• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

E3 2012 (Discution)

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Hmmm.

I have my eye on you!
My-Eye.jpg

Gah! Waiting until Wednesday is gonna be a pain. Imma go pout on a dark corner... or go rewatch the trailer for fun.
i've rewatched it like 20 times lol

Derozio

Sexiness Personified.
We learned that trailers made by NT can kick ass and the previous Captivate trailer just wasn't a fluke. :p

But on a serious note, loving everything I'm seeing here. DmC looks really promising. Now only if they adjusted the DT a bit and made the bosses more aggressive (Poison wasn't aggressive enough :<)....

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
The 4chan guy was right afterall this is lilith's nightclub and according to him vergil is in the game . And he also wears a black overcoat like the masked man.:D

berto

I Saw the Devil
The 4chan guy was right afterall this is lilith's nightclub and according to him vergil is in the game . And he also wears a black overcoat like the masked man.:D
If we take that assumtion as truth then Kat has been kidnaped at this point and that level is a rescue mission. Lilith is having Mudus' child and there is a sex scene between the two. Vergil is the leader of the order and he tells Dante not to go rescue Kat but he goes anyway. That is what the plot is like as far as we know.

Derozio

Sexiness Personified.
I don't know...call it what you will, but I don't really think the 4chan guy will be right about everything. He did get some things wrong (like Mundus being a fat guy when he's actually bulky and imposing and not obese) and it is only fair to believe stuff that we see with our very own eyes. I don't think I'd wanna see the sex scene. So yeah, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he's wrong. :x

But IF the sex scene is done aesthetically and well shot/doesn't look obscene and it IS in the game, I don't mind, I guess. I could somehow bear the scenes from Mass Effect so I guess I won't mind a well-shot scene THAT much if it makes its way into the game somehow. (ME scenes suck, though. My opinion, again.)

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
He
I don't know...call it what you will, but I don't really think the 4chan guy will be right about everything. He did get some things wrong (like Mundus being a fat guy when he's actually bulky and imposing and not obese) and it is only fair to believe stuff that we see with our very own eyes. I don't think I'd wanna see the sex scene. So yeah, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he's wrong. :x

But IF the sex scene is done aesthetically and well shot/doesn't look obscene and it IS in the game, I don't mind, I guess. I could somehow bear the scenes from Mass Effect so I guess I won't mind a well-shot scene THAT much if it makes its way into the game somehow. (ME scenes suck, though. My opinion, again.)
Mundus (given that he is) does look fat and a lot of people would describe him as fat and 4chan did say he was bald which is true.

I agree wth u aboutt the sex scene I wouldnt want it to be very graphic.

Derozio

Sexiness Personified.
Well, might just be the fact that your perception about an individual being fat or not varies from mine. So I guess he's fat as far as your and that 4chan guy's opinions are concerned and not for me.

I just wish he was wrong. That guy. But seeing all these facts staring me in the face in light of the recent trailer, I guess I'll have to face the harsh reality, after all: Tameem IS going forward with his crazy ideas about a "mature" form of story-telling in DmC and there's probably going to be a sex scene in it. AJKGLDAJLKG WHY, DUDE?! Most of the OTHER parts of the game seems so freakin awesome. You don't really NEED a sex scene to get tongues waggling for more attention. Get the gameplay perfectly right, make an epic trailer and blow away every skeptic!

Anyway, if it is in the game, I hope it isn't too graphic/gross.

Azurel

Berto, I think you should just sit this one out. You don't seem to like anything about this game, so maybe one of the future games will appeal to you or you can play the old games, but why stick around this part of the forum when you don't like the game? I don't say you aren't entitled to your opinion, of course you are, but there is no reason for you to be here if you don't want to be here. I wouldn't stay around a forum about a game I didn't like either, it's like putting your hand into a jar of scorpions and not wanting to pull it out, but rather keep telling people how much it sucks. Pull the hand out of the jar and spare yourself the misery.
Please don't misunderstand me, it is not because I don't want you around and I am in no way trying to make you leave if you don't want to, I just don't get why you are around when you clearly don't like the game. Maybe you could explain it to me?

Yeah, you can't be around something you hate, then act so surprised at the fact that you dislike it. And on top of that call yourself a mere skeptic when you're obviously hating on it. You can't even deny it as no one would be bothered to believe you at this point.

And for the love of Christ Almighty, use a spellchecker when you come up with a title for a thread at the very least. That misspelled thread title will be around...

forever.JPG

Nelo_Vergil

one very minor thing i noticed. those big frodder enemies with the chainsaw have an unkillable mode where they ignore your attacks

Meg

The thing about stating an opinion is making the people around you know that you are doing just that, stating an opinion. Some people, for some reason, think that what they think is the truth, and what they think is a fact of life. I have my doubts on this game, but I think I will enjoy it as much as I did with previous titles. I can say that, in my personal opinion, the game is looking good. Now, if someone comes to me and tells me that it IS going to be bad as if they are some sort of omnipotent being that can see the future and everything he/she speaks is the truth, then I would like to contradict that. Otherwise, everyone is free to look at the game as they want... if you don't like what you see and are conscious that other people do (and don't insult them in the process) then I will even look up to you and would love to have a friendly conversation of our views.

Calm yourself. No one will think worse of you for thinking that the game has gotten worse.

I can see the negative aspects as well as the positive ones for myself without having someone point them out to me.

I for one, do not like the fact that this game is linear and has Quicksilver in lieu of a true devil trigger. I never use DT, but I don't see why, as it didn't need to be taken out in the first place.

See? I can find a balanced viewpoint on my own.

And yes, we will have fun. Loads of it.

I was being cheeky! :lol: Maybe it's cause you guys haven't been here for very long, maybe I'm jumping the gun, or maybe the world is upside-down. Either way, sorry for the way I worded my first post. Let me explain, for the longest time, the general air on the forum was: "if you don't like DmC then shut up and get out." Well, I can see that's changed. So yay! :lol: I'll write up some things I didn't like about the trailer (there's a lot) and post them later. (My mom is begging to get on the computer. -_-)

Also, hello! I don't think I've spoken to either of you much. ^_^

Gbraga

Roulette Spin still looks like crap, they should change the animation back to The Fight trailer.

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
Nero was not born yet.
Pssh how would you know? Nero came out of nowhere! But it was just a joke anyway. I don't want to see Nero again.

The 4chan guy's near-prophetic telling is kind of scaring me, but whatever. The sex scene? It can't be too graphic considering the game can't pass Mature/PEGI 18. So I'm not very scared of that. It'll probably be suggested. Maybe you'll see a boob or something. You can't see the groin in a video game (unless it's Adults Only).

As long as it doesn't involve Kat; she's sixteen, the world would get ****ed, and hentai freaks will die happily. We can't have that.

End of day 1.

So, kids, what did we learn?
And I learned Mundus could be that fat man, Vergil could be the masked man, a few people are skeptics still (which I can see why...I don't like this trailer anymore), the graphics of this game will blow things out of the water (and if it's all locked at 30 fps, that's definitely a good thing), and that a few people are afraid of showing their opinions. Welcome to the real world guys, nobody likes opinions. They're blunt and mean when they have to be. And there's always an opinion on an opinion. Get used to it.

AngelMode

Roulette Spin still looks like crap, they should change the animation back to The Fight trailer.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of those random slow downs with some attacks. I understand that was probably added for the sake of making it seem like a hard hit or something... but it just looks like the game is lagging to me. lol

I was being cheeky! :lol: Maybe it's cause you guys haven't been here for very long, maybe I'm jumping the gun, or maybe the world is upside-down. Either way, sorry for the way I worded my first post. Let me explain, for the longest time, the general air on the forum was: "if you don't like DmC then shut up and get out." Well, I can see that's changed. So yay! :lol: I'll write up some things I didn't like about the trailer (there's a lot) and post them later. (My mom is begging to get on the computer. -_-)

Also, hello! I don't think I've spoken to either of you much. ^_^

Yeah, I was mostly a stalker of the forums for the longest time before I decided to join. So I do remember you.

And it's all good. You might have caught things I might not even thought about in this trailer so I would love to hear your opinion in the matter.

Reactions: Meg

Gbraga

Yeah, it looks so terrible that I'm honestly gonna avoid using it as much as I can.

The cinematic trailer in the other hand was the most awesome thing I've ever seen in my life, my body is ready!

AngelMode

Yeah, it looks so terrible that I'm honestly gonna avoid using it as much as I can.

The cinematic trailer in the other hand was the most awesome thing I've ever seen in my life, my body is ready!

LOL My body is ready. Gotta love that Reggie.

To tell the truth, I don't like much of Rebellion's combos at all. It looks like he is just waving the sword around like a douche... So far, Osiris is my favorite because of the flow it has and how long the combos are.

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
LOL My body is ready. Gotta love that Reggie.

To tell the truth, I don't like much of Rebellion's combos at all. It looks like he is just waving the sword around like a douche... So far, Osiris is my favorite because of the flow it has and how long the combos are.
He's supposed to be tripping and swinging Rebellion like he has no clue what he's doing. To me, it looks like he knows what he's doing xD
Osiris is my favorite too--gotta love dat scythe.

Gbraga

I can understand that they want to show him as a street brawler, using his tools as he can.

But that doesn't explain why we have a pause between hits in the roulette spin, it makes no sense whatsoever lol

Top Bottom