• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Due to DmC's bad sales......

HatredIsJoy

How the weighted mathematical mean from pres's estimates correlates with the opinion of players?

It's a great example of a completely, irredeemably awful game getting high scores from the gaming press. Reviewers were praising that turd like it was the second coming of videogame Jesus.

Dnishe Ebanoye

So emotionally .... Looks like it's your personal subjective opinion, comrade!
Perhaps you have the emotional trauma about this game? Excessive expectations?

HatredIsJoy

I expected DA2 to be a horrible failure, and that's exactly what it turned out to be, so no excessive expectations here. But maaaan I had ridiculous amounts of fun just going around different forums and rubbing the salt into the wounds of diehard Bioware fanboys.

HatredIsJoy

Hey, It's not trolling if I'm speaking the truth. DA2 was so bad that no one had to make up **** about it to make the fans cry.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Hey, It's not trolling if I'm speaking the truth. DA2 was so bad that no one had to make up **** about it to make the fans cry.

It's a great example of a completely, irredeemably awful game getting high scores from the gaming press. Reviewers were praising that turd like it was the second coming of videogame Jesus.

Subject to an opinion of course... there are many games the press liked that I didnt & vice versa. Same goes with games that some gamers like, its all opinion & everyone has their own tastes & right to an opinion. I mean im not here for my love of Capcom or the Devil May Cry series for example.

HatredIsJoy

So why are you here then? It's strange to see someone join a fan community for reasons other than love of whatever that community is about.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
If I remember right, they are giving the game till the end of march...you see, fans just can't boycott DmC, not buy it and they think that "MAYBE IF WE DON'T BUY IT, THEY WILL GO BACK TO DMC"
That's not true at all, we NEED DmC to sell well to continue DMC or DmC.

Why is that? You think Capcom will go bankrupt if DmC doesn't sell well? It seems logical to me that if DmC sells well, they'll continue with that and disregard DMC.

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
I don't think they will continue the franchise what so ever sad really...I wanted a sequel to DMC 2...but nooo...it had to get a reboot...so with the not so surprising sales I doubt...but who knows they might work on the original and see a less likely chance of a DmC 2...but only time will tell....

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
So why are you here then? It's strange to see someone join a fan community for reasons other than love of whatever that community is about.
He's a damn good member of staff, having more than proven himself on other forums that we own and quite honestly it's refreshing to have a member of staff on board who is able to remain 100% objective about all the games and just do his job without affiliation or inclination to any title.

I don't like any devil may cry game either - I'm here because nepotism is awesome ;)

ALSO: Although I realise certain conversations have died down since they were reported, this isn't a daycare centre and I have no interest in babysitting those with emotional problems that manifest themselves as poorly-constructed argumentative troll-posts. Deal with your anger on your own time, not mine. And no, leyasu is most definitely NOT included in this - just everyone else who decided to get stuck in and pretty much derail a thread for...13 pages or so.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
He's a damn good member of staff, having more than proven himself on other forums that we own and quite honestly it's refreshing to have a member of staff on board who is able to remain 100% objective about all the games and just do his job without affiliation or inclination to any title.

I don't like any devil may cry game either - I'm here because nepotism is awesome ;)

ALSO: Although I realise certain conversations have died down since they were reported, this isn't a daycare centre and I have no interest in babysitting those with emotional problems that manifest themselves as poorly-constructed argumentative troll-posts. Deal with your anger on your own time, not mine. And no, leyasu is most definitely NOT included in this - just everyone else who decided to get stuck in and pretty much derail a thread for...13 pages or so.
They derailed a thread without me :'(

AlchemistFromEden

it wasn't an objectively bad game though
-good graphics
-good gameplay
-nice story
-replayability
these are all the factors of a good game, an 82/100=GOOD GAME, not great, but good, so no, they weren't overly praising it because they knew what bioware was going for, they knew what to expect, and they graded it accordingly instead of being completely subjective by saying
"DERP, NOT A CLONE OF DRAGON AGE 1, THEREFORE IT SUCKS, DERP" this isn't how you do a good review and until you realize that you will never be able to be taken seriously by gaming journalists, robert cram is a good example of someone who frequently gets annoyed at people who have never taken a journalism class pretending like they can objectively critique something in a critical way, and i'm sure in your mind you think you are being objective all the time but I can tell you, that its not true

Top Bottom