• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Due to DmC's bad sales......

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
What lies do you speak?! DmC does poop rainbows like a Poptart Cat! I mean, Vergil's a friggin' unicorn!

... WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S ACTUALLY A ROBOT DINOSAUR?!

Yeah, sorry...had to rib on that one. :troll:
Vergil's metal robot unicorn, rainbow-pooping attack. Man...I totally forgot that one. :lol: He also shoots lasers from his eyes.and smells like chocolate, and sometimes he will do a little dance if you ask nicely:troll:

AlchemistFromEden

Prefacing this by saying I'm being general.

Now I'll say this: There is nothing to celebrate when someone is banned for whatever reason. But it is also a shame that their behaviour was such that a ban was the only option.

And sometimes hitting ignore is the best thing so that a thread doesn't turn into an insult flining war. This forum is here for debating and discussing, not baseless arguing.

As for me, I sit on the fence when it comes to DmC. I had a lot of fun with the game, but I can also see things where it can be impoved and I welcome discussion with others who can talk sensibly about those flaws in the game, be it plot points or gaming mechanics.

If a person is unwilling to listen to the point of view of another, then they might as well talk to themself. That goes for people who just type baseless insults on the game without reason or fact to only incite a flamewar, and people who hype the game up like it poops rainbows just for the sake of annoying others.
if you're referring to me i do not hype up the game up nor do i believe that it is flawless i just state my opinion on what other people consider flaws, and btw i had hit the ignore button and low and behold every thread that hatredisjoy posts on always involves me for some odd reason or another,
"thank god he can't see this, it'd hurt his feelings"
these kinda posts are why the ignore button exists but it sucks that there if you ignore people they can still see your posts even if it has nothing to do with them

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
You forgot farting perfume and barfing sprinkles and icecream. He does a hell of a hat trick too, but you have to tap dance on his face with Revenant first. :troll:

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
if you're referring to me i do not hype up the game up nor do i believe that it is flawless i just sate my opinion on what other people consider flaws, and btw i had hit the ignore button and low and behold every thread that hatredisjoy posts on always involves me for some odd reason or another,
"thank god he can't see this, it'd hurt his feelings"
these kinda posts are why the ignore button exists but it sucks that there if you ignore people they can still see your posts even if it has nothing to do with them
I don't mean you. I prefaced what I said. I was being general. I wasn't picking on anyone.

AlchemistFromEden

I don't mean you. I prefaced what I said. I was being general. I wasn't picking on anyone.
oh ok, btw only reason i'm glad that particular person was banned was because it was blatantly obvious he was only here to troll any positivity towards the game, i mean seriously, "dontexdemonkillah" definitely doesn't sound like someone who has never used the succubus cutscene to critique the entire dialogue and tone of the game

HatredIsJoy

Yeah, it is a shame. I liked donteXdemon_killahX420, too bad that he had to go and get himself banned. Dude just didn't knew when to stop and take a break, i guess.

I just don't like Ignore buttons in general. I mean, If someone breaks rules, they will be banned. And not derailing is a question of having enough willpwer to not reply if you don't want to. Ignoring ends up being a tool for creating personalized little echo chambers, and that just defeats the point of participating in a public forum for me. That's why I'm not using it :|

[Edit]
i mean seriously, "dontexdemonkillah" definitely doesn't sound like someone who has never used the succubus cutscene to critique the entire dialogue and tone of the game

I guess using examples of awful writing as proof of the game having awful writing is trolling now.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
oh ok, btw only reason i'm glad that particular person was banned was because it was blatantly obvious he was only here to troll any positivity towards the game, i mean seriously, "dontexdemonkillah" definitely doesn't sound like someone who has never used the succubus cutscene to critique the entire dialogue and tone of the game
I noticed, and that member was annoying, but he/she? is gone, plus not the worst troll I've seen.
I wouldn't mind if it was sound and founded critique, but some of it was just plain baseless bashing for the sake of getting a rise out of others who woul react.
Some can be reasoned with, others....not so much. Like I said, I'm fine with sensible debate about why, but simply stating 'the game is crap' with no reason is pointless.
Anyway, that's all over now. ^_^

Rule of thumb: Don't like, don't read, don't feed the troll. And if it's really bad, then ignore.

HatredIsJoy

It's too early to be sad. DmC's not going to be a smah hit, but it still can turn out to be a slow burner (is that the right term? not a native speaker :/) and accumulate a nice amount of sales over time. I hope that it won't happen, of course, but the possibility exists.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
It's too early to be sad. DmC's not going to be a smah hit, but it still can turn out to be a slow burner (is that the right term? not a native speaker :/) and accumulate a nice amount of sales over time. I hope that it won't happen, of course, but the possibility exists.
Yeah, slow burner is the right expression. I have a feeling it could do that, especially with a price drop. Thanks for that idea.^_^

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda

I believe the term you are looking for is "sleeper hit". DMC1 started off that way as well, keep in mind, an dthe game has only been out for just under a month so far.

Dominus

Tomorrow NPD sales data is released guys, aka accurate American sales numbers. Brace yourselves....

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Tomorrow NPD sales data is released guys, aka accurate American sales numbers. Brace yourselves....
And lots of angry posts that follow, circulating through the internet like pebbles crabs in a dried up desert.

tumblr_inline_mgp0nbamQD1qhxf5u.gif

You know the drill.

Top Bottom