• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Due to DmC's bad sales......

Dante the Demon slayer

Do you think Capcom will return to old Dante or will Capcom take there chances and continue the DmC reboot or will they make both......or they could just cancel it all together what do you think?

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Do you think Capcom will return to old Dante or will Capcom take there chances and continue the DmC reboot or will they make both......or they could just cancel it all together what do you think?
If I remember right, they are giving the game till the end of march...you see, fans just can't boycott DmC, not buy it and they think that "MAYBE IF WE DON'T BUY IT, THEY WILL GO BACK TO DMC"
That's not true at all, we NEED DmC to sell well to continue DMC or DmC.

BananaPie

Personally I think Capcom will drop the series, their track record and decisions isn't looking to good. But there is some news that Capcom will work with ninja theory again and wants more DMC in 2015.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
That's not true at all, we NEED DmC to sell well to continue DMC or DmC.

Well there simply is no way of knowing that for sure, so I don't think we are in a position to be saying what is true or not unless someone here works for Capcom.

We have no way of knowing how Capcom will handle this if it fails.

They could go back to the old series, or they could just kill the whole series off, bottom line is that we can't rule 1 of the other out here.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
If Capcom resorts back to the previous series right after the reboot then they're just sellouts and they can go f*ck themselves if that happens. DmC deserves to continue.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Well there simply is no way of knowing that for sure, so I don't think we are in a position to be saying what is true or not unless someone here works for Capcom.

We have no way of knowing how Capcom will handle this if it fails.

They could go back to the old series, or they could just kill the whole series off, bottom line is that we can't rule 1 of the other out here.
Fair enough point, we can't predict the future here!
Time will tell.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
But even though I love both I would still prefer them to go back to the old one.
My opinion, DmC2 or no more Devil May Cry in general.
DMC in the future would become stale and boring eventually, right? So, as the saying goes from The Dark Knight "You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
I say at least get DmC up to DmC4, end DmC, then make a DMC5...and end the entire series there.
Make DMC5 the greatest Devil May Cry to date, make it become something EVERYONE on both sides wants..have the series have a beautiful death.
Wow, me writing this seemed more epic than anything when I was listening to this

Zey

I came here to laugh at you.
Since Capcom don't know the word "shame", they will just leave the series in hiatus for years or just go back to DMC5. Even if they make some fanbase for DmC, I don't think they will care about the big cliffhanger they did at the end of the game with those bad sales. Even if I want the old series back, I feel that go for DMC5 is a big slap at both fanbase, they just want the money, not redemption or something.

In my opinion, the reboot idea is pretty good, but something more like the Mortal Kombat one, that way everyone will be happy, but it's already late and make another reboot is just the most stupid thing ever.

Capcom will never learn, sadly. Now let's cry for Megaman, Darkstalkers, Dino Crisis Onimusha and DMC.

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
The problem right now is we don't even know how much these companies even value criticism anymore and even if they do, do they even really bother to check? Just look at D3. Not that I'm comparing NT and Capcom to Blizzard but it's just an example of how times are changing now when it comes to companies interacting with the fans.We just never know anymore is all.

Another thing to point out is so many people are waiting for BP and Vergil Downfall to come out and possibly to wait for the price to go down. I've said it before but I know almost 10 people now who are waiting to buy the game once those things come out. Why they are waiting for those features to buy it and not get a head start now I don't know but it seems lots of people feel that way. That being said I bet the sales will go up soon however in total I still don't know how well the game is going to do.

DankestDarkness

Wondering sprit from hell
I hope this DmC ends ninja theory just ain't all that great and this has the low sales maybe they might go back to DMC 5 but due to these sales I doubt it they will never reach 5 million units with NT they can bearly get past 1 million stick with the old team

DankestDarkness

Wondering sprit from hell
The problem right now is we don't even know how much these companies even value criticism anymore and even if they do, do they even really bother to check? Just look at D3. Not that I'm comparing NT and Capcom to Blizzard but it's just an example of how times are changing now when it comes to companies interacting with the fans.We just never know anymore is all.

Another thing to point out is so many people are waiting for BP and Vergil Downfall to come out and possibly to wait for the price to go down. I've said it before but I know almost 10 people now who are waiting to buy the game once those things come out. Why they are waiting for those features to buy it and not get a head start now I don't know but it seems lots of people feel that way. That being said I bet the sales will go up soon however in total I still don't know how well the game is going to do.
Sales won't go up that much due to the fact their are so many good games that people know is coming out like the metal gear or crysis 3 or god of war DmC had three good weeks and there sales won't really compare then those three weeks

Top Bottom