• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Due to DmC's bad sales......

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I don't believe Capcom could do a DevilMayCry5 if they wanted to.
I believe they don't have the talent to do it.
The original creators from ResidentEvil to DevilMayCry are gone, Capcom has been getting developers from other companies just to make sequels to get ResidentEvil 5,6 Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City, Dead Rising 2, Dark Void, Bionic Commando, & most were bad or iffy.
It's like Capcom is outsourcing cause it's cheap way to develop titles without spending money on they're own resources.
There are many reasons that companies outsource various jobs, but the most prominent advantage seems to be the fact that it often saves money. Many of the companies that provide outsourcing services are able to do the work for considerably less money, as they don't have to provide benefits to their workers and have fewer overhead expenses to worry about. Depending on location, it may also be more affordable to outsource to companies located in different countries.

I think Resident Evil 5, RE6, and Dead Rising 2 were made by Capcom.

Plus Capcom this gen has made Monster Hunter 3/4 (also that one on the Wii U), Dragon's Dogma, Okamiden, Lost Planet 2, Tatsunoko VS Capcom, (Super) Street Fighter IV, Troopers EX (If I'm saying it right), MegaMan Starforce 3, and Resident Evil: Revelations....they still have talent. Also the original creator for MegaMan (not Keiji) still works there granted he left but came back in 2007.

Plus the guys who made DMC3 and DMC4 (the best of the series....okay maybe not 4) are all still there.

Plus Capcom themselves stated that they planned to reduce outsourcing their games to outside developers by hiring 1000 new workers in 10 years.

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
And I'm 30. Want to make something of it?

Seriously, enough with the off-topic and pointless posts that you seem to make in every thread you encounter. Why don't you take some of your own advice and IGNORE people you cannot get along with? It would sure make my job easier...

Carry on, everyone.
oh snap

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Just because Capcom has developed the list of games you posted, doesn't mean they're good.
I've read E.X. Troopers isn't hitting the west.
I guess due to poor sales or not being well received by gamers they decided to reduce outsourcing of they're titles.

Obviously you've never played that list either cause Dragon's Dogma was recommended as GOTY for 2012 and Okamiden by many critics, reviewers, and gamers have been said to be one of the best games on the DS..shame it was a DS game and not a console game like its previous game.

Though not RE4 or RE2, RE: Revelations is considered one of the better RE games (along side RE1 & RE3).

I had MMSF3 AND IT WAS AMAZING!!!!! My favorite handheld game this generation. FAST PACED STRATEGIC ACTION!!! FUN ONLINE MODE....kind of like Anarchy Reigns you might run into an in-game boss while looking for online matches and the online punishes people who disconnect in some brutal ways (disconnect once you get a warning, disconnect twice you get a long unskippable and EXCRUCIATINGLY BORING CUTSCENE, disconnect three times the game stops u from playing for about 15 minutes, and disconnect again all of your battle cards gets wiped and you'll have to get them all over again or you get banned from online for sometime)........point is people rarely disconnect so playing online was fun and friendly.

I'm not sure about the Monster Hunter series but its one of the top highest selling games in Japan even rivaling Pokemon...in fact when Mario and Pokemon aren't present that game is dominating the market in Japan and some of its game are recorded as one of the highest selling games in Japanese gaming history (in fact Monster Hunter 4 on the 3DS is the most expected game of 2013 in Japan)....shame they rarely come to the US market that often though that seems to be changing.

EX Troopers isn't coming to the US because well Capcom thinks its too Japanesy and animish for the western market and when games like Sengoku Basara and Okami bombs HORRIBLY in sales you can't blame them and EX Troopers are TONS more cartoonish and Japanesey/animeish than J-pop rockstars with swords (Sengoku Basara) and Cel-Shaded Japanese Morning Cartoon (Okami).

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
I think Resident Evil 5, RE6, and Dead Rising 2 were made by Capcom.

I'm fairly certain that Dead Rising 2 was outsourced to a bunch of Canadian dudes. They didn't do that bad of a job, but they didn't significantly improve on the existing engine particularly apart from the improved aiming and the combo-weapon system.

I really hope they improve on Dragon's Dogma, I think a sequel that develops on the problems the first game had would go a long way toward saving Capcom. Also they should line up the people who thought on-disc DLC, killing Megaman and entrusting their flagship hack'n'slash franchise to one of the least successful triple-A development studios in the world were good ideas and do indescribable things to their duodenums.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
I think Capcom made some speeches lately that conceded they intend to focus on new IPs now, which is a good start as long as they don't try competing in the contempory military shooter market (although let's face it, they probably will).

A new Breath of Fire would be nice though. Show everyone how fun old school RPGs could be with some modern creature comforts and make an even bigger laughing stock out of Square Enix (Not that it's possible), that sort of thing.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I'm fairly certain that Dead Rising 2 was outsourced to a bunch of Canadian dudes. They didn't do that bad of a job, but they didn't significantly improve on the existing engine particularly apart from the improved aiming and the combo-weapon system.

I really hope they improve on Dragon's Dogma, I think a sequel that develops on the problems the first game had would go a long way toward saving Capcom. Also they should line up the people who thought on-disc DLC, killing Megaman and entrusting their flagship hack'n'slash franchise to one of the least successful development studios in the world were good ideas and do indescribable things to their duodenums.

Oh yeah it was but Keiji was still in charge of the development though.

On-disc DLC is bad ummm kay but shockingly Capcom isn't the only one that has done it.

I don't think MegaMan is dead.....just on vacation until Capcom decides to do something with him (that free fan-made PC game and that iOS game shows signs of at least caring.....a bit and Christian saying they have 10 years of MegaMan games planned...although noone believes him)...something Sonic needs to go on soon.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

DmC is no longer in the UK top 40. This failure to stay in the lead even in its own home country is surely the fault of haters and our vicious campaign of lies and misinformation.

My only regret is that Alchemist won't see this post :(
You're late to the party. It's old news. DmC has been out of the top 40 for a while.
I think Capcom made some speeches lately that conceded they intend to focus on new IPs now, which is a good start as long as they don't try competing in the contempory military shooter market (although let's face it, they probably will).

A new Breath of Fire would be nice though. Show everyone how fun old school RPGs could be with some modern creature comforts and make an even bigger laughing stock out of Square Enix (Not that it's possible), that sort of thing.
I hope they do focus on something new. It's a trend these days to reboot, not just games but movies as well. I'm getting tired of it. If Capcom really want to start making some original products, I'll welcome it.

HatredIsJoy

Oh boy just look at this guy being all :devil: because his opponent is banned. It's almost as if his only response to meeting someone who he can't bully into silence is hoping that they will do something stupid and get removed by the administration. Well, that, or using the ignore button to create a visibility of an echo chamber in which no negative opinions exist.

Man, the last time I met someone so annoying that they actually made me feel the need to constantly call them out was years ago. Good thing that he won't see my post, it'd hurt his feelings.

Seriously, how do you pro-DmC folk tolerate him? I know that most of you aren't like that.

Terrutas

Oh boy just look at this guy being all :devil: because his opponent is banned. It's almost as if his only response to meeting someone who he can't bully into silence is hoping that they will do something stupid and get removed by the administration. Well, that, or using the ignore button to create a visibility of an echo chamber in which no negative opinions exist.

Man, the last time I met someone so annoying that they actually made me feel the need to constantly call them out was years ago. Good thing that he won't see my post, it'd hurt his feelings.

Seriously, how do you pro-DmC folk tolerate him? I know that most of you aren't like that.
You've only seen the half of it. Trust me.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training

Prefacing this by saying I'm being general.

Now I'll say this: There is nothing to celebrate when someone is banned for whatever reason. But it is also a shame that their behaviour was such that a ban was the only option.

And sometimes hitting ignore is the best thing so that a thread doesn't turn into an insult flinging war. This forum is here for debating and discussing, not baseless arguing.

As for me, I sit on the fence when it comes to DmC. I had a lot of fun with the game, but I can also see things where it can be impoved and I welcome discussion with others who can talk sensibly about those flaws in the game, be it plot points or gaming mechanics.

If a person is unwilling to listen to the point of view of another, then they might as well talk to themself. That goes for people who just type baseless insults on the game without reason or fact to only incite a flamewar, and people who hype the game up like it poops rainbows just for the sake of annoying others.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
That goes for people who just type baseless insults on the game without reason or fact to only incite a flamewar, and people who hype the game up like it poops rainbows just for the sake of annoying others.

What lies do you speak?! DmC does poop rainbows like a Poptart Cat! I mean, Vergil's a friggin' unicorn!

... WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S ACTUALLY A ROBOT DINOSAUR?!

Yeah, sorry...had to rib on that one. :troll:

Top Bottom