• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dmc sells NOT 2 GOOD In IT's 2ND WEEK :(

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
The same thing happened recently with RE6 with the sales dwindling after its initial launch.

There could be various factors for this

1.bad pr
2.Divided fanbase
3.People lost interest

In Resident Evil 6's case, it was mainly due to it being a fairly mediocre game. Though I'll agree with you that's not the only factor to take into account.

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
RE6 it's actually quite enjoyable. It just tries to snatch a lot of genres and never really becomes above average in any of them, but that's not exactly a bad thing unless you're a fan of the RE series as a survival horror.

I find RE6 idea of third person shooting action somewhat fun, you shoot, then you hit enemies with melee, change weapons and itens on the fly, use QTE for actions outside of your moveset, and mostly keep on the move all times.
RE6 could be an awesome (and I mean awesome) action horror/third person shooter, it just needed some better polishment and better aplication for it's mostly good gameplay ideas.

wwinterj

Not a shock to be honest. Capcom want more DMC/DmC by 2015 so it could go either way. Personally I hope for DMC 5 but I'd take a sequel of this game. I doubt this will be the last DMC/DmC game.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
Welp, as for the sales go, I think people are kinda overreacting.

It hasn't really been a complete month yet and people are freaking out if this game will get good sales. it hasn't been 2 complete weeks yet either. I say we should start analyzing sale numbers after around 2 months have passed, or at least until after the DLC for Vergil/Bloody Palace comes out.
That would be too reasonable and smart. People want hard results now!! Don't you know anything about gamer culture??? It's all about being impatient, bitching about everything and overreacting.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
What if DmC fails and they later a make a Beach Volleyball game of Devil May Cry, and we have to pick out bikini's for Dante!?
IM OUT

imout.gif

Domenic93

Um.....okay? I'd ask how but if I'm really on your ignore list then I guess I'll never know.

So if someone else wants to tell me, that would be great. Because I don't get it.
meg come to gamefaqs forums, not so many blind fanboys

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
What if DmC fails and they later a make a Beach Volleyball game of Devil May Cry, and we have to pick out bikini's for Dante!?
...So Speedos and Pizza cover for Dante vergil and nero for the ladies and tinnie winnie bikinis for Lady, Kyrie, trish and Kat(and lucia) for the guys?

That would sell platnium in two days, and you know it.
XD And it can have that silly catchy theme song. "Bah-duh-bum bah-duh-bum" while they all play volleyball together, and have that odd butt battle thing where they have to knock the other person off into the water o.o

Oh lord, WHAT MONSTER HAVE WE CREATED!?

So...are you guys saying you want a Dead or Alive xtreme version of DMC?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Mature discussions only please...

To be honest all those other titles in the top 10 have been there for some time & continue to sell well so im not suprised that they have overtaken DmC again. It was to be expected as lots of them are also on sale in the Jan sales at a reduced price as well as Skyrim having all DLC coming to PS3 soon which would have upped its sales again.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
I hope the series doesn't die after the 1st game, if it does then Ninja Theory will likely be out of business, and the horrid fans of the originals would've 'won'..

It's not likely. Antonaides gets more powerful the more he completely fails. He's like Uwe Boll. In fact...

uwe-boll.jpg
image.jpg

...the resemblance is uncanny!

Nero.

If this is true, and the haters spread enough of a disinformation to cause this...then I have a message.

Congradulations; you may have just murdered the entire franchise. Hope you are happy.

There are some of us who would rather see this series die then go in this direction take that as you will.Some people will learn to let go will you?

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
There are some of us who would rather see this series die then go in this direction take that as you will.Some people will learn to let go will you?

The thing is, even if Devil May Cry as a series ceases to be, it's not like the game designers who made it will pop out of existence. They'll spread out into the industry, influence others and evolve as creative individuals to bring better games into the world. God knows that just by existing DMC has had a profound effect on the industry over the last ten years, and the people who grew up loving them will inevitably become game designers themselves.

Memes don't die. They hibernate.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda

if the series had a proper send of, yes. If it dies out because of stubborn children who refuse to accept change or an attempt to take a different spin on things, then that's a horrible death. Just imagine what would have happened if, when Nolan rebooted Batman, the fans continued to stay stubborn and call it "horrible" just because it was trying to revitalize the series with a fresh spin; there would be no Dark Knight or Dark Knight Rises. This is not "wipe the slate, DMC series never existed", this is like New Trek or the Marvel Ultimates; Revamping as another universe to play with and try different ideas.

If this dies, it IS the result of people who say "will you let go", when they in fact CANNOT "let go".

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
if the series had a proper send of, yes. If it dies out because of stubborn children who refuse to accept change or an attempt to take a different spin on things, then that's a horrible death. Just imagine what would have happened if, when Nolan rebooted Batman, the fans continued to stay stubborn and call it "horrible" just because it was trying to revitalize the series with a fresh spin; there would be no Dark Knight or Dark Knight Rises. This is not "wipe the slate, DMC series never existed", this is like New Trek or the Marvel Ultimates; Revamping as another universe to play with and try different ideas.

It's really more like if Sonic didn't get a sequel for six years, then Sega got the guys who made Drake of the 99 Dragons to reboot it, and the lead dev repeatedly insulted and belittled the people who complained about it, then they released Shadow The Hedgehog.

If this dies, it IS the result of people who say "will you let go", when they in fact CANNOT "let go".

I see, so you're saying

noui.jpg

Nero.

The thing is, even if Devil May Cry as a series ceases to be, it's not like the game designers who made it will pop out of existence. They'll spread out into the industry, influence others and evolve as creative individuals to bring better games into the world. God knows that just by existing DMC has had a profound effect on the industry over the last ten years, and the people who grew up loving them will inevitably become game designers themselves.

Memes don't die. They hibernate.
I'm not seeing how this has to do with anything I said but I agree.

That's because all those series you named are still recognizable and still had the essence of said series. I had a family member Play the PC version of DmC and it took him hours to believe that this was supposed to be a Devil May Cry game never the less it ****ed him off.

and the last part doesn't make sense if the series dies people will move on plain and simple.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
They don't want things to change, they thinkg it's not DMC unless it's more rehash of what ended up failing in DMC4. Ergo, yes, they cannot let go, and would rather let the series die than evolve and revitalize itself. Wanting a story or franchise to to just die instead of reinventing itself is one of the worst expressions of "cannot let go".

KtWtWiS43

If this is true, and the haters spread enough of a disinformation to cause this...then I have a message.

Congradulations; you may have just murdered the entire franchise. Hope you are happy.
I think this thread is going to breed the exact kind of reaction you just had. Blaming poor sales on "the haters" is just going to perpetuate this flame war that Capcom started in the first place to cause controversy among the fans to sell the damn game in the first place. The game's out there and it can now perform however well, on it's own merits. If it doesn't sell well, than maybe Capcom should rethink the next time they want to reboot the series and do it in a more respectful way to the fans.

Top Bottom