self-defense then you would know. Anything that you can lift you can use Iadio principles in (like for example you were jumped in the street a fence post could be used) and we also learn a lot more then just swinging our swords, I can use a lot of other aspects from it in self-defense if needed. But I think if I ended up in an unarmed fight with someone who knew what they were doing down I would go.

So have you parcipated in any tornements before? I would love to myself but I'm not quiet skilled enough yet.

No, my styles are mostly "street" skills used only for self defence. In a tournament the techniques I've been taught would end it too quickly and they aren't flashy, they focus on substance by which I mean that the fight would be over before it began, so I haven't participated in any tournaments, but I've used the techniques i've been taught against school bullies, works like a charm, so I think I'm at least adequately skilled enough to enter. Shaolin Splashing Hands is a fantastically fast art, if you've seen someone practice at it who's good at it, they can land seven fully extended punches in the space of three seconds. That should give you some idea as to how fast I am in a fight. I prefer unarmed fighting to armed but I'm skilled either way. Also my styles are focused on the belief that the opponent is always trying to maim or kill you so you have to make sure they can't retaliate, if you get my meaning.

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry

Nelo Angelo II;8044 said:
No, my styles are mostly "street" skills used only for self defence. In a tournament the techniques I've been taught would end it too quickly and they aren't flashy, they focus on substance by which I mean that the fight would be over before it began, so I haven't participated in any tournaments, but I've used the techniques i've been taught against school bullies, works like a charm, so I think I'm at least adequately skilled enough to enter. Shaolin Splashing Hands is a fantastically fast art, if you've seen someone practice at it who's good at it, they can land seven fully extended punches in the space of three seconds. That should give you some idea as to how fast I am in a fight. I prefer unarmed fighting to armed but I'm skilled either way. Also my styles are focused on the belief that the opponent is always trying to maim or kill you so you have to make sure they can't retaliate, if you get my meaning.

are u talking about style costumes or styles technics???o_O

ShadowNinja X7

LMAO, wow, I hope no one saw what I wrote before. Anyways, more flexible/light clothes give you more freedom of movement in a fight, which is always welcome.

BTW, how did this topic become so off topic?

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World

It was when one of the posters to this thread said he'd Just Release right through me, lol. Also I've not come across rigid clothes before so does flexibility really come into it. I mean no one now wears a feudal suit of armour in a fight/ battle any more.

Devil Hunter

Demon hunter

Sword master is the **** then trickster then dopplerganger then quicksiver then royal guard then gunslinger

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry

Devil Hunter;8499 said:
Sword master is the **** then trickster then dopplerganger then quicksiver then royal guard then gunslinger

soo.........are u saying that ur favourite style is SwordMaster??
awsome :D

Kaihedgie

I'm most comfortable with Darkslayer and Trickster, the evasive styles. Doppelganger's also a good choice as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom